Dch Freehold Nissanconsumer fraud

A

I called in before going to this car dealer to let them know I wanted to turn in my lease early. The real purpose was to try and see if they would take my lease and I wouldn't have to make any more payments. I had recently lost my job and was looking to save money by getting rid off this car. Considering that they would get a car way under mileage, about 18, 000 miles under, I thought they might consider that and just buy the car out. Well, that was not the experience I had when I got there. I asked for the person who I talked to on the phone, Ms. Lee, and she immediately asked me to follow her. No greetings, no manners, no professionalism. She didn't even make any eye contact. She asked me if I had the two set of keys, my registration, and the miles on the car. She was entering the information in her computer. As I sat there without saying a word, waiting for her to look up my information, she asked me to sign on an electronic pad. She did not explain to me what it was for, nor what she was doing. I thought I needed to sign something to allow her to look up my information on database. The pad looked like one of those you use at the grocery store, there was no information as to what you are signing. Big mistake! Once, I did, she printed out two sheets of paper with all the information and my signature, as I had signed on the little pad, and said, "ok, you are done". I was shocked, it took about a minute. So I asked her what do you mean I am done? That's it? So then, my husband who was standing next to me asked her if Nissan was going to take over my lease. She said, what are you talking about? We grounded your vehicle, it's ours now but you are still responsible for the payments. Needless to say we were shocked, and furious. There was major miscommunication. As a professional, she should have asked if I understood the procedure, or go over the whole process. As an individual, she should have at least ask, do you understand what you are about to sign? or you are going to sing this document that says, you are giving us your vehicle but you are still responsible for the 4.000 plus dollars. I could not believe these people just did this to me. We asked to see a manager after she informed us that this cannot be undone! The manager came out, and asked us to wait and see what he could do but he said that he had never undone a grounded car before. Are you kidding me? Is this really happening? We waited and waited. He said he was trying to get in touch with somebody but because today was Saturday, he couldn't do anything. Now, we are waiting until Monday to see if this can be undone. I do not recommend this dealership to anyone. I walked in there and they literally stripped me off my property without me even knowing it. This has CONSUMER FRAUD written all over it. Do not go there for business, it is scary! Please stay away.
April 17, 2011

• Ra
    Rav4Rich Nov 14, 2015

I was a customer of DCH Nissan Freehold for 11 years, but they are back to being run by shisters...My lease was at its end (feb 2015)..tried calling NMAC )Nissan Finance) to see who and how much I had to mail them to by ou the car., I never got a live person after 40 minutes per and 15 calls over 2 week, Went to dealership they were 5min away, asked where do I send a check..they said Well help you...They helped me out out $500 more then I would have paid if I just mailed in a check. After several attempts to tell them that they said this is what NMAC would have charge..once I proved them wrong, , they refunded $311 of it.//fast forward to mid sept 2015 my 2011 Rogue was making noise from the front end. I took it into the Service department and ask them to tell me what the noise was, thinking it was possibly the transmission. They told me they would be $100 dollar diagnostic fee, it would be waived if I had repairs done there, I agreed. After a little bit of time they came out and told me my two front wheel bearings were bad and one was cease to the driveshaft cost of repair $1600. Six weeks/ 4000 miles later my transmission blows out after they told me it was fine. Also note that in the oil change that I had between the two services the transmission fluid check box was not not applicable, even though on every single other oil change that they did in the last four years it was checked. In 2004 DCH Nissan in Freehold was one of several Dealers charged with Fraud by the Nj state Attorney General some of the charges "The dealerships allegedly failed to disclose prior damage to cars and passed off used auto parts as new" use caution when dealing with them, There are many more dealers on Rt 9