Credit Acceptance Logo

Credit Acceptance

Having problems with Credit Acceptance?

Credit Acceptance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2008. The latest review Unethical behavior was posted on May 25, 2021. The latest complaint rip off, harassing phone calls was resolved on Mar 24, 2014. Credit Acceptance has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 75 reviews. Credit Acceptance has resolved 33 complaints.

Credit Acceptance Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 634 1506 (Existing Customers)
+1 800 729 7633 (Existing Dealers)
+1 800 873 0512 (Prospective Dealers)
25505 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 3000
Southfield, Michigan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Credit Acceptance Customer Service. Initial Credit Acceptance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Credit Acceptance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Credit Acceptance. Discuss the issues you have had with Credit Acceptance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Credit Acceptance Complaints & Reviews

Credit Acceptance Corporation — auto finance over change

I just paid off a car that is worth 5000 at best, i was charged 19500 for it due to not so great credit. I...

Bay Saint Louis

Credit Acceptance Corporationnegligence

I was a customer at this bank. I have closed my account paid in full yet they still are pulling automatic payment even after I called to cancel it. I now have overdraft fees to my bank due to their negligence. I called again to resolve this and they stated that it was my negligence for not having the amount they were trying to pull even through they aren't supposed to be pulling it. Their response was their is nothing that they can do even though it's their negligence.

Credit Acceptance Corporationpayment postponement

Call Credit Acceptance. Went through automated service to postpone a payment to a later date.
    which was accepted. (Not a problem or so I thought) I actually made the Payment 3 days before the payment postponement date which Credit Acceptance received and cashed.
    Two days after Credit Acceptance cashed the check, received a letter of default from Credit Acceptance stating payment has be made by certain date and your vehicle will be repossess if you default on future payment. How does this constitute a default if you have already may arrangement to delay a payment, which was accepted, by Credit Acceptance plus the payment was received and cashed by Credit Acceptance 3 day before the payment postponement date? Called a Credit Acceptance to question why the default letter was sent. The only thing Credit Acceptance rep could tell me, reading from a script, is it does not matter if you postpone a payment with them, they are required by your state to sent a default letter and I needed take that up with my state, per them send default letters on postpone payments. If that's the case, why don't Credit Acceptance tell you that when you postpone your payment and let you know a default letter will be sent. It's the whole purpose of posting a payment is not to get a default letter, especially if the company accept the payment postponement? If payment was made by the postponement date, them I would have a problem receiving the default letter but that was not the case Sound like Credit Acceptance don't give a hoot or less about consumer right to know only about how it a gain for them.

Credit Acceptance Corporation — finance

They have mo online account to look at. Nothing I set up auto payments throu WU as the only method. Came out...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — lien refund

These people are very unprofessional. They tell you the same thing over and over, sometimes they even make up...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — auto loan

No matter What you pay. they will get more out of you 1 way or another. and if you make all your payments and...

Fountain Inn

Credit Acceptance Corporationunethical actions

I had two suv's through them. Paid off one in 2013, this past october a car hit me and totaled my other suv. My insurance and gap insurance paid off what I owed left. This company reported my account as closed derogatory and that it was in collections and paid off. This has drastically reduced my credit score and trying to get this company to help me is obviously not working. They probably did this evil thing because they lost out on future interest.

Credit Acceptance Corporation — rude woman named lashay

You have a woman working for you named lashay she was very rude ad nast and had a very stank attitude also...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — warranty coverage

I just got my 2007 Chrysler 300 11/2014, I have only needed minor things repaired since ive had it. I take my...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — vehicle

I make my monthly payments in full but due to some slow work I couldn't make the late fees for about three...

Credit Acceptance — car taken never late!

I don't even know where to start, BUT, here I my story...My husband had a note on a 2002 GMC Yukon, for...

Credit Acceptance — rip off, harassing phone calls

My ex-wife had my vehicle, under contract but in my name, and didn't pay for a few months. When I wa...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — big rip off and scam with this company a bunch of b/s

I am currently making payment on car that was fiance threw them . I had my repo several month ago n i got it...

Credit Acceptance Corp — Bad business/deception practices

I had an arrangement with credit acceptance in september to pay for a payment which was authorized by them to...

Credit Acceptance Corporationillegal repo/theft of personal property

To begin, Credit Acceptance, the company that financed our vehicle did not send us a Right to Cure letter which is required in the State of Missouri. If this letter had been provided to us, it would have given us the 10 day opportunity to avoid repossession and the additional damages that we incurred at the hands of an Agent contracted by them to secure our vehicle.

Days after redemption payment had been made, we did receive a letter telling us our car had been repossessed and who to contact for information to redeem it, but nothing before the car was picked up.

County Wide Auto Recovery Services repossessed our car on 8/29/2012, redemption debt paid in full on 8/31/2012. An agent at County Wide told us when we called [protected] that we could not pick our vehicle up on that day because the office closed at noon and set an appointment with us for the following business day.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2011, We went to 1600 Heritage Landing, Suite 108 St. Charles, MO 63303 as directed by Credit Acceptance (finance company). We were told that we would have to pay $50.00 for possessions in our vehicle that they DID NOT STORE and to make matters worse, our navigation system, several car chargers, adapters and other misc items had been stolen out of the car.

The police were called and officer Liermann of The St. Charles Missouri police department was dispatched to the scene. A police report was taken but that is just the beginning of the legal action that we are going to take to expose County Wide Auto Recovery for their unethical, deceitful actions. The police officer who took the report also questioned the company owner about not completing an inventory of the items in our vehicle when they repossessed it. Their response was, because the owners were picking up the car, they did not feel as if they had to. We have also learned that the company does not have an active business license in St. Charles Missouri which makes our experience more disturbing.

Dianne Lyman is the owner of County Wide and has not heard the last from us! Any legal assistance would be appreciated in an effort to sue both Credit Acceptance and County Wide Auto Recovery services for their illegal actions.

Julie who is a legal assistant in the Credit Acceptance Legal Department has taken the high road, saying they are not responsible for the theft of our items and have tried intimidation tactics using email to quiet our complaint.

It won't work!!

Credit Acceptance — harassment

This company, the people who call you are awful the way they do business is terrible. If you get behind ONE...

Credit Acceptance Corp. — constant harassing phone calls and immediate repossession

This company was yes willing to help me due to my credit issues, but the finance charges are totally insane...

Credit Acceptance bad service

I bought a car through credit acceptance and what a bad decision it was. i had my car a year and i have already had a new transmission put in and thats was just after having the cartr for a month. i have had my starter replaced three time. my engine has been leaking oil in three different spots and my fuel pump is gone out.

• Ge
              gebob32 Jan 28, 2015

you sign a contract you promise to pay. when you let your car get repossessed, the dealer does not give the money back. they auction off the car for one third the money, plus they are out taxes to the state. you signed, the bank trusted you, and you stiffed them

• Ge
              gebob32 Jan 28, 2015

when you sign a contract you guarantee by your signature that you will pay the bank back. the person who loses when you don't pay they lose because you didn't fullfill your promise. so they have a right to get their money you borrowed. who else will pay what you borrowed

• Le
              Leslie Woodard Dec 30, 2014

I went to buy a car and every time I went to check on it or went to have something checked I was told that when the financing went tho there would be a warrentee to get it fixed. On or about December the right front window was put down and would not come back up.
              Therefore, I was on my way back to the dealership to find out why, on my way there I received a call from there telling me if I did not return the car they would report the car stolen. I called the salesman and he told me not to worry. I got there and they said it was a fuse but not to use that window until after the financing went through as it would be fixed under the warrentee. I returned home that day and receive a call from Credit Acceptance telling me the car was financed for over a month and I had missed my payment. I told them I knew nothing about that and what the salesman at the dealership had just told me. They advise me to return the car. I tried but they would not let me leave it. The next day I called Credit acceptance back and told them I had not received a payment notice nor did I have anything showing the contract where I had signed for the car. They told me they would come and get the car so I went and removed anything that I had in the car. I went out to get everything out of the car, there was nothing in the glove box and when I walked around the car I noticed there was no plate on it anymore. The dealership people had removed it the day before I guess?
              They came a took the car and about 6 months later they have file charges to get the money they claim they lost on the car. Now they are garnishing me to collect. I am trying to find an lawyer to charge the dealership with Freud as well as Credit Acceptance.

Credit Acceptance — repossesing/harassment

These people have no feelings for you at all, especially if your are having a difficult time financially. I...

credit acceptance auto loan — harrassment

This company starts calling on your due date, 3-7 times a day, never knowing anything about your account when...