Days Innnever stay in this days inn!

Short Version of the story - I had a family emergency and had to cancel a noncancellabe reservation in July (which I made in February, how could ia not predict an emergency 6 months in advance!!)I called in June, a complete month ahead to see if anything could be done, knowing I ran the chance that it couldn't.

The deal was made I would pay one night of the two nights and the reservation would be taken care of, which is better than nothing. I was sent a fictious bill for a stay in June I never had to cover the no show fee. I complained to corporate about a fictious bill as that seemed awfully fishy (I figured zi would be charged after the reservation since the hotel may have been full and then they would get double revenue) - who said I would hear from the hotel within 48 hours. I didn't. Seems corporate really doesn't care since all their hotels are franchises, and they can do their own thing. Then, I was charged for one night of stay in July which I had cancelled in June and paid for through a ficitious nights stay. So, the manager went back on their deal AND accused me of lieing about them making the reservation in June when I called to dispute it. She says I made the June reservation and was a no show. I would highly suggest that NO ONE STAYS AT A DAYS INN since you have no recourse with corporate if their franchises do not follow through on their "deals." I have already canceled my trips rewards account and will find every way to speak out against the hotel I can. I am drafting a letter to the local newspaper there, and am even considering taking out an advertisement in their local tourist flyer stating the facts, no slander or libel.

• Updated by Pfeilschiefter · Aug 03, 2017

what I said before

• Updated by Mikechamp · Oct 23, 2018

See above listed complaints!

• Br
    Browntiffany0813 Aug 31, 2019

My child was crossing the fence because the Uber had broke down and she threw a cup over first.The manager argued with my child before looking for me . The staff knocked once and walked in while I was naked.i was told to leave.i asked the manager for a refund and he refused but didn't provide hotel policy.And denied giving me his boss info .

• Da
    Dan Gall Aug 19, 2019

First room could not lock door. Man was sitting in car outside room told man on duty we were told he couldn't afford room so they let him sit there. Changed room, that room had roaches. The next morning nobody was at front desk and no breakfast was available.

• Be
    Beth Hollis Hollis Jun 25, 2019

Smoking in front where hotel guests arrive

• Sp
    Spcop Jun 18, 2019

I had a scheduled reservation. I am in law enforcement and active military.
    A light complected afro american female told me i could not check in.
    I had confirmation for my reserved room.She said i had to leave her property..She is in charge, she does not know where her manager is or supervisor.She was very unprofessional, rude, no customer service

• Sh
    Sheliaf855 Jun 02, 2019

Ice machine broken. Key did not work.3 of lights in room will not turn on. I was not even offered another room. Never, never will stay at Days Inn Again

joshuaoha Apr 28, 2019

Hateful man verbally abusing paying customers. There's no excuse to treat anyone like this just because of the way they look. This discrimination is immoral and illegal. I hope this employee faces proper consequences for his actions and looses his job.

• Al
    Alffie Jan 22, 2019

A real travesty

• De
    Denise Diem Gardner Jan 05, 2019

I'm staying on my second night days inn at the falls niagara falls this is the second night that I haven't got any sleep beds are hard the breakfast wasn't good at all and the pool was cold want to check.out in the morning because I have 1 more night here but probably won't get a refund will never stay here again

• Lu
    Lucinda6 Nov 04, 2018

The place is dirty it's unkempt
    It smells of weed and smoke
    The electrics are dangerous
    The bedding is dirty with cigarette burns
    The walls are filthy the lamp sheds broken
    The toilet basin not fixed to floor
    The windows dirty
    The skirting of the wall
    The stairway filthy
    [censored] ends every where
    The list could go on

• Mi
    Mikechamp Oct 31, 2018

When I went to the front desk to complain the desk clerk attempted to give me a $30.00 return on my visa card. This was not able to be completed as I booked the room through Expedia Travel. This is unacceptable. ..I feel the credit should be made. The Days Inn I stayed at is located at 1031 N Main St., Cloverdale, IN 46120.
    Booking #[protected]

• Pf
    Pfeilschiefter Oct 22, 2018

23:00 shower doesn't not work, phone is dead. Next morning, maid and asst mgr agree shower doesn't work. Phone now functions. also, sink hot and cold water are reversed. nasty stain on chair.

got a call from representative said that since I didn't call that evening it was on me.

Janie Reeves Bowman Oct 16, 2018

Mouse droppings in bed!! Around 1:30 am yelling outside our room, made us afraid that something bad was going to happen! Refrigerator didn't cool!

• Li
    Linda bourg Oct 15, 2018

We waited for our hotel shuddle for 2 hrs. No shuttle ever showed. Called 5 times for this Days Inn shuttle. We finally had to get a Me are taxi to take us 2.5 miles to this Days Inn on McCoy. Taxi driver went inside to get his payment from hotel. They refused to pay after we were told the hotel would pay for taxi. Th

maggierose Oct 15, 2018

we stayed at a days inn in Tonawanda NY and in Franklin Ttenn. We only stayed at these Days Inn and got bed bug bites. They are all over our bodies. The hotel in Franklin was very shabby and dirty looking we should have left but it was late...boy do I regret that choice

• Me
    Megan Hendricks Sep 19, 2018

Hello,
    To start off when I checked in I asked for a no smoking room (because I am alergic to nicotine) and the room said no smoking but there were cigarettes left over from a previous guest and it smelled like smoke so I asked to change rooms and they didn't give us back the diposite because we changed rooms I demand to get the refund if possible

• Pe
    Percy Miller Sep 10, 2018

I travel 300 days a year and have stayed in many off brand motels/hotels when days inn was not available. But i have never stayed in one in worse condition than here in Lake Village, arkansas. If i could tell you what it smelled like here i would. Combination of body stink and mildew. Paint peeling in showers etc. Etc., etc.

• Ke
    ken bachman Sep 05, 2018

I stayed at the Days Inn in Manning SC on 8/25/18 with my elderly parents and daughter. From the minute we walked in we knew we made a big mistake. The rooms where filty, the carpet was stained and the bathroom had cockroaches. Be we were tired we stayed hoping we wouldn't bring bed bugs home with us.

• To
    toya1982 Sep 02, 2018

I went there to sleep n was not satisfied at all roaches climbing up the wall food everywhere n tub n sink looked nasty I left n I'm asking for my full refund it was not right at all all I'm asking is that u put my money back

• Am
    Amanda Haughn Aug 20, 2018

checked in early on April 18, 4 am so they had to pro rate our room to $20. They had to put it in for the full amount and the $20 to equal $ 71 with tax. Was told after 11 that morning they could correct it to just the $20. So they had the credit me back 59.52 that includes the tax I was charged. We stayed 3 nights only charged for 4 plus $20.

• Dt
    Dtguy Aug 20, 2018

I stayed in room 114 Days Inn Owensboro, Ky. The carpeting was DISGUSTING with huge, dark, FILTHY STAINS. I DID NOT FEEL DAFE AD THE DOOR LOCK DID NOT SEEM STRONG ENOUGH. I wouldn't request another room because the other consultant I traveled with had a room dirtier and smelled like old cigarettes. The health department should come investigate!

• Lo
    Louis Manuel Aug 20, 2018

Visit the Days Inn in Carlisle Pennsylvania on Monday 04/09/2018. Room was dirty and we found bugs in the bed. The owner refuse to give us our money back. Very disappointed.

Christis Bar Aug 20, 2018

He thought me out. He doesn't want me to check inn. But other workers help me in to check inn. I'm local business man. I been here more then 5 time. Please call me I will give you more details [protected]
    Kalpesh Maru

Thanks!!!

• Ir
    Irwan Sendjaja Aug 16, 2018

I was report to front office at that night regarding my missing progressive glasses drop to closed because closet flushing can not strop and i try to stop.
    my glasses was put on the rack on top of closet.
    I asked them to help to find on clean out pipe, if can not found. I need Accident report to claim to my insurance.

• Lu
    Luc Sanders Aug 15, 2018

I stayed at the Days Inn in Montmagny Qc Canada on June 29, 2018.
    When making the reservation I asked if they accepted the CAA (AAA) card discount.
    I was told that they did not. Their site said that they accepted AAA.

I later stayed at a Dorval Qc. Canada Days Inn where my CAA card was accepted.

Please advise

Luc Sanders

• Db
    dbev Aug 15, 2018

Traveled with my family and requested a roll away bed. See pics below for the bed I was charged $15 for. I was afraid for my son to sleep on this lumpy, torn ragged, this disgusting bed. I've written the manager to ask for a refund and recommend they never off this piece of garbage to a guest ever again.

Dameron

• Mi
    Michelle Kilburg Aug 14, 2018

I would like a corporate email so I don't have to keep retyping my complaint

Michelle C Kilburg
    313.648.7249

• Do
    Donald David Richards Aug 14, 2018

I will let the pictures speak for themselves but the Days Inn in Hurley, WI is not a place where I would bring my family again. Days Inn or Wyndham has to do something about this. We talked to the manager and she did not seem to care. Gross!!!

• El
    elvista Jun 26, 2018

after being severely burned on the properties of the days inn hotel located at 1125churchpoint hwy, in RAYNE LOUISIANA from a gasoline spillage while working at the property.this person refused me adequate medical attention.and instead offered me skin cream and crest tooth paste for the 2nd degree burns on my upper left hand and the palm of my left hand.i suggest one travel wiyth a tent and sleeping bag before making the mistake to lodge in such a unethical behavioral enviroment.and im still trying to get the 2200$ hospital bills paid as well be compensated for my continuous pain an suffering with the permanent scares i bare.

• Be
    Beltra Sep 01, 2016

My boyfriend and i had made reservations at the Days Inn in Mattoon Illinois on our way to Florida with our 2 young boys. Upon check-in we were standing at the front counter when a gentleman named Derek greeted us. He was very well spoken and polite as was his co-worker Heather. All were dressed and appeared professional. We had been inquiring about attractions in the area with Heather & Derek when out of nowhere we hear a woman from a office or room behind the front dest yelling (foul language). In which i covered my 5 & 4 yr olds ears and i asked if that was a guest or an employee? To which Heather responded I am sorry but its our boss she's not having a good day. Derek apologized for us as well for having to hear that.

As he was getting our room keys she again started in with the foul language. It seemed as tho she had hung up on whoever she was talkin to because it got quiet. We took the room keys and headed straight for our rooms! This is so unprofessional. I give the 2 employees kudos for trying to smooth over our issues but they should not have to do that to begin with. We loved the hotel however i do not know if we will be staying there anymore after out children having to hear that.

• Ro
    Robert P. Metz Aug 16, 2016

If this is a Days Inn...it appears that I'll never make another reservation at any Days Inn Hotel ever again...

What a dump! Out of 60+ rooms, there was, at best, 3/4 occupied...and if we got one of the better rooms...God help us as to the appearance of the other rooms...

It was such a pleasure approaching our room, with the broken, ugly
    screen hanging on the outside of the window and the drapes open...

also overlooking the fabulous closed pool, with the puck water still
    in it, not covered, not winterized.

Plus all the other rooms we passed had all there windows open as well...

the room seemed to be "ok", but with further review...the ceiling was dirty with marks on them, the drawer that the TV was setting on had
    a sag in the middle of about 2", and the drawers couldn't open.

the sheets on the bed were "questionable"...

the bathroom hadn't been renovated since the franklin d roosevelt
    administration!!! It looked terrible...attempting to shower was
    horrid, the water was discolored and smelled terrible! the shower drain was clogged and took over an hour to drain.

the towels, and hand towels had ugly stains on them...again, had to be years old and used too many times!!!

the faucet was the wrong unit for the basin...

the front door looked as if it was broken in, and the bathroom door didn't look much better!!!

the "breakfast" was, at best, passable...but very cheap appearance, and low quality food items...the toasted had to be at least 20 yrs old and rusty!!!

the Days Inn should be ashamed of themselves to even have their name on the "flop house", plus the sign said the best deal around!!!

R P Metz

• Valerie Aug 02, 2016

We stayed at the Days in Williamstown, West Virginia. Had scheduled for two nights had it changed to three. Arrived and they claimed we had not added the additional night. We had a copy of the e-mail confirmation.

1st night we went to our room, lights in bathroom so low you could hardly see. Called desk and asked for brighter bulbs...we were told, brighter bulbs would make the bathroom too hot!! We stayed.

2nd night, we came in, my husband took a shower, turned down the comforter on bed to rest. Guess what? A cockroach. My husband caught it and took it to the manager "Mac" - non American. He insinuated we brought it in through our luggage.

No rooms in town available due to a Rally and Graduation so we had to stay. Next night we heard that one of our Goldwingers had a motorcycle accident and called to cancel their room. The young girl at the desk cancelled it and the so-called manager ripped her apart. Informed her they had to be cancelled by June 5th no matter what. No cancellations for anyone. Now, do you believe these people wanted to have a motorcycle accident? I believe they would rather pay for a room.

Would not stay at this hotel - or any Days Inn Again as the Manager at this one showed no compassion for anything or anyone.

• TrashyTrucker Aug 02, 2016

Agreed, Day's Inn's are NOT very good!

• Ki
    KimG58 Aug 02, 2016

1st off all i like to say that since i was young(almost 50 now) We have been staying at Days Inn all over. So last week the 1st Days Inn was in Dickson Tennessee. Well there was no hot water(warm only). We could live with that.Was not the nicest room but we could live with that. Than on the way back a few days later, we were tired, it was after 10:00 pm we stopped at the Days Inn in Hurricane Mills Tennessee. We get up to our room and it was really hot so we turn on the air. It was in the 90's all week.Than my husband go to sit in the chair and the back falls off the chair.Than i move the night stand to plug in my laptop and it look like it had never been vacuumed. But being really tired we decided to go to sleep and not think about that stuff. Woke up about an hour and a half later cause it was like over 100 degrees in our room, the air was not working right. Thought I was going to pass out. Well that was enough, even though my husband got them to change our room i won't be staying at a Days Inn again.

anonyMiss Aug 02, 2016

Why didn't you just ask them to bring-up ttoilet paper and/or request turn-down service for your room? Everyone wants something for free nowadays and I for one am sick of it. Also, your attitude leaves much to be desired.

• Da
    DAN HONEYCUTT Aug 02, 2016

we just drove in from omaha ne, upon entering the cleark was rude, un carining, looked pissed off, not a hello0, how are you, just what do you want she said, we asked for a room with 2 beds and was told it would be 62.99 which was no problem, but what was strange she had to ask her, what seemed to be a 10 year old girl how much to return out of a hu8ndred dollar bill, after 10 min she handed us back 30 dollars, she was so confused all she wanted to do was say thats all you get back, once we got in the room the beds were lumppy as if someone had already slept there, no toilet paper, frige a mess when we ask for another room we were told they were full, so we asked for a REFUND AND WAS TOLD THE ROOM WAS NOT REFUNDABLE BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND.SO WE STAYED THE NIGHT AND NEXT MORNING WENT TO PICK UP MY SON WHO GOES TO SCHOOL IN KEARNEY AT 800AM AND WHEN THE LADY SAW US WITH OUR SON, SHE AUTOMACTICLY THOUGHT WE HAD ANOTHER PERSONE IN THE ROOM, AND SAID SHE SHOULD HAVE CHARGE US MORE, WHEN I TRY TO EXPLAINE SHE BECAME MORE RUDE AND ABNUSVE TOWARDS ME AND MY FAMILY AND TOLD US TOO LEAVE AND NEVER COMNE BACK, BECAUSE WE WERE THEIVES AND RUDE AMERICANS, I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN SO TREATED LIKE THAT, AND I'LL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN, AND WILL TELL ANYONE OF MY FREINDS WHO LIVE AND HAVE THE KIDS ATTEND THE KEARNEY UNIVERASTY TO NEVER STAY AT THAT DAYS INN.SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Aug 02, 2016

It is actually not fraud. The hotel was so bad but you chose to stay in it the entire night and then ask for your money back.

• Ka
    Karum Aug 02, 2016

I went online and booked my Mothers day hotel stay for two nights at the Days Inn Hotel 5858 International Drive Orlando FL 32819. Now online the hotel looked great nice clean. I checked in looked okay where you check in, they gave me my room keys and I went to the room. Tired the keys wouldn't open the door at all. Went back to the office told them they don't work at all. They gave me another set of keys went to try those and still wouldn't open the door. Went back to the office told them to give me another room that the keys would work. They changed my room I took those keys had to fight with the door to let us in. When I opened the door and went in I was shocked at what it was like, nothing like it showed online at all. The toilet handle was falling off the toilet, had the ceiling falling apart in the room, My friend and son were both got rashes from the bed so I would say it wasn't clean at all. The cable wasn't working so no TV even though you paid for it. I was charged a resort fee when I checked in if this was a resort that I have a bridge to sell you. I took pictures of this hotel it should be condemed that is how bad it was. No ice machines they were in pieces in the hallway no soda machines note on them out of order. If they want pictures of their hotel I will give them to them. I went to the office the next morning and told them there was no way I was staying there another night I wanted a refund. They refunded me 3.50 resort fee only. I couldn't believe it. This is fraud because if you are not satifiied with your room or stay they should have to refund you your money back. I reported them to the BBB also. They are ripping people off and we don't get what we paid for that is for sure.

margie rodriguez Aug 02, 2016

i don't understand what i am to write in this box. i don't know if the complaining was worth the effort. i will have to wait to see what expedia will be doing about the complaint of bad service.

margie rodriguez Aug 02, 2016

The bedding had not been changed, lipstick on the sheets and pillow cases. The bath towels were very old, one had holes. The light fixture in the bathroom had a leak. The weather was bad, it had been raining. There were stains on the inside of the bedspread. The service was terrible. The room was disgusting. Slept on top of the bedspread. Didn't dare look at the mattress. There were no other hotels with rooms available. Management offered a complete refund, but only returned $15.00 cash refund. They thought we were leaving the hotel. I filled a complaint to better business bureau to have someone go inspect the hotel. very disgusting.
    I expect a reply from Expedia. submitted 8/4/10

• Ru
    Ruin64 Aug 02, 2016

I have never had a complaint about a hotel before. This hotel had a rude lady working the front desk. When we arrived at 3:30pm we were told by her well let me see if we have a room ready. I said I hope so it is after 3:00 which is check in time. She said well listen we were busy today and I will see if I can give you a room. I said we have reservations. She said that does not mean we have a room ready for you so just hush and wait. Unreal! Tell me to hush. After a few minutes she said well you are in luck I have one ready. We got to the room and the room was very dirty. 2 towels and no washcloth or soap. We went to the desk to get them. Then the TV did not work right. It was fussy and could not watch it. I called the desk and the same lady said why don't you check the cable connections on it we are too busy. I said I am not a TV tech and please give us another room with a working TV. She said you are lucky you got a room. I said I will check out then. She said wait a guy will check it. About a hour later a man came and he fixed it. We then left to dinner. When returning the hotel there was about 20 motorcycles parked in the underneath of the front enterance. There were about 10 bikers standing outside the door smoking and drinking beer. I was afraid to get out of the car. My husband said lets stick together and go in. Inside the front lobby was a big party of bikers drinking and yelling and talking loud and blocking the way into the lobby area. It was very frightful. We made it to our room and I called to complain at the front desk and was told so what they are guest too and your in your room now so don't worry. We tried sleeping but could not straight through because of all the noise in the hall from the people screaming and yelling like it was a big party out there. I am so upset and talked to the lady in the morning when checking out and was told nothing she could do about it. So this is why I am writing to be compensated for the nightmare at the hotel. Please call my husband or write me back and hope to get this settled.