Dick's Sporting Goods/ Fusion 124 Kayak By Future Beach — bad product, worse service
This "Fusion" kayak is made for fresh water and ocean kayaking, The problem is that it has a design flaw that is especially dangerous if you take on any water. The water goes down two channels (that serve no purpose other than to kill you) that lead into the stern, immediately making the boat stern heavy. If you don't notice that the boat is sluggish because you are inexperienced - like my son - you will get into trouble if you are away from shore. As the stern gets lower, the kayak will fill with water and swamp. Even if you can make it to shore with the kayak, it takes three people to turn the boat over to get the water out. When the problem was discovered the first time we put it in the ocean, we were past Dick's 60 day return policy. The store turned us down so we called corporate customer service and were completely stonewalled. I explained to them that they were among the stupidest people I ever spoke to and hung up. I'm not done with this matter.
So, we have a kayak that has a design flaw that could kill someone and Dick's doesn't care. What they should do is notify all purchasers of that model's design flaw and take the boat back. On a ranking of good retail customer service, you have LL Bean, legendary for it's good service and return policy, on one top and Dick's on the other end.
More Dick's Sporting Goods/ Fusion 124 Kayak By Future Beach Complaints & Reviews
- Dick's Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Lodge) - very disorganized hr and training processes 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - don't buy the no sweat protection plan - poor service
- Dicks Sporting Goods - customer service needs inprovement 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - very poor attitude by store clerk 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - bad service 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - corporate headquarters 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - don't shop there 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - tm rescue club-would not exchange