Delta Airlinesjewelry stolen from checked luggage

Left Las Vegas at 11:40 am...4 hour flight
Flight 1857-Atlanta, GA

2 hr 40 min layover

Left Atlanta at 6:46 pm
Flight 2802- myrtle Beach, SC

SILVER JEWERLY MISSING FROM SMALL BLACK JEWERY BOX.
Diamond ring-$5, 000.00
Aquamarine ring-$350.00 (my deceased sister's)
A sterling silver Celtic flat woven bracelet with a rampart lion on the clasp-$330.00
Silver loop ear rings(gift from my best friend) $?

We got to the Vegas airport early to have breakfast and then had a long layover in Atlanta.

I am devastated and I hope there is a way these precious items can be recovered. It never occurred to me things in my checked bag could be stolen.

Li
Jul 30, 2019

Comments

• Ge
      Aug 05, 2019

It is a shame that you lost that jewelry, especially the sentimental pieces. However, in the carriers terms and conditions, they specifically state their responsibilities. As a frequent air traveler who spent more than 40 years in the travel industry, I always advised people to carry anything valuable. As part of my role in my position for a major tour operator, I recommended that people leave their valuable jewelry a home as preventative measure because we had clients forget items in hotels, on busses, and on planes. I do hope you recover them, but based on the value, it is unlikely. You may have to file a claim with your homeowners insurance. If you have travel insurance, you may have a limited coverage.