Having problems with Currys?

+44 344 561 1234 (Customer Service)
1 Portal Way

Postal Address

PO Box 1687, Sheffield, S2 5YA

Complaints & Reviews

awful company

I purchased a laptop from curry's on Saturday 21/02/09 at home I found that the pointer was not functioning. I contacted the technical services and explained the problem and they could not fix the problem and they said I should return the computer to the seller. Today the 22/02/09 I went to the shop and explained the problem to them and asked the computer to be replaced. They did not have one more to replaced and said that only Alfreton branch (30 miles round trip) have 3 of this computers.

And I have to return to their shop on Monday (parking and 30 min waiting to obtain a receipt for the Alfreton branch) and collect the receipt for me to go and collect the computer from Alfreton branch.

coverplan

18 St James Gardens Leyland Preston PR26 7XA 8/4/09 Coverplan ref: [protected] Dear Sir/Madam, I am...

terrible after sales service!

We purchased a Washing Machine from Currys in July 2005 together with a five year guarantee. When this broke down last Friday we rang the service line anticipating a service visit “within two working days” in accordance with the terms of our guarantee. (The agreement amplifies this with a a statement that faults reported on a Friday will be attended to the following Tuesday). At the time of our report, we were promised a call that day to confirm the date and time of our visit.

No such call was received and so we called back this morning. After a considerable time we managed to get through to an operator who then referred us on to another number. After further difficulty we were told that we would not receive a call until next Thursday.

When I rang to complain to the Currys Service number, my call was automatically transferred to an LG operator. He was extremely uncooperative and said it was nothing to do with LG. I should speak to Currys. He then gave me a Currys number. When I rang this, I was again automatically referred to an LG Operator who said that they had no system for dealing with complaints.

The material supplied with our product guarantee says among other things:

“ But all you need to know is that we can get your problem solved fast”.

“ Whatever happens we’re here to solve your problems quickly so you don’t have the hassle”.

“Our promise (s) Just make one call and we’ll sort the problem out for you”.

There seems to be no way of speaking with anyone in Currys so that I can enforce the terms of my contract with them. Can you advise?

I see from my receipt that I paid.

• Wi
    William Holbrook Jul 19, 2007

I have had same problem with whatever happens cover on laptop purchased at curry's recently absolutely no service whatsoever and rude staff on phone lines.

joeyboi9 Apr 14, 2009

i reccomend to go to the store you purchased from and tell them your problem and bring in the reciept, that way the customer service will be able to ring up for you and should be able to sort it out. worked for me :D

nothing but problems

I had Purchased a TV set from currys team valley gateshead on 25/07/04. I took out a extended matercare guarantee untill 24/07/09 5 years in total. I have had nothing but problems with this product despite many repairs by mastercare

here are the dates of repairs and job numbers

1 aug 05 Job Number 204639 fault reported tv cutting out fixed on site power supply replaced

29 sep 05 Job Number 242318 fault reported tv cutting out fixed on site power supply replaced

30 mar 06 Job Number 375474 fault reported tv cutting out unable to fix on site sent to workshop for further inspection Job Number changed to 685489 collected from home on 18/05/09 mastercare had the unit for 6 weeks and one day master care spent a total of £888.16p to repair the unit

15 sep 06 Job Number 403088 Unable to fix on site transfered to workshop engineer said that the unit will be classed as bad history

23 sep 06 Job Number 463183 unit collected from home for repair

As you can see this i have reported the same fault over and over again and mastercare cant fix this problem. i contacted mastercare on 02 oct 06 and i was told that i will get a status report off an engineer about my unit no phonecall from mastercare

I have given mastercare more than one chance to fix this unit and the same problem still arises i feel that when the time comes that my coverplan guarantee runs out i will be stuck with this problem unit..

Ii have also been in touch with sony technical about this and they said that my television shares some parts with the KV-xxFQ86 CRT-TV's. here is what they had to say

The system controller (B-board) is of the same design and in addition to this, the lampdriver circuit and the secondary power supply is not always reliable.I strongly recommend you to ask an authorized Sony workshop for assistance and ask them to check all technical bulletins which are issued for this model by Sony European Center (SEC).

Due to the complexity of the set and the solutions, it's absolute of no use to try it yourself or let a non-authorized workshop try it because in that case the required technical informations on the various circuit changes is missing.

Due to the differences in datasets which are pegged to the version of the optical block, urge the service center to make a backup of the current data in the set's main NVM before performing any repair. They can make such a backup with the TRACE interface and software.

So i hope you can help me with this problem i have stated to mastercare that i want the unit changed as i no longer feel comfortable with this unit and its constant breakdowns

But all i get of mastercare is the unit will be fixed untill they see fit now i feel that i have wasted £599.00 on this guarantee

Regards
Mr David

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices