Complaints & Reviews

I am so disgusted with dick sporting goods that I will no longer shop there

I am so disgusted with dick sporting goods that I will no longer shop there and will be taken my business to bass pro shop or any other sporting goods store. I was at my local dick sporting goods at myrtle beach this week and what I saw was appalling. To no fault of the emplyees that were working but to the fault of there coporate office. I was trying to exchange shoes this weekend and the poor girl that was working had about 20 people standing line waiting for her help. The girl was nice enough to take a minute to let me know that she would be with me shortly. When she did get to me, ask her if there was any one that was there to help her. She simply responded with a smile and ran to grab the shoes that I needed. As I started to walk; I over heard the manger tell her that her co-working was told to come in later than what he was scheduled.

After I finished returning my shoes I walked to over to the clothing area where I attempted to find some help. After walking around for 30 minutes and not finding anyone. I walked to the lodge area, where again that employee had about 15 people waiting for his help. When he finally got to, he apologized for the wait and in formed that no was schedule to working in the clothing area because corporate has cut there hours. As a loyal customer I would like to know why there is not enough staff in that store to meet the needs of your customers. Also will someone in the corporate office please email back when you stop cutting there hours so I can return to dick sporting goods?

• My
    mytwocentsforyou Aug 18, 2010

Again, this is a typical problem at Dick's. They schedule very liberally one week, only to cut everyone back several days the following week. They need to find a happy medium and stick with it. From a cashier standpoint, it is definitely upsetting to hear customer's complain about not being able to find anyone to help them find something they need.. personally this bothers me because I would love to help them find what they need, but I unfortunately am unable to ever leave the cashier area, rendering me helpless.

Helpful_Soul Aug 31, 2010

Dontano,

As a employee as well as 'mytwocentsforyou' I feel the same way, When I started working for the company in 2007 I was a apparel processor which I was stuck in the back of the building for 6-8 hours a day watching the other employees scrambling to help the customers. So I took it upon myself to learn the departments. Soon I was a apparel supervisor and being on my own on the floor assisting many customers at once is very tough and I did my best. Then it came to the point where I was operating the other departments while they was on breaks which caused the apparel department to fall behind cause I was stuck in a different department until I was relieved. It's very tough on us as employees cause we are the faces of the company and we try our hardest to appease our guests but with the lack of hours and help its very hard. I went from 40 hours a week to 22 hours a week with working every department when needed. I surely do hope that corporate does provide more hours for employees cause its not only hurting the employees but its hurting the customers outlook. I have since then transferred to the website and back to my 40 hour week and it feels great to be able to assist customer in a quick prompt manner for I am on the phone instead of running across the store like a chicken with my head cut off but I feel the stores would surely benifet with more scheduled hours so guests like yourself can walk into our store and recieve prompt customer service.

This 10$ coupon is a joke

48 hours to get my survey done for the $10 coupon. Have really tried to find it and just sick of the mess. What a joke. All kinds of sites saying they are Dick's survey, but thats a joke too.

Cruprule,

I am a employee at Dick's Sporting Goods and I am sorry you were having troubles locating the survey from your reciept. I really hope I can be of assistance. From my experience from logging in complaints and concerns for the online survey I have noticed that 85% of the customers are searching it through google, bing, yahoo, and many other search engines and unfortunatly it cannot be found in that manner. The other 15% try to locate it within the website which the survey is not located on the site due to the fact the survey service is provided to us by Maritz Research Inc. a private survey organization that Dick's Sporting Goods uses. So here are some helpful tips for you I have used this to help every customer that calls in with the issue and its worked everytime.
    then press your enter key and it should take you there.

If that does not work I have also attached a picture as well as visual guidence for you as well and anyone else that views this page. If then your still have issues locating the survey PLEASE feel free to call our 24 hours customer service at 1.877.846.9997 and a live agent would be more than happy to assist you in the issue.

I hope you future experiences with us are more pleasant then what you ran into with the survey.

your customer service was less than helpful with my problem and actual a little on the rude side

I purchased what I thought was a Remington 12 guage pump on 12/15/09 at the Pineville, NC store. (this is what I asked the clerk for) As I had a car load of out of town friends waiting for me in my cars I did not take the time to recheck my purchase then and only found out days later, and the first time I did check that this was in fact not a Remington but a Pardner/Pro 12 guage. Although I don;t feel I was over charged, but still they were many sales, rebated, etc. going on that would make the price of the gun I actually wanted about the same. Your customer service was less than helpful with my problem and actual a little on the rude side. So I guess return will be my only options.

next purchase 10off next purchaseof50.00dollars

dicks sporting goods store made two seperate purchases have two receipt both register have on them get$10 off your next purchaseof $50 what a scam not the first time to be taken by dicks79d8b

I was shocked at the attitude of the store department head

After seeing an ad for a free 15" monitor with the purchase of a treadmill of $999.00 or greater on Friday the 27th of November I mitakenly did not notice the promo was from 5:00am -2:00pm just that it was on the 27th. After working all day at my job I visited my local Dick's to purchase a Sole F63 treadmill only to be turned down because I was a few hours late to recieve the promo INVU tv monitor. I was shocked at the attitude of the store department head. I want to buy this treadmill but I can order it through the net or buy it from Sears at the same price, however with the adverised free monitor Dicks was going to get my business. I also wanted to buy several accessories to go along with the Sole, such as a mat, extended warranty and set up. Can anyone help I am ready to purchase.

they certainly live up to their name - dicks

I will never shop at Dicks Sporting Goods again! They are a male dominated company that discrimates against the female employees. If you don't beleive it, find out how many female mamagers they have.Ladies, there are better places to shop and places that respect females.Dicks is not one of them!! One of the managers was overheard telling other employees that he didn't like females.They certainly live up to their name - DICKS.

this is a rip off trying to waste time looking for a survey and non exists

This is a rip off trying to waste time looking for a survey and non exists. How do you get the $10 offf coupon when the web site can not be activated. Maybe you will give me one at the store.

Jamagma,

waste of time and misleading of the $10.00 coupon deal

Where is this darn survey? I had excellent service in the knoxville store on saturday and wanted to complete a survey because of the great help I received from "kate"... (Which, according to the receipt had to be filled out within 48 hrs) but I have been on the website for 20 mins looking for it and wanting to print my $10.00 coupon... Such a waste of time - I tried on saturday when I had a few minutes and now again today... Would corporate pls e-mail me the link or I will go in the store again and complain because of this waste of time and midleading of thie $10.00 coupon deal...

Axell265,

then press your enter key and it should take you there.

large company that wants to scam me for no reason

I also recieved the same note on my receipt and wasted my time looking for the website that does not exist. Very frustrating, makes me not want to do business with a large company that wants to scam me for no reason.

Albert367,

awful business practices

I too made a purchase and was told to fill out an online survey to receive a $10 off coupon for a future. I followed the directions on my receipt to the tee and got a bunch of websites - none of which connected me the store where I could complete the survey and receive my $10 off coupon. Poor design. I do shop at Dick's stores but have often come home with mismatched clothing. So, I only go there as a last resort.

• En
    Enkurs Apr 28, 2010

This is not right!!! i purchased about $200 yesterday at dick's in memphis at the cordova location. i was told to go on line to respond within a certain amount of time to complete a survey and would instantly receive a $10 coupon. i first went on line last night 11/2/09 and could not find the site to do so. and i have just tried again this morning 11/3/09 to complete a survey ??? you should not be telling people to do this when there is not a site to complete !!! I WANT MY COUPON AS WELL !!! i had 4 different coupons so i should be entitled to $40 in coupons !!! WRONG TO DO THIS!!!

Birmage,

then press your enter key and it should take you there.

very poor attitude by store clerk

My dad likes DSG, I have to disagree. Everytime I have been in there I have been disappointed. Now I am tryin to complete their survey and can't get to their feedback site no matter what I do.

Store clerk today said we can't carry everything in the store that we have on line. Well, what do you do for those people without computers that are lookin for products in the store. Poor attitude - he was too busy chewing his tobacco.

• Ms
    msh1132 Apr 13, 2010

Ask to do a AOS (Associate Online Order), where the store orders the item from the distribution website. The customer still has to pay for shipping and handling and you must pay with either a major credit card or gift card.

SURVEY!
    dickssportinggoods.com/feedback

Chino999 Sep 18, 2010

Dont be dumb, if you cant find an item in store they will find the item via AOS (Associate Ordering System) they can also apply free shipping to all orders... With that in mind DSG has everything available regardless of the season.

Rookie.

nothing, but problems

I too was looking to complete the customer survey but cannot find it. Must be like the Rewards Points, very secretive. I'd like my $10.00 off also and I'd like to know how many Rewards points I have. I don't have tis problem at BASS PRO SHOPS!!!

Dumb Customers Jul 30, 2010

If you want to know how many points you have go to mydickssportinggoods.com. If you want the survey you have to purchase something, have your receipt, and go to dickssportinggoods.com/feedback.

What a ridiculous scam

Like many others I can see from this web site, their is no survey to take in order to recieve our 10.00 off our next purchase. What a scam!

it's very upsetting to pay so much for something that doesn't work period

I purchased a floor model Rod Hockey table from Dick's which they gave me a 10% discount on. What they didn't tell me is all the parts weren't there. After calling them and asking them if I could come back to pick up the manual, adapter and pucks. Of course the response after checking was they didn't have them. They told me to call Sportscraft that they would send me all the parts. So, I did just that they sent the adapter but the pucks were on backorder for 4 months. I finally got them and we were all excited to use the table but it didn't turn on and score board didn't work so they sent me a new one. Still didn't work. We found that a little black box underneath that wires were disconnected and told them but they didn't have a replacement part for that but would check how to reconnect them. NEVER heard back from them and of course the year warranty ran out and that's probably why. So, we have this table and never got to use it and spent $300+ for it. WRONG! It was a gift for our son to boot. The only reason we bought the floor model is no one had any in stock and it was a Christmas gift. If anyone has any ideas please contact me @ [protected]@comcast.net. It's very upsetting to pay so much for something that doesn't work period. The store was in Reading, Pa.

• Th
    Thisi Jun 09, 2010

I received with my order today the message that I could get a $10 certificate for completing a survey on customer satisfaction. I am a very satisfied customer, but the web address given on my sales slip does not take me to any site to do the survey to get the $10 off my next purchase. Please tell me how to find it.

• Ti
    Tired_of_Stupid Jun 09, 2010

What's the web address on your sales slip?

• Th
    TheBigQuig Nov 09, 2010

I don't know if all ***'s Sporting Goods stores are the same but the one in Smithfield, RI has to have the worst salespeople in the world. My wife and I just visited the store ( it was a ghost town!)... After 15 minutes of looking for assistance we went to the "service" desk.

The young lady tried to get a response on her walkie talkie from a floor salesperson without a lot of success. She said she'd send someone to the department (we were looking for snowboarding equipment for a grandson.

After 3 trips to the service counter finally the most inattentive salesperson came over.. we asked for size 2...he handed us a box and basically left... at the checkout the attendant said this is size 5...not 2.. we left without a purchase... not to return... now we know why the store was a ghost-town... you get what you deserve.

both associates treated me with disrespect

I purchased some golf equipment and asked about shoes. The sales associate assisted me reluctantly. I needed an extra wide width. The associate tried to force my foot into a medium. When I said it was much too tight, he replied that the shoe would stretch. I disagreed, having gone that route before and the shoes blew out in a short time. When I asked if the shoes could be special-ordered, he said yes. As he was writing up the order, another associate became involved. That one stated that the shoes would be full price, $129.99, versus $99.99. So I said I felt I was being penalized for having a wide foot. The associate said discounted prices did not apply to special order.

Ironically, I had been in the store several days earlier and asked about ordering shoes. That associate assured me that the sale price applied. On top of this, I felt both associates treated me with disrespect. There was no 'I'm sorry, the sales price can't be applied to special orders' just a flat out 'no sales price'. A little common courtesy goes a long way in retail sales. I do not feel I got that at all.

customer service needs inprovement

I went on a Sunday with my kids to get baseball cleats, baseball pants and batting gloves for my son. I also...

no phone call plus, missing paper work, and the attitude of the clerk, i'm finished with dicks

I decided to purchase a shotgun at dicks. I filled out the paper work for a background check. I shouldn't have had to do that to start with because I have a carry permit but the salesman said it was store policy. He came back and said the computer system was down and that it would take a couple days and he or someone from the store would call me when the background check was approved. I waited Two weeks then gave up. during this time I purchased another gun at a local gun store in my town. ( it took 5 minutes and no background check, since I have a carry permit). I waited another week and went to Dicks today. I asked the clerk to check on the status of my paper work. He said he couldn't find it and that it probably had been shredded. This Kid was the worse sales clerk I had seen in a long time, terrible attitude and acted like he would rather be somewhere riding a skate board than working a real job. (very immature and unprofessional) I thanked him for keeping me informed on the status of the background check. And informed him that they just lost a customer. I purchase a gun last year at walmart, before I had my carry permit. it took a total of about 15 minutes for my background check and purchase all total. Apparently Dicks doesn't care about selling guns at all. If they did, they would not require the background check for people who have already been through one. Not too mention the fact that they couldn't pick up a phone and keep me informed about the progress of the background check. Dicks could have made an easy sale, even after waiting a week I was still will to make the purchase. but after three weeks and no phone call plus missing paper work, and the attitude of the clerk, I'm finished with Dicks. I have friends who have had similar experiences at this same store In Cumming Ga. Glad I'm not an investor in this company!

• Ba
    BadCoding Jul 21, 2010

Regardless of permits, you still have to complete the paper work. This is a federal law through the NICS which all retail sales must be completed. Some states have stricter but this is the minimum. They have up to 3 days to complete the approval or denial which the store can then legally sell you the firearm. So the store that sold it to you without paper work 1. either sold a used gun where no paper work is required or 2. broke the law.

The customer service part I will back you up on. They had up to 3 days and after that there should have been no issues. So you should have received a phone call at most 3 days later.

for a link to NICS check out http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics.htm

one of the worst places to shop in the world

ONE of the worst places to shop in the world. The "kids" know next to nothing, except where to point and the management seem even younger and less educated than the workers. Did they go to the local grade school for recruiting? I will NEVER shop at this so called joke of a store. Hint: try hiring people older than 18 next time to run your business, or at least someone who is mentally ready.

• Dick's Sporting Goods is a terrible company to work for. The stores are unorganized and they lie about the cash cards.

Dumb Customers Jul 30, 2010

Hint: You have to be 18 to work at the store.
    Another hint: Most of the "kids" are college students trying to pay for school so they don't have to help ignorant [censor] such as yourself for the rest of their lives.

• Yo
    Youcannotbeserious Jan 27, 2011

Hmmm were you mentally ready when you wrote that comment sir? First of all you have to be 18 to work there as the above comment stated and also how could the managers be younger than that? I resent the general public that thinks that retail management is for stupid people that didn't go to school. I have a retail career and I went to college and due to the economy took a higher retail position. This does not make me a stupid person or not "mentally ready" what does that exactly mean? It certainly does take a lot of quick and sharp decision making to supervise a large staff of associates and well as the safety and well being of all customers that shop in the store. It is a lot of unpaid extra hours to make things look appealing to the consumers as well. How do we get thanked for these hours of actual hands on labor? We get called stupid, uneducated, misleading, and rude. Next time you want to make a comment about young people trying to make a decent living whether it be while attending school or as their life long career you stop and think about how you would feel if someone came into your place of employment and had no idea what you went through and went off on you.

• Sk
    Skyfox Jul 13, 2011

This store is very unprofessional, hope they retool there so called standards of employment on who should be hired, between me and some people this store looks for specific type of people that fit the model of what the store wants to represent. When possibly people who have the knowledge and possibly more hard working are not given a chance.

avoid them

I was in your Burnsville, Mn. store on 2/12/09 and made a purchase. The cashier highlighted on my receipt I can go to dickssportinggoods.com/feedback and redeem a $10 off your next purchase of $50, I am unable to find that site, second back some weeks ago Mr. David Terry in the Burnsville, Mn. store told me to put in a application for employment because of my golf background. I wasnt sure if my application went thru ok so was instructed to talk to Shelia Steel in the Burnsville store she mentioned some problems with your computer system. A week or so went by I called her again she said to talk to a gentleman with first name of Phil store mgr I think not sure he was to call me back never heard from this Phil.

terrible company

I purchased an ellipitical from Dick's in Aug. 2008 and I bought a 'no sweat warranty' also. The machine broke down in November, a few days after the 90-day return policy expired. It's now Febryuary and my ellipitical still hasn't been repaired. Dick's and their warranty company are extremely incompetent. Their service technician was unprofessional and they have shown no urgency or displayed any type of regret for failing to service my machine. I would never buy from Dick's anything that can break down.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices