Delta Airlinesrefund issue

I purchased a ticket for a trip for April 2008. Due to a family emergency I needed to cancel the flight. The ticket agent (name Sherri) assured me that she would waive the cancellation fee due the nature of the cancelation. When I went to use the eticket I was told I would need to pay a $75 fee even though I was told I would not have to pay it. When I asked to speak to a customer service rep I was told "there is no way in hell you aren't going to pay the fee" His name is James Thomas and he is in Tampa. I was told the cancellation fee would be waived on April 15, 2008. I would like Delta to honor this verbal agreement.

• Om
    Omar2009 Jul 07, 2009

I strongly agree, I was deployed in War zone and it's hard to plan for trips while in Iraq so I purshased two tickets from Delta and I wanted to cancelled the first one and change the second one while requesting for refund because I have military orders but Delta keep ignoring my letters and contacts!!! PLZ what do I have to do to get their attention?
    Omar