Dicks Sporting Goodsbad service

E

My father in law bought baseball gloves for my kids for Christmas-They wanted to exchange them at Dicks-since I did not have the reseipt The Manager would not honor the credit card receipt from American Express. He told me too bad... you could have bought anything with that. Terrible Service.

Today a cashier would not honor a $10 coupon -said it was printed online, anything printed online is not valid- again, Terrible Service- I will try my best to not shop there. The help seem to be young people that are more interedted in chatting with each other than helping.

• Xa
    XavierMichael Apr 29, 2011

This customer is trying to exchange a purchase made well beyond the 90-Day return policy (Clearly stated on the back of the receipt as well as on the front with an expiration date) AND this customer is trying to use a "bootleg" online coupon. This is not bad service, this a store trying to stay in business! Times are hard indeed, but this does not mean a business should throw out all of their policies and start hemmoraging money. As a consumer, it is important that you are mindful of policies. They are in place so that a company stays profitable and to keep people employed.

• Pa
    Paul Nov 29, 2010

Dick's Sporting Goods sent online promotion advertising for it Black Friday sale. The promotion said that the stores opened at 5 AM on Friday. The bold banner directly above the item, a Goalrilla 60 Inch Glass Backboard system, said that the Early Bird sale was from 5 AM to 2 PM only! I called on Black Friday between those hours and was told they sold out of this item on line early during the day on Thursday, i.e., long before the bold banner, located in the ad directly above the promotional rate basketball system, states the sale started. See url below.

In very very small print 5 or 6 inches there is a statement that the pre Black Friday sale began on line at 6 AM Thursday, i.e., 11/25 and that stores opened at 5 AM on Friday. This very very fine print, however, is inside a self contained box which included promotions for other items but not the Goalrilla Basketball System.

Below the seperate as distint box was a large bold banner which states: EARLY BIRD DEALS 5 AM - 2 PM ONLY! (ON PROMO URL: https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/12c80f3cdbf97cdf)

It was very confusing. The bold banner refered to above was seperate from the box which included the fine print. The Banner clearly appears to refer to the items below the banner, including the Goalrilla 60" Basketball goal system.

THIS IS MISLEADING AND DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING. IF IT HAD BEEN CLEAR I COULD AND WOULD HAVE PURCHASED THE ITEM ON LINE ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25th. When I requested a rain check due to the misleading advertising, the Supervisor, Jill who told me that her badge number is 73892, refused to provide on.

While the promotion says while supplies last I demanded a rain check because the time of the promotion as presented on the on line ad was deceptive and misleading. Otherwise, I would and could have ordered the item on Nov. 25th, while it was still in stock. I AM STILL DEMANDING A RAIN CHECK.

Helpful_Soul Aug 30, 2010

Ushtorre,

I am a employee at Dick's Sporting Goods and I am sorry you were having troubles locating the survey from your reciept. I really hope I can be of assistance. From my experience from logging in complaints and concerns for the online survey I have noticed that 85% of the customers are searching it through google, bing, yahoo, and many other search engines and unfortunatly it cannot be found in that manner. The other 15% try to locate it within the website which the survey is not located on the site due to the fact the survey service is provided to us by Maritz Research Inc. a private survey organization that Dick's Sporting Goods uses. So here are some helpful tips for you I have used this to help every customer that calls in with the issue and its worked everytime.
    1. Go to the Dick's Website
    2. Now on the top of your internet server it should show
    3. Now ERASE home/index.jsp and ADD the word feedback
    then press your enter key and it should take you there.

If that does not work I have also attached a picture as well as visual guidence for you as well and anyone else that views this page. If then your still have issues locating the survey PLEASE feel free to call our 24 hours customer service at 1.877.846.9997 and a live agent would be more than happy to assist you in the issue.

I hope you future experiences with us are more pleasant then what you ran into with the survey.

• Gi
    Gicarnasse Jul 06, 2010

Spent 15 minutes for your 10.00$ coupon you promise what a rip off.

• Us
    Ushtorre May 04, 2010

No listing/availability for claimed $10.00 off coupon on next purchase of $50.00.

Helpful_Soul Apr 02, 2010

again the website is

www.dickssportinggoods.com/feedback

it takes you to a screen with sample reciepts

Helpful_Soul Apr 02, 2010

i trully do not understand why it is so hard to locate the link, I even googled it and what do you know I found the link in there several times. I am a employee for the company for the past three years and have noticed a lot of issues with finding the feedback, and it is being researched to see if we can see why our guests are having so many issues in locating the link. Some customers forget to put the double G or double S in the link and others are trying to find it within the website. It is a different link not associated with the website the link for the discount is generated in from a difference system but we are looking into some how combining it to the website. I do apologize this has inconvienced you and at any time feel free to contact a customer service rep from the online web site and they can easily have one e-mailed to you within 2-3 business days.

Mavrick Mar 10, 2010

I too was given the website to complete the survey in 48 hours. I would if I could find it!!!

• Valerie Jul 29, 2008

I purchased E95-eliptical machine worth ($1699.99) in May 2008 and received the delivery in June exactly after 21 days later. The horizontal bar that holds the flywheel was bend - that I discovered after assembly the whole machine and 1st time I used it.

For last 16 days I have been calling them almost every day so I know the status and have talked to multiple customer service personal, supervisor, and sales manager so I can get a replacement. Every person I spoke to acknowledges that they should have called me and kept me informed about the status of receiving the replacement. But now bothered to call me.

Bottom line, at last yesterday afternoon I got the word I will be receiving a new machine but I will have to wait for another 16 days and thats not acceptable. I told them I need to speak to Public Relations dept but they gave me a run around and I even called the corporate head quarters but they say since the purchase was made online they cant be of much help.

I will strongly recommend not to buy anything from dicksportinggoods.com