Complaints & Reviews

auto pay fraud!

Credit Acceptance is an auto financing company. I pay my car payment on time with them each month and never have an issue. I got a little confident with this kind of service and usually would recommend this company to my friends and co-workers as a great place to get a car loan with bad credit. I received a call from Credit Acceptance asking me if I wanted to signed up for Auto-Pay and I agreed seeing as they explained it would make my life a lot easier not having to do anything on my end each month. So I keep a separate bank account for just my car payment each month so that this kind of thing doesn't effect my other bills, in this case I'm thankful I did, and had the money for the payment in there on the 28th. Little did I know they charged my account 5$ more then they stated they would be charging giving me an overdraft fee on the 4th of April. I then called in to pay my payment even though at the time said they have received my payment and it would not be necessary to pay again. After I stated the overdraft issue they were confused and I paid anyways. Just today the 12th of April I received my second overdraft fee for the same payment even though as I stated before I called them to clear it up. They said it charges your account twice??? WTF WHY would they charge a bank account that does not have money in it a second time? They said its designed that way... for what reason would you want to access two 30$ fees to a loyal customer? If I didn't have money in there in the first place what are you going to accomplish by charging twice? I called them and explained the issue and they couldn't of cared any less. Heads up guys!

the whole company

My husband and I had our car repossessed and we only owed 295.00. CAC got our car towed ( well the tow guy...

horrible and harrassing

They harrass you constantly! Non-stop calls at home/work/cell, sometimes 10x per day for me and the same for my wife daily except Sundays! They have no customer service to help you and you can't understand anyone on the phone! Also, if you want top make payment arrangements, you can only do it 21 days prior, EVEN if you want to make automatic payments for months ahead of time! They rip you off! That's their way of getting you for interest! DON'T EVER USE THEM!

worst loan company I ever dealt with

This company apparently would rather repo your car then get there money. They obviously outsource there call center so the people there have no idea what they are talking about, more less they are just reading off of a screen when you call there. Heed all of the warnings here Do Not Get A Loan with this company. I promise no one is alway 100% on time with there payments as much as that would be ideal, if you had the money you would have paid for the vehicle with cash. Please rethink your purchase or get a co-signer.

Mustang24 Aug 15, 2012

I did a rent with option on a repod home from them, within 2 months it caught on fire 3 times because of electrical they didnt fix, which i didnt know there was an issue with until i had the power turned on. And tge ceiling in my 3 year olds son room caved in, so i gave them time to send someone out to fix it after promises by their manager, no one ever came out. I moved, they reported my to the credit bureau as a mortgage repo. We went to court, i won and 6 years later they are still reporting this but have managed to report it 5 different times on the same credit report by changing the last number by 1 digit each time. The company and equifax refuse to take it off even though they cant proved anyone with my signature on any contracts... Also check out BBB for acceptance loans in pelham alabama... F rating.. This company should be shut down!

fraud / repossession

In February 2007, I purchased a vehicle through a local used car dealership. The loan was through Credit Acceptance and problems began almost immediately. My payment agreement was set for 406/month. At that time, I set this up to as an auto draft on my bank account. The company that processed these payments for Credit Acceptance was TruPay. When the paperwork processed at the dealership, the total bi-weekly payment came out to 188 (45 months bi-weekly payments). Not long after that, we recieved a letter from Credit Acceptance saying that there was a mistake made and they needed us to call. I called and was told that they needed to change my bi-weekly payment to 203. I inquired about the every third month when on a bi-weekly schedule, there would be an additional payment scheduled, would they just ignore that payment or would I have to pay this additional payment. I was told then that there was no way to set up the account to stop this payment. I requested a detailed payment schedule from them to include these payments and showing the change on the pay-off date with this included in the mail. I never received so I never approved the increase in the auto draft.
Now we are in February of 2011. We knew that our last payment was due the end of November, 2010. The last auto draft came out of my account November 26, 2010. In December, 2010, we recieved our payment book in the mail (1st time we have ever gotten a payment book). There has been no other mail recieved from them requesting us to contact them or stating any monies were in default. Got up this morning, February 9, 2011 and my car is gone. It has been repossessed. After going through two different representatives with the company, found out that my contract had ended, all principle was paid but there was still outstanding interest due of over $600.00. The first representative stated the amount was 627, thirty minutes later and another representative it was 676. The reason they are giving for the auto draft stopping with money still due was because the contract was over and the principle had been paid.

I have not received any information from them in the mail since November with the exception of my coupon book (again - received after the scheduled pay out date). We have previous to this received numerous letters including the one in February of 2007 to let us know that they were changing companies that process their autodrafts and misc. other items. At no time, did we receive any information from them that the account was in default and at risk for repossession. They have stated that they made numerous attempts to reach us by phone (a number we have not had since 2009) but no attempts on our secondary number which is my husbands cell. I have verified that they did not mail anything to us. They apparently do not handle business that way (we sure do have a crap load of other letters from them-some based upon this loan and others are advertisements). Now we owe not only the interest but an additional 250.00 repossession fee and we have one day to pay or the car goes to auction.
Needless to say, I have spoken to an attorney today who has informed me that the only way to get the car back now (today) is to pay what they are requesting. He is, however, going to look into the case to determine if there are any legal issues and feels as though the information I provided over the phone could in fact, support my claim that there is lending fraud involved. Once I meet with him, if he determines fraud was involved, he will be representing me. If I just let the car go and fraud was involved, they could be forced to pay the total amount loaned along with any interest paid. The problem is, I have to come up with another means of transportation until this is resolved and really cannot afford to do that right now. So they have you where they want you and NO, I will not let this drop.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

So originally you signed a contract with the dealer agreeing to pay $406 per month but you refused by only paying 2 payments per month of $188 (with the exception of 2 months per year), which means you paid $376 per month for 10 months a year, but agreed to $406 EVERY MONTH. What if you loaned thousands of dollars to someone who agreed to pay you $406 per month but then only gave you $376 instead? Their account would become deficient (but at the end of each year, would be caught up). You did not fulfill your contractual obligations to Credit Acceptance, and until the vehicle is PAID OFF, which means ALL monies owed are paid back to Credit Acceptance, they can and WILL repossess your vehicle, with or without notice. If you did not pay it off, even if you owed them $1, they legally can take it back from you. If you wanted to stop those two extra payments per year, you simply had to call to stop them or go on the website and cancel them. It's really much simpler to do that and fulfill the contract as you agreed that way, so you wouldn't have repossession, which is now on your credit, and you sitting here paying for a lawyer that obviously knows nothing about the law...Good luck to you.

• Mi
    Middle Class Woman Mar 31, 2011

This business needs to be shut down.

• Nh
    Nhia Jan 23, 2020

My car was repossessed in perfect working order new brakes, struts, new inspection now that I paid to get my car out of repo it won’t start . I am mad as hell it was fine before they repossessed it and I told them I’m not paying for a car I can’t drive they need to refinance me for another vehicle or get this one fixed on them.what good is a warranty if nothing is covered.

repo

I have had my 2004 chrysler pacifica financed with credit acceptance for 3 years and always paid 10 day...

high financing on bad vehicles

I purchased a vehicle from this dealer on 12/4/2010 and he assured the vehicle was in good condition. The day...

customer service

This company is horrible, there customer service is the worst. I called to make a payment while at work, didnt really have time. All i needed was my account number, and they wouldnt give me my account number, Im trying to pay them, and there were being so disrespectful, talking over me, while im trying to explain why I dont have time, then they are sitting there explaining to me that the conversations are being recorded, cleary showing all to no care for athority, and aspect of what it is to run a creditable business. I told the agent I believe her name was april, was she trying to collect money for the company or make them loose money, she just continued to talk over me. The people companies higher and make customer service is rediculas, they really need to up there standards. They woman makes me not want to even deal with this company at all. To just cancel my whole nature of business with them, they are totally awful...

• We
    WestieDog Jan 13, 2011

I thought I was the only one with this problem! Dear God! I called to day to get my pay off amount and have my loan set up on auto withdrawal on the 20th of the month. I get 15-18 phone calls a day saying I'm late even after it was Credit Acceptance that set up the withdrawal date. My loan papers say the 3rd of the month. Okay, I get this, however, when you call and treat the other person respectfully and they make you feel like a dreg of society-what's up?? They wouldn't not give me the payoff amount until I gave them the bank loan information. How is one suppose to get a loan if you don't have the payoff amount? Had some hard times 3 years ago and declared personal bankruptcy. These people are ruthless and have been told that it "is people like me" that ruin it for everyone with car loans! I can't believe the tactics this company uses let only that they get away with it! I would ride a bike to and from work before I EVER got another loan through Credit Acceptance!

• Je
    jeroman38 Feb 23, 2011

hello my name is jesus on i finance a car from cax auto in the bronx and i have ven unable to make the paiment on my car because i bean o puerto rico because my father have a stroke.thats not all my ant die in milwuakee wisconcin in then my brother in law have a stroke to.thats why im not in new york.

Domin0 Mar 02, 2011

When they hassle you about car payments, that's not customer service...that's collections. And, if you made the payments on time, they wouldn't call you. If you want them to stop, write them a letter or email because according to the law, you have to provide a written notice to cease all calls if you don't want them to call you again. Google the FDCPA laws. (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). If they violate the law, rat on them. Simple as that. Please people, do your research before you get all excited about signing a contract for a car that you want. Get a mechanic to check it out and make sure it's ok, READ the contract you are signing and do research on the finance company you will be working with for the next several years until your vehicle is paid off.

the worst ever

On the day before New Years, I meant to call Credit Acceptance and explain to them I would be making my payment this up coming Wednesday. My car payment was 12 days late, previously they had disabled my vehicle I had called them and they would work with me and turn it back on. I have spent the last 4 months trying to fix up my bills from shattering my knee cap in August. I didn't work again until November and workers comp gave me just enough money to drop 200.00 on my car payment then the rest a week later. In the course of December, epic events occured... there was a horrible ice storm which prevented me from getting to the office and to make matters worse I slid into a pot hole and broke my rim. I told the lady I spoke to a week ago about my problems and I was told to pay just the 59.99 I owed and things would be okay.

Whelp, on New Years Eve at 4:10am my car was repossessed and to make matters all the more worse... I was never given any warning or any chance to try to drum up the money. They constantly called me when I was at work on my cell phone, I'm not allowed to answer my cell phone at work. There was no voicemail stating my car is going to be repossessed on the next business day. They then, closed their office for the entire weekend. The driver took all my belongings that were in my car with the vehicle. He called me 8 times but like most people I had my phone on silent at 4am and was passed out asleep.

Now it is monday and the first business day, I have been on hold waiting to find out the info for getting my car or my stuff out so that I can figure out what to do. I have been on hold for an hour, what the hell kind of company is this? The car was a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am that was acting up like crazy, I had to buy a new battery and 2 tires for it since May. The car has been acting up, the radio didn't even work when I got it and ever since the second week I owned it, the car leaked out trans fluid. The warranty they gave me wasn't even accepted anywhere near my home.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

Credit Acceptance is a business. They honestly do not care about your personal problems. They go by the book (your contract). You signed that you agreed to pay however many payments on your due date each month until paid in full, so they don't care if you lose your job, if it's Christmas, if your mom died. They still expect their payment. You are still expected to pay your rent or mortgage aren't you? If not, you soon will not have any place to live. Same applies with a car loan...its like paying rent or mortgage on a car. Until it's paid for, you can be evicted (so to speak).

harassing calls

My husband purchased a truck through a local dealer who put him with this Credit Acceptance, what a JOKE. We have never been over 2 days late or most pf the time a week early and they call starting the day of the due date, and they call 15-20 times a day, even after calling them and telling them when we are paying this. I find out today that they are in INDIA WOW and most them I speak to I dont understand and they are VERY RUDE. This is our final payment to them, and thank god for that. I hope for their sake I get the title. DONT GO THROUGH THEM.

complaint

I decided that I wanted to trade in my 2001 Dodge ram for a more suitable family car. I contacted Sheere Chevy and was told to come down and have a look at their used inventory to see if I could find something I was interested in. I told the salesman that my new wife was also interested in trading in her car as well. Long story short they told me that they could give me $6, 000 for my truck in trade which was the pay off, and $1800 for my wifes car. She was unable to trade in her car because her father's name was on the title and he wouldn't allow it. So I said that I would be still glad to trade my truck in. We went into the dealer on Saturday so they could look at my truck for appraisal. We picked out a 2004 Chevy Impalla SS. It had around 84k on it and looked in pretty decent shape. I told them I wanted to drive the car over the weekend and take it to a mechanic. We came back to the dealer Monday and were told that due to a lower credit score in the high 5's we were't able to get traditional financing. I told them I got into my truck with 0 down with the same credit score. They said don't worry we could get financed through Credit acceptance and our payments would be around $300 per month. They said they needed all kinds of paper work, bank statements, pay stubs, references, etc. Long story short we ended up having to put $400 down despite being told that my truck was good enough. We gave them a voided check and they said that we would be on autopay that way we didnt have to mail out monthly payments. 2 months go buy and my wife wakes me up saying that they are repossessing our car. I went outside and caught the tow driver and asked what was going on he said we were 2 payments behind and he was taking the car. I told him wait he's not taking the car I was going to call the bank. He told me if we didn't let him take the car that the bank was going to want $12000 to get the car back. I told my wife to sit in the car and wait, I told the tow driver to get in his truck and wait while I called the bank, he continued to hook the car up and said that the cops were on the way. I used to repo cars so I know the laws so I told him there was nothing the police can do it was a civil matter (only the Sheriffs dept can step in with a court order) when I asked the tow guy his info he told me he didnt have to tell me because my name wasn't on the paper work and refused to ID himself due to privacy laws. He then proceeded to tell me to "Go ### yourself" and got in his truck I called the bank but they weren't open for another 20 minutes. The cops showed up and asked what was going on and I explained the situation to them and he asked if I saw the repo order and I told him no, nor did he provide ID. My wife was sitting in the car and the cop said that he had the right to repo the car and I explained that I knew the repo laws and he did not have the right to take the car since my wife was sitting in it. He talked to the tow driver and I over heard him say that there was nothing he could do that I clearly knew the laws and he couldn't bluff me to give them the car. The tow driver agreed to drop the car and said he would get it in an hour anyway's so wipe the stupid smile off my face. He proceeded to drop the car and the cops left. My wife was able to get in touch with the bank and they proceeded to tell her how dare she sit in the car with our son and how dare she stop the repo etc she was in tears by the time she was off the phone. I called them back and spoke to a manager and explained we were supposed to set up on auto pay and they should have called or sent a letter. They said sometimes the dealers don't follow through and it was an easy mistake. They took 2 payments via western union. Our payment this month (Dec) falls on a saturday and my wife doesn't get paid till Monday. We are 1 day late and already have gotten 2 calls the rep said there is no grace period and they can call the next day. I told them she doesn't get paid till Monday but our payment was mailed out Thursday and they should receive it today or should have gotten it already. She said it takes 5 day's to get it but we are all set. After reading up about these people I see it was A HUGE MISTAKE getting involved with them. The repo company was an even bigger joke (American Lenders) I complained to the owner who apologized about the drivers action even asked me if I'd be interested in future repos with the company. Either way CAC is a joke along with there small print

• Us
    usmc23832 Jan 18, 2011

After explaining my situation every time and agreeing to a payment arrangement 3 days late and van got repossessed. I only owe 3 more months and then it will be paid off. So now I have to pay $600 bucks to get it back. Stay away from Credit Acceptance. Their collections practices are illegal and the repossess at the drop of a dime.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

How are their collection practices illegal? Read your contract...BEFORE you sign!

poor customer service

I set up auto pay for my car on october 13, 2010 a month before the new auto pay was to take affect. Somehow the auto pay skipped the first payment and it was doing the payment for November 20, 2010. Well needless to say my car was repo'd on Nov. 15 for November's payment.. Called and spoke with numerous people know would help me. Left the sup Eric Armstead numerous messages and was told yeah I got everyone of them I didnt have to call you back because the answer was not gonna change... WOW great customer service Huh!!! Yeah I cant wait until I am threw with them they are a rip off and Poor Poor Poor Poor customer service!

• Tr
    TristaSmith Mar 14, 2011

Friday afternoon this company took 2 payments out of my bank account for my car. My automatic draft is set up to where they take payments out on the 16th, it was the 10th. I called and they have no idea where the money is and are now saying I have a payment due on the 16th. I have faxed them my itemized bank statement twice which CLEARLY states WU Credit Acceptance took these out of my account and the RUDE lady says, "I just don't see it, we can't refund your money." My awesome bank is going to help me as much as possible, dealing with these cranky people, but honestly now I wish I would not have purchased this car!

• Mi
    Middle Class Woman Mar 31, 2011

THEY ARE SORRY !!! I AM TRADING MY CAR OFF

reposession

never failed to make my payment on time...one month I needed to make my payment a little later.. I called credit acceptance ..spoke with a very rude person that kept repeating the sme thing overt and over..So I went to the local dealer where I bought the car..David Fish called the credit acceptance corp. and told them I was getting the money from the bank to pay of the balance in full..but the loan was taking longer than expected. she ask when could I make a payment...I said on the 15th before the business day was over...She said ok, but it must be there by then. My payment was due the 1st day of each month...I was told I had a 15 day grace period... On the 13th(2 days earlier than I was told I had) the repo. man came and took my car...What I was told on the phone and on my contract was a flat out lie!!! Then I could not go to the impound yard to get my car, , , their was a fee for that...It left me with no choice but to lose my car...all the money I paid and my car was gone...this is a crooked company!!!

janie parrish Nov 23, 2010

the repo man said the tracking device they put on your car so its easier to repo..wasn't working or they would have repoed it on the 10th...How is this legal????????????

• Ge
    gebob32 Jan 28, 2015

when you have the device, it will warn you, then it will shut the car down. after that you have up to 20 days to make payment, if not they repo it. but that's only if you ignore them. if you truly call and go through with your promises they will work with you. break your promises and they will do anything t get their car back

waiting for lien release

I purchased a 2004 VW beetle from a small car lot, the car is wonderful, couldn't ask for a better vehicle. They financed me through a company called credit acceptance. Since then the lot went out of business . 07/01/2010 I sent them $2, 171 as my final payment. I still have no lien release. On four separate occasions after sending the money I was told repeatedly that they were sending the release every time. I tried my best to keep my calm but they just weren't helping me. the post office looked into it for me and said that it was never even mailed. So I called and got angry immediately asking for a supervisor. Wouldn't you know it... the only thing she could do for me is try sending it again. I had the idea of having it sent to a different address, I chose my fathers house. After waiting ten more days I was unhappy to find that it still did not make its way to me. Today is 11/17/2010 four months and seventeen days after I paid the car off. This is my seventh conversation with them. I was told once more they had no idea why its not getting to me and the only thing they can do is send it again . The Post Office said they're not even receiving it to be mailed. This is were I stand. The only number for them is the billing dept. They wont give me the other number. Somehow when the lady that i talk to hits the button that says send the lien release its not making the connection for me and they dont want to help me resolve the matter other than just "sending another one out" . These company buildings are thousands of miles from me, am I supposed to drive to them and make the connection for them?

MusZicMan Nov 18, 2010

I paid my car off on July 26, 2010 and have contacted their "Billing" department four times. Each time I get the same response "oh, that was mailed out on (random date). I have never received my release of lien. Again, when I call they do not have anywhere to transfer me to. I am going to file a complain with the Better Business Bureau as I have run out of options.

• Le
    Levi G Nov 18, 2010

Hi MusZicMan,

Just yesterday after I posted my complaint on this website, I decided to do the same with the BBB. We will see how it goes. I am waiting a response from them - hopefully they can help, or else I feel like I really might have to drive all the way there just to figure out why this has been an ongoing problem.

I would be interested to know your outcome. Please keep me posted. :)

• Ni
    Nikonman62 Jan 06, 2011

Back in 2005 I bought a Ford Explore from a dealer, I paid the Loan off
    2 years afterwards. They sent the title but no release on it. Now I owe
    nothing and it has been 4 years ago. I am filing with BBB of Michigan and US Attoney Generals office of Michagan.

MusZicMan Jan 07, 2011

Update on my issue - I found an email address for Credit Acceptance on the BBB website. I then sent a request for the release of lien to that email address (I also CC'd the BBB). After a few days, I was contacted by Credit Acceptance and have finally received the release of lien. Here is the email address: [email protected]

lemon wreck

Bought a lemon 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 78, 000 miles from U-Save Car and Truck Rental and Sales off of...

repossed car with 17 day late payment

i was 17 days late on payment. i had the car 10 months the car spent more time in the shop then i did driving it. and then i told a representative at credit acceptance i was going to be late because my check was lost and had to be reissued by the state. They repossed the car with only 17 days late on the payment. They also did not give me the 24 hr notice as required by law by credit acceptance.

janie parrish Nov 23, 2010

please their has to be somebody out there to help us fight these people...They are financing cars..reposessing them and selling them over and over again...what a way to make money.. stealing from others!!!

• Di
    didsauce Jan 03, 2011

I share your pain, my car payment was 12 days late. I woke up on 12-31-10 and walked out to go to work, my car was gone. I had just paid 50 dollars a week ago, which was for the last months payment. I have been going through financial problems over the last few months because I broke my knee cap at work. Now I was finally starting to get things together and bam, I walk out and it's gone. As I said, I had just talked to a woman a week before and just dropped money into their box. I have never heard of a car getting repossessed for 280.00 dollars.

passing the buck

We purchased a used SUV from a dealer in March of 2009. We knew that our credit was in dissaray, so we weren't too surprised at the interest rate (25%). We were told by the salesman at the dealership that in order for us to be approved by the lender that we had to have a checking account so that the payments could be debited automatically. That was not a problem. All of our payments were made on time until I lost my job. The loan was only for 2 1/2 years. It wasn't until I couldn't make the June 2010 payment was I made aware that they had the ability to disable the car. The salesman never explained that to us. I called Credit Acceptance on June 23rd to inform them that my payment would be made in a few days, the rep said "okay" and we hung up. I received a call about 4 am on the 24th from a manwho stated he was from Credit Acceptance and that he was outside about to reposess my vehicle. After speaking with him for a few minutes outside I gave him the keys to my car because he didn't have a flatbed tow truck and I didn't want him to tow my car on a whell-lift tow truck. I asked him where he was located and tole him I'd be there in a couple days. After speaking with C.A. they told me I had to pay an additional $325 to redeem my vehicle. I eventually mde the payment on the 30th. After going back and forth with them I was informed that my car was about 2 hours from my home at the auction site (I still made the June payment in June). After contacting the auction site, they informed me that I would need a tow truck because the transmission on the car was no good. I never had a mechanical problem with this vehicle. I had to go back and forth between the repo agent and the auction site to try and determine who was responsible. I decided to contact C.A. for same assistance. The rep in the reposession told me that any damages that occurred has to be handled by me and that they "had nothing to do with that." My position is that if the repo agent was acting on the banks behalf then they are responsible as well. Nether the repo agent or the bank wants to hold responsibility for damages that occurred while in their possession. I Had to pay over $1300 in repairs and towing and now I have to fight to get my money back.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

Credit Acceptance didn't tow your vehicle...some towing company hired by Credit Acceptance towed it. Your problem is with them. If you made your payment on time, you wouldn't have to worry about repo's.

• Mj
    mjcbcm Mar 24, 2014

Domin0 - Regardless of whether it was paid up or not, this customer called to inform Credit Acceptance of a payment that would pay them up that would happen just 2 days from the call. Common sense would tell you that most companies would have at least given this person 48 hours to show a payment, not jump on calling a repo on them as soon as they call to report a payment. That's dirty business. Maybe I'm biased anyway, because Credit Acceptance was also crooked with me. My ex-wife had my vehicle, under contract but in my name, and didn't pay for a few months. When I was finally able to get the Jeep back, I talked to them and they seemed to be willing to work with me - or so I thought. I made 3 payments in one month trying to pay it up then only owed 2 more payments. They said I could make a payment arrangement, which was done over the phone. I was to pay $100 a week since it was down to about $500 until it was paid up. I made a $170 payment that week, the sent another $100 the next week. When I called to let them know that I made the next payment, they said they weren't allowed to do payment arrangements with me and said that if I didn't pay them $477 immediately my Jeep would be repo'd as it was already in repo status according to them. They are a crooked company, so there's no real justification for how they treated this customer's situation or anyone else's situation for that matter. Just peculiar to me that they will work with you when you owe over $100 dollars but when you get the amount below $500, they decide to try to repo the vehicle.

Intent of repossession

Okay here I our story in April of 2007 I had a bad car accident total my car, the other car kept going...

rude an fraud

credit acceptance is a rip off. I bought a car from them, it is payday car.i got sick and fell behind. so i call them .Everytime you try to explain situaiton all they know is reprosession.The suv i have the note was 386.00 a month got behing they waned $500.00 amonth and now they want $600.00 I cant pay that i have to live anfd have other oligations.I realize i am bejind but $600 on 1999 car is ridicilious.Now the car needs ovet $2000 worth of work.I have been paying th $600 but its not going to work for me. And dont miss an aggrangemet they cant wait to say you defaulted your pmt arrangement.

• Me
    Meshell Jan 05, 2010

Although I am at fault for falling behind on my payments at times with Credit Acceptance, they have been less than cooperative to work with. I purchased my SUV a two years ago and was having my above-agreed amount of payments withdrawn automatically from my bank account. They seemed to have been able to go in try to take the payments BEFORE the agreed upon date, which in turn overdrew my bank account. After no contact with them for some time, all of the sudden at 3 in the morning two guys show up at my house to take my SUV. When asked how much I was "behind" they couldn't tell me...all their orders were was to repo the truck. After the repo people didn't report to the police station, and drove off in my vehicle like bats out of hell as well as quite an ordeal and lots of money later, I got my SUV back. Although the vehicle had to be put in the shop because of something malfunctioning from the time the repo people took it on Friday and me getting it back on Monday, I found out either Credit Acceptance or the repo people were already making plans to sell my SUV out from under me and leave me stuck with the payments. After contacting a lawyer and Credit Acceptance, I requested a detailed copy of my payment history...Credit Acceptance had been adding a late fee of $20 every two weeks to my account for some unknown reason, which still hasn't been explained to me as of today. After making new payment arrangements, and actually sending them an additional $20 per payment out of nowhere last night the repo people were back at my house saying that I had fallen behind yet again on payments and asking for my keys. When asking the repo people to call in a flat bed to haul the vehicle away, they refused. How that is I'm not quite sure, and when I asked for them to fax me to my employment a detailed payment summary showing where I was behind, they said they couldn't do that, but would charge me for mailing it to me. The place is completely ridiculous and not customer friendly at all. They don't honor the warranties you purchase, they nickle and dime you to death, and I wish I would have never contemplated doing business with them and would warn ANYONE and EVERYONE not to. You would think that if they were THAT worried about the money, knowing that I'm employed, that when the payment wasn't there that they would garnish my wages for guaranteed payment. Noooo...they'd rather screw up your credit and add ridiculous recovery costs to their bill. When I confirmed that they had received the payment to get my SUV back this time, there was a "one time" additional feel that will be expected to be paid by next week in addition to my payment, and that my payments have gone up to almost $100 over what was originally agreed upon.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

Look at your contracted due date versus your payment history. It should show you that you're not making your payments on time, and they don't assess late fees every two weeks. By law, they can only assess a late fee once a month. Not only that, but you need to stop lying. They don't charge you for a copy of your payment history. And, they can fax it to you. You probably didn't even ask. I've had them fax me mine every few months. Never been charged for it.

payment

I HAVE PAID MY CAR PAYMENT AND THE COMPANY HAS LOST OR POSTED THE PAYMENT TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT. THIS KIND OF...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices