Cash4Gold Holdings Logo

Cash4Gold Holdings

Having problems with Cash4Gold Holdings?

8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Ste 500
Postal Address
P.O. Box 268090, Weston, FL 33326

Complaints & Reviews

want my package back!!!

On or about mid-march of 2017, I entrusted my gold, silver n diamond ring to cash4gold for a reasonable amt cash offer. As I had used this service once before, years ago, had been satisfied with the results (Cash). After no response by april 14, I inquired of the company as to why. The agent I spoke with tells me after her "researching" tells me that my check had been "cut" n was ready to mail out to me. I inquired as to the amt of the check which she stated $11.00. I responded, "no, no, no"!!! Just send my pkg back. She said she would pull the pkg but I would still need to wait 7-10 days to c if the check arrives to me so I could send it back n they then would mail out my pkg to me. I waited until may 24, called company back, spoke to theresa n she tells me my pkg had been pulled n was on its way to give it 7-10 days. No pkg had arrived by june 9, when I called cash4gold back, spoke to theresa once again,. Says she will talk to "supervisor" n will try getting a tracking number. Over the weekend n after much thought n reading reviews, it seems to me that I am being scammed!!! And it makes me sick to my stomach as I had trusted this company. Knowing I have on numerous occasions borrowed cash on my diamond ring of $100. N they have the gaul to offer me $11.!!! Well, I will stop at nothing to seek revenge n not limited to contact tv sponsors n whomever! Even calling today n talking with lisa​, which she seemed annoyed that I had called a few days prior, letting her know of my gut feelings. Guess i'm just [censor] out of luck. Beware!!!

never recived money or jewely back

i sent gold jewelry to cash4gold in pompano beach Florida, i spoke to a lady and she said the at they...

[Resolved] don't use them

I sent jewelry including a 14k bracelet my grandmother had brought me from Spain. It alone was over 1 0z a...

their assessment of content golf

I sent them 2 packages full of gold. One of its contents was a 14K solid gold pair of XO earings that I paid 150 or more than 10 years ago Also sent 2 Mosonic rings that were 14K as well Remaining contents were full of cufflinks, stick pins, tie holders, from my newly deceased husband.
their were 14K carot loopearings, ankle braclet etc
Got a check for 149 and a 25.00 dollar gift certicate from Restuant.com that would take 2-3 hour drive from where I live. it would take that in gas alone
What a scam.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CO. TO ANYONE, IT'S A SHAME YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYONE THESE DAYS

scam alert: beware the golden fleece

The TV commercials promise quick money for your unwanted jewelry—a tempting offer, what with the rising price of gold in recent years. But mounting allegations of pitiful payments, ignored return guarantees and other deceptive and unfair practices mean that your attempts to sell those old necklaces and rings could subject you to a golden fleece.

Many mail-in gold companies are legitimate, with some earning “A” ratings from the Better Business Bureau. However, officials charge that it’s not always the case with industry leader Cash4Gold, which has generated more than 300 complaints to the BBB in the past three years and has resolved most of them.

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum recently launched an investigation into Cash4Gold after receiving at least 72 complaints from customers about the Pompano Beach-based company. A few weeks earlier, Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., called for the Federal Trade Commission to look into practices by Cash4Gold and other companies, and said he intended to introduce legislation to regulate mail-in gold buyers that use the U.S. mail. And in October 2009, a class action lawsuit was filed against Cash4Gold and its parent company, Green Bullion Financial Services.

McCollum, Weiner and past customers level two main allegations against Cash4Gold:

(1) They say the company pays only a fraction of the true value of customers’ gold, issuing checks as low as seven cents for individual items. An investigation by Consumer Reports found that Cash4Gold and similar companies paid only 11 to 29 percent of the day’s market value for jewelry it submitted. By comparison, pawnshops and other venues paid up to 70 percent of value for the same merchandise.

(2) Some customers say that when they are dissatisfied with Cash4Gold’s payment and try to get their merchandise returned, they are told it already had been melted down—even when they have contacted the company within its 12-day window for returns. Others allege that when they send back the check for their gold’s return, they receive nothing in return—or sometimes, an empty envelope.

In the past two years, the U.S. Postal Service has received numerous complaints about items lost in the mail going to or from Cash4Gold. A spokesman for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service tells Scam Alert that his agency has found that in the overwhelming majority of those cases, incoming mail with jewelry was properly delivered to Cash4Gold, but raises the possibility of “delay tactics on the company’s part” in replying.

Richard Santamaria of the Office of the Inspector General for the USPS in Miami, who has also investigated these cases, says the missing mail represents less than 1 percent of Cash4Gold’s total mail volume.

Cash4Gold CEO Jeff Aronson insists that his company is not a “scam business” and that dissatisfied customers often “have unrealistic expectations of what that material is really worth.”

scam

IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told...

rip-off

I sent off close to 20 grams of gold to Cash4Gold and recieved a check for $40. I was not satisfied so I decided to send the check back and get my gold. I had to ship the check to Europe and they only gave me three days to return the check so I had to pay $20 for overnight shipping to ensure they recieved the check on time. They call me back with a counter offer of $55. I said no thanks, just give me back my gold. Fortunately I did get my gold back and I took it to National Pawn where they paid me $375 for the same gold. I would never reccomend Cash4Gold to anyone. I really feel like they were trying to scam me if I had not stayed on top of things. Go to their website and try to contact them, it is not easy.

rip-off

I saw their commercial and sent my 24ct gold chain. It is now October 1 2010. I had sent my item in their postage packet in in may and as todays date they still cannot find my item.

They told me to fiule an insurance claim with their insurance carrier but that is only if the item is lost in the mail but this company after speaking with the post office in florida picks up these packets-melts them down and forgets about theie customers.

This company is a rip-off and they should choke on my chain. Never ever use them...

c. madigan new york

• Tw
    T Watson Oct 01, 2010

yes the are shisters!!

did not return my jewelry and did not get paid...

Last year I decided to be stupid enough to trust the company and mailed my jewelry to this company. I never got paid and claimed my jewelry back and they said that I needed to return my check in order for them to return my items. How am i going to return something I never got. I am sure they know I didn't get paid but they just like to make easy money. I am not rich but they can keep them and put them up you know were. The US Government stick their noses everywhere they should do the same with this companies.

• Vl
    Vladimir Estragon Jun 16, 2010

You will never get your money or gold they are all scams

• Am
    AmericaHasIssues Jun 16, 2010

Sorry to hear that. Read up about these "legitimate" businesses in Consumer Reports (of all places). People by the thousands have complained about these flyby night scammers. One important red flag anyone is being warned about now is: Don't mail any gold!!!

Hope it gets worked out.

They have not sent my money for my gold I sent to them

I sent my old gold rings, white gold rings, and earrings to cash 4 gold and it has not been 5 weeks since I have sent them. They say once they get my package with in 24 hours I will get my check for them. That is not true. I have not gotten any money from them. They said one time that it was my post office fauth for me to check there. I did and it was not there. They say that they insure my gold if it gets lost but not true. I put in this package my mothers gold band that was her husband and that is gone too. I hope that someone can do something about this.

Mary Nixon

• Mr
    MrTimati Aug 07, 2010

Are you people that stupid to send your gold to someone you dont even know?
    What did you expect???

MaryKatherine Aug 08, 2010

Well, Mr.Timati, we are not stupid. Maybe the one who is stupid is you for making that comment... Now, what did you expect.???

• Ot
    Otsego Jul 05, 2011

MrTimati is right. I see these commercials and the first thing I think is scam. You have to be absolutely brain dead to send valuable items through the USPS to complete strangers. There are PAWN shops that buy gold and silver and you can get good money, plus, if you don't like the offer you can leave and you still have the valuables.

scam

What a scam this is.. I'm sure with current prices they already made millions... A day after sending in my...

Stole my gold

I was scammed too! They claim they've never received my gold and its been 30 days. I wrote down their tracking number like instructed but they say its never made it to them...funny how that works you are at their mercy. I wish I would have read this website before sending, as there are alot of us out here whose packages were "never received" yet they make it sound so easy and simple and a no worry process. Unfortunatley if it hadnt been for this financial crisis I am in (like most people) I wouldnt have ever thought twice about selling my jewelery. Do not trust this company!

• Mi
    Missreina Oct 27, 2009

Hi, my names Reina. I sent alot of jewelry to cash 4 gold and they ripped me off. I kept calling them with my track number and they kept telling me they havent got it yet. I sent it to them about the first of the month and one representative told me to call back on the 28th to see if they "recieved it yet". Found out that they did recieve it they recieve everyones its just a big burn they know exactly what to tell you on the fone. They told me to call them back in 90 days haahaha can u belive that. Then a week later they sent another bag...wanting me to put more gold in!!! rip offs!! thats y they are soo rich cause they take ppls gold!

• Co
    confussed Dec 12, 2009

if it sounds to good to be true the it proably is!!! why are you people falling for such scams?? Iam sure there are jewerly stores or pawn shops in your home town that will take your gold and receive money instance!!! that is your fault and these people should be brought to justice buts it people like you that they feed off and in order to stop them stop sending them your favaortite and expensive items go to your local pawn shop insteadneed cash go tpensive items!! hard lesson to learn sorry!!!

• Te
    Teddy22 Feb 28, 2010

I agree that Cash4Gold.com is a scam, I cam across a very helpful website called Top10cashforgold.com and that told me everything that i needed to know about every online gold company out there. If you are looking to sell your gold and you want to know the truth about the company please visit, Top10cashforgold.com. I hope this website finds you well. I sure thought it was useful.

Teddy
    Miami Florida

Sasa C May 10, 2010

Unfortunately I have been scamed too...i sent them my package and wrote the tracking number down like they told me to for tracking...after a week they still didnt have my package...at least thats what the online system said..so I called customer service and they said call back after a few days...i did and still no package and they told me well we cant control the postal service...and now a month later still NOTHING...I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

• Je
    Jenny24 Jun 18, 2010

My jewelery was also some how how not received and then they tried to get me to sign a paper for a $100.00 compinsation, but they promised that they would be continuing the investigation on where my package is.DO NOT SIGN THE FORM!I didn't because it says right on it that it's a settlement and it will close the investigation.Well i plan to do some investigating on my own, it will involve some work, but i recommend others do the same and stop letting these company's get away with this ###!

4oldgold.com Jun 26, 2010

There are other companies out there that post how much they will pay for your gold and also pay 3x more.

www.4oldgold.com

They gave me 550.00 for my old jewelry I got the same quote from cash for gold and it was 95.00...

• Da
    David S.C. Sep 24, 2010

If Cash4Gold is such a big scam... why are they allowed to continue to run their commercials on TV?? I would NEVER even THINK of sending valuable jewels through the mail without insuring it first, let alone HOPE that I would get money for it. Wake up people!! This world is full of con artists!!! I hope everyone victimized by this company can get their gold or money, good luck.

value of gold sent in

I probably when was in the first boat that sailed when I heard about Cash4Gold. I was a little optimistic about sending in my jewlery, but I did. I sent in mostly 10k things but it was well worth over 400 bucks in weight. One of my necklaces was at least 700 dollars when I purchased it but I thought I would get at least 100-150 bucks at least but I didnt. They said a customer gets 12 days to give them the thumbs up to sell those items before they melt it down, thats the biggest lie ever! I recieved a check in the mail for 34 dollars and some odd change never once did I get the decision to say yes or no! I know I was ripped off badly!
This Company lied! I just found out about the class action lawsuit and I am trying to join in! Melissa Seabrook-Denmark, 684 Eagle Street Mt Pleasant SC [protected]

cash4gold scam

Hello, i was checking out all of the complaints on this site about cash4gold. I send them jewerly back on January 14th, 2010. After waiting for 3 weeks they finally told me that my envelope never arrived to their location. They send me an insurance claim form that will pay me $100. for my package. I know that the gold i send them was worth more. They are nothing but liars that try to take advantage of the american people on this times of need. I just got done filing a complaint with BBB. Everyone else should do the same. Dont let them get away with it.

• Le
    Leammozart Mar 30, 2010

I heard these guys were scam artists, but I can't believe what I'm reading on here!

Sanger Gold Mar 27, 2012

Yea, we have heard these reviews before, its always better to deal with reputable companies. Optimally independent companies in which you can speak directly to the owner. You lose negotiating power when you send your valuables off to a faceless corporation. Our family owns Sanger Gold and Silver and we pride ourselves not on making profits but on helping people. Things are bleak in the economy and we want to help our neighbors by offering our buying and selling services. We do pay scrap prices, or perhaps we can sell it on consignment. Help us help you... http://www.sangergold.com

marie jones Mar 21, 2015

I sent them two chains a broken ring that had 25 diamonds, 18 caret gold it was my wedding ring, I did not need it anymore, I sent them my jewelry dec 2014, they are a scam their business is shut down dam they played me plus this tracking number don't work.

Scammers

This company has been taliing me that they have not received my gold. I have been patient but they are getting to me. They want me to make a clain for $100. I said no I want my gold back. What should I do?

• Te
    Teddy22 Feb 28, 2010

Teddy
    Miami Florida

• Mr
    MrTimati Aug 07, 2010

It is all your fault. How naive are you to trust that they'll pay you back??

rip offs

I hate cash 4 gold they are rippppp offss. i sent 2, 000 dollars worth of jewelry and they said they never recieved my package. frst they said it would take 7-10 weeks to recieve it and than they told me after 2 months that i called back that it was only 7-10 buisness day. now they said there insurance only pay 100.00 dollars yeah right i know they probably took my gold and melted it. i am never doing this again i learned my lesson to all them cash gold places. Poelpe please dont lsiten to this places they are rip offs bad!!!

• Na
    Nataly84 Jan 07, 2010

is there anything we can do?

no money or response

After watching the commercials for Cash4gold and reading the testimonies of so many satisfied customers I sent over 5oz of 14k- 24k gold to them some with diamonds and other stones on December 7, 2009. My husband and I were straped for cash and with Christmas just weeks away we trusted Cash4gold to come through for us!! Today is January 1, 2010 and Cash4gold is firm in thier position that they have NOT received my package yet. Had I known of this site before I sent my gold away...Lets just say Cash4gold would have not been on the receiving end of my belongings!! They are SCAMMERS!!

• Sp
    SpaceAce Jan 01, 2010

I don't understand why you people just don't go to a jewelry store or pawn shop to sell your stuff. To me ...this makes about as much sense as sending cash through the mail...don't do it...

cash for gold stole my gold

dont send anything to cash 4 gold!they will steal from you.their comercials are misleading and they are...

class action law suit filed against cash4gold

My name is Sarah Goodman, and I am a legal analyst with Balestriere Lanza PLLC. We have filed a class action lawsuit against Cash4Gold and are interested in talking to people who have been scammed by them. Please contact me at [protected]@balestriere.net. Our firm is very interested in hearing your stories about Cash4Gold. If you would like more information on the firm, please go to our website at www.balestriere.net

Sarah Goodman,
Legal Analyst
Balestriere Lanza PLLC

Stolen Jewelry

I mailed in approximately $1500 worth of jewelry and they are claiming they never received it, not has it been returned back to me. I have sent them four e-mails and they won't respond. Basically, they have stolen my jewelry. They are a scam - don't fall for their phony ads. I am also lodging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Ru
    RustyTinCan Aug 28, 2009

Anybody who would put their valuable items in an envelope and mail them (of course you would have them insured) to who-knows-who-at who-knows-where is, well, not very intelligent.

How do you know how much the item(s) are worth?????
    Do NOT use an appraisal - it is possibly 100% inflated for insurance recovery purposes.
    Do not use what you paid for an item - you may have been sucker-punched in the beginning.

Do have the item(s) documented:
    Photographs
    Offers (NOT APPRAISALS) from a FACE TO FACE seller of the items.
    For Gold or Silver (or other precious metals or stones) get the Actual or estimated weight.

In most towns (and almost all cities) you can take your "Stuff" to three or more potential buyers and get as much as you would through a "MAIL ORDER" buyer.

Mad123 Aug 28, 2009

I get so tired of self righteous people on this site, who slam and put down victims of scams!! duh.. the purpose of Cash4 Gold is to put your money in an envelope and send it..2) a face to face seller can also inflate the price of the jewlrey. 3) I have taken jewelry to potential buyers and what ur saying is false, they also try to rip you off. Often offering to pay 40% less than what the jewelry is worth.

Lesson Ive learned with jewelry is more often than not their are a lot of crooks who will steal from you. I keep jewelry and pass it down to relatives, or keep as a keepsake.

I thought this site was to lodge a complaint and concern not to be bashed by know it alls who enjoy putting people down, because in their twisted mind it makes them feel superior

• Al
    alexy Dec 17, 2009

you gotta be really i mean REALLY clever to send gold through the post...
    you idiot

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices