Diamonds Internationalcrown of light rip off in cozumel

M Sep 22, 2019

I too am an unhappy customer of theirs. They were suppose to hold my COL necklace locked in their store case while we were gone for a few hours. When we got back, the necklace was no where to be found and the sales person had left for the day. The current manager had to "track down" my necklace by phone and said that the shopping CoOrdinator for the Royal Carribean cruise lines had it while out shopping. At that point I was furious! I told that manager about 10 times within an hour that I didnt want it anymore, he refused me and after an hour of arguing with him, some guy walked in the store with a necklace in a bag. I have no idea if thats even the same necklace that I purchased! He then shuffeled me out of the store into a car back to the cruise line. I figured it would be easier to return after I got home, WRONG!!! Melanie from DI customer service department has been no help at all! I even told her to watch the security tape at the store where they could see that I tried lots of times to say no! You would think they have security video there, right? This was Early March & I am still fighting with them & the bank we financed it with. Please, if anyone out their has any suggestions for me how to resolve this asap with them since we financed it through their bank please contact me!!! I dont want them to screw my credit up over this! Desperate...

• Updated by madiera007 · Sep 25, 2019

Today I went to one of D.I.'s "approved" Crown of Lights appraisers to have him look at my necklace. He looked at it very carefully under a microscope with different fiber optic and normal lights. The scratch that I thought I saw on the table with my loop, is actually a "fracture filling". Their store sold me a defective diamond and did not even disclose it to us! In the U.S.A. it is a law according to the appraiser that all compromised diamonds have to be disclosed to the consumer. The appraiser also told me that he could not appraise this pendant because on his list from D.I. there is nothing that says how to appraise a diamond the has been fracture filled! The more I find out about this company and the games they play with people the angrier I get. Now more then ever, I want this necklace returned immediately. I will be going on the internet to share this information with anyone that has purchased jewelry from them or intending to purchase while on a cruise. I already have notified Comenity Bank what is going on in their stores and how I am disputing this charge. Now I am putting the pieces together what probably happened in those 3 hours while my pendant left your store! I will not drop this till they take back this necklace. The appraiser told me that no matter how terrible the COL diamond is, because they have the patent on it, they tell the appraiser what it is worth. Also, he cant appraise it because a fracture filled diamond is not on their list to be appraised! What a scam! Why are we going to get appraised at all if the value is fixed by D.I. ? We seriously need to get a class action suit against this company.