Devry Universityrip off / does not care one bit about your education

This school is such a rip off. They couldn't care less about your education. I was told my success coach to take Math 092. I disagreed and even argued with her that I should not be in this class because I had not completed Math 032. She told me that it was fine to move ahead. Well, beginning of week 5 ( you know you have to drop a class by week 4 to avoid having to pay for it), I was told that I should have never been put in this class. Considering that I already had to pay for the class, they really didn't care that theres no way that I could start in week 5 and actually complete it. I was told by my instructor that even if I didn't pass, I could use the knowlegde for everyday. Excuse me, but I paid you guys almost $5000.00 for this class, I don't need the class for "everyday" use, I need it to graduate. Just goes to show you how money hungry this school is. Needless to say, I am TRANSFERRING and NEVER will I EVER recommend this school to anyone!!!

• Co
    Coke1226 Sep 30, 2011

This is not really true. I am a student at DeVry Unversity and you actually need to drop a class by Week 1 in order to receive a full refund of tuition. I'm not sure where this week 4 drop deadline came from. You probably should read your student handbook. It actually has the amount of money that you will receive back based on the week that you withdraw. Anything after week 1 is considered a withdraw and has financial implications. In addition, saying one class costs 5, 000 dollars is totally false. For four credit hours, the cost of tuition from this year would be a little over 2300 dollars. So, I can see you are not that great at math. I can understand your disappointment in the school, but please actually present real facts. This account above is an exaggeration.

Angry at Devry Aug 12, 2012

I would like to look into a class-action lawsuit against devry and their unethical, deceptive financial practices. My son was a minor when he first went to devry (I refuse to capitalize their name) and it has been a financial nightmare. We (both my son and I) have been trying to get from them a financial accounting of his time there SINCE 2008 and we are continually being ignored. There must be a way to STOP THESE PRACTICES or at least make them VERY PUBLIC. If anyone is serious or would like to participate in a class action lawsuit to recover funds from this school, please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com