Credit Acceptance Logo

Credit Acceptance

Having problems with Credit Acceptance?

Credit Acceptance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2008. The latest review I'm filing a complaint about my 2014 Chevrolet Impala that was damaged during repossession. was posted on Sep 8, 2021. The latest complaint rip off, harassing phone calls was resolved on Mar 24, 2014. Credit Acceptance has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 79 reviews. Credit Acceptance has resolved 33 complaints.

Credit Acceptance Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 634 1506 (Existing Customers)
+1 800 729 7633 (Existing Dealers)
+1 800 873 0512 (Prospective Dealers)
25505 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 3000
Southfield, Michigan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Credit Acceptance Customer Service. Initial Credit Acceptance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Credit Acceptance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Credit Acceptance. Discuss the issues you have had with Credit Acceptance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Credit Acceptance Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Credit Acceptance Corp. — constant harassing phone calls and immediate repossession

This company was yes willing to help me due to my credit issues, but the finance charges are totally insane...

Credit Acceptance bad service

I bought a car through credit acceptance and what a bad decision it was. i had my car a year and i have already had a new transmission put in and thats was just after having the cartr for a month. i have had my starter replaced three time. my engine has been leaking oil in three different spots and my fuel pump is gone out.

• Ge
      gebob32 Jan 28, 2015

you sign a contract you promise to pay. when you let your car get repossessed, the dealer does not give the money back. they auction off the car for one third the money, plus they are out taxes to the state. you signed, the bank trusted you, and you stiffed them

• Ge
      gebob32 Jan 28, 2015

when you sign a contract you guarantee by your signature that you will pay the bank back. the person who loses when you don't pay they lose because you didn't fullfill your promise. so they have a right to get their money you borrowed. who else will pay what you borrowed

• Le
      Leslie Woodard Dec 30, 2014

I went to buy a car and every time I went to check on it or went to have something checked I was told that when the financing went tho there would be a warrentee to get it fixed. On or about December the right front window was put down and would not come back up.
      Therefore, I was on my way back to the dealership to find out why, on my way there I received a call from there telling me if I did not return the car they would report the car stolen. I called the salesman and he told me not to worry. I got there and they said it was a fuse but not to use that window until after the financing went through as it would be fixed under the warrentee. I returned home that day and receive a call from Credit Acceptance telling me the car was financed for over a month and I had missed my payment. I told them I knew nothing about that and what the salesman at the dealership had just told me. They advise me to return the car. I tried but they would not let me leave it. The next day I called Credit acceptance back and told them I had not received a payment notice nor did I have anything showing the contract where I had signed for the car. They told me they would come and get the car so I went and removed anything that I had in the car. I went out to get everything out of the car, there was nothing in the glove box and when I walked around the car I noticed there was no plate on it anymore. The dealership people had removed it the day before I guess?
      They came a took the car and about 6 months later they have file charges to get the money they claim they lost on the car. Now they are garnishing me to collect. I am trying to find an lawyer to charge the dealership with Freud as well as Credit Acceptance.

Credit Acceptance — repossesing/harassment

These people have no feelings for you at all, especially if your are having a difficult time financially. I...

credit acceptance auto loan — harrassment

This company starts calling on your due date, 3-7 times a day, never knowing anything about your account when...

Credit Acceptance false reports

The company is reporting inaccurate information to the credit bureaus. They are reporting that I was late with my car payment on December 2010 and January 2011. This is not true, I have never being late on my car payments. I actually pay my car note ahead of time. I noticed the errors January 2011 when I requested a print out of my account and I noticed the late payments that was charged and removed. I called and was ensured that it was not reported to the credit bureaus. When I pulled my credit report in April 2011, I noticed that on credit report it was reported that I was late also 90 days (December 2010, January 2011 and February 2011). I disputed it with all three credit bureaus and I called the company and disputed it with them also. When my TransUnion dispute came back as not changed in April 2011, I contacted the company and left a message for a manager. A manager called me in April 2011 and informed that the information has been changed on their company to reflect that I had no late car payments. He also assured me that it has been updated with the credit bureaus and my credit report will not show any more late payments. I applied for a credit card and was denied, when I pulled my TransUnion credit report, it was still reporting late but this time it was reporting 60 days late (December 2010 and January 2011). I called the company on Monday May 16, 2011 no managers was available so I left two messages asking them why they are still reporting false information to the credit bureaus. Nobody has called me back. I spoke to a TransUnion manager who informed me that the company is still reporting my payments has being late. Every time I call, there is never any managers available.

Credit Acceptance worst company ever

Credit aceptance is the worst company ever! i paid my loan every month on time like a decent person. so i pay it off EARLY and what do they do? the wont release my title to my car?! well they kept saying that that would fax it over but did they? no? do they think people are ***? it takes 5 minutes to fax paper work.. not days and days. the customer service there is horrible. i wouldnt recommend going through this company to my worst enemy. be smart DONT GO THROUGH CREDIT ACEPTANCE.. you WILL regret it!thanks for your time!

Credit Acceptance — unprofessional representatives

The representatives were very rude and impersonal. After explaining my situation of being double...

Credit Acceptance bad company

I decided to buy a car and signed all the paperwork to have it set up as auto-pay so I would have no problems with the payments. The first month they decided to turn off my car because they said somebody called them and took off the auto pay. I know for a fact I didn't call them and they didn't call me. I work m-f and leave at 4am. I got into my car this morning and once again my car won't start. I can't call because of there business hours don't open until 8am. So I am screwed because I can't get to work. Not to mention my payment is not even due today. Apperently they do not care what they do to people. How am I suppost to get to work with my car if they keep doing this...?

Credit Acceptance — auto pay fraud!

Credit Acceptance is an auto financing company. I pay my car payment on time with them each month and never...

Credit Acceptance — the whole company

My husband and I had our car repossessed and we only owed 295.00. CAC got our car towed ( well the tow guy...

Credit Acceptance horrible and harrassing

They harrass you constantly! Non-stop calls at home/work/cell, sometimes 10x per day for me and the same for my wife daily except Sundays! They have no customer service to help you and you can't understand anyone on the phone! Also, if you want top make payment arrangements, you can only do it 21 days prior, EVEN if you want to make automatic payments for months ahead of time! They rip you off! That's their way of getting you for interest! DON'T EVER USE THEM!

Credit Acceptance worst loan company I ever dealt with

This company apparently would rather repo your car then get there money. They obviously outsource there call center so the people there have no idea what they are talking about, more less they are just reading off of a screen when you call there. Heed all of the warnings here Do Not Get A Loan with this company. I promise no one is alway 100% on time with there payments as much as that would be ideal, if you had the money you would have paid for the vehicle with cash. Please rethink your purchase or get a co-signer.

• Mu
                Mustang24 Aug 15, 2012

I did a rent with option on a repod home from them, within 2 months it caught on fire 3 times because of electrical they didnt fix, which i didnt know there was an issue with until i had the power turned on. And tge ceiling in my 3 year olds son room caved in, so i gave them time to send someone out to fix it after promises by their manager, no one ever came out. I moved, they reported my to the credit bureau as a mortgage repo. We went to court, i won and 6 years later they are still reporting this but have managed to report it 5 different times on the same credit report by changing the last number by 1 digit each time. The company and equifax refuse to take it off even though they cant proved anyone with my signature on any contracts... Also check out BBB for acceptance loans in pelham alabama... F rating.. This company should be shut down!

Credit Acceptance — fraud / repossession

In February 2007, I purchased a vehicle through a local used car dealership. The loan was through Credit...

Credit Acceptance — repo

I have had my 2004 chrysler pacifica financed with credit acceptance for 3 years and always paid 10 day...

Credit Acceptance — high financing on bad vehicles

I purchased a vehicle from this dealer on 12/4/2010 and he assured the vehicle was in good condition. The day...

Credit Acceptance customer service

This company is horrible, there customer service is the worst. I called to make a payment while at work, didnt really have time. All i needed was my account number, and they wouldnt give me my account number, Im trying to pay them, and there were being so disrespectful, talking over me, while im trying to explain why I dont have time, then they are sitting there explaining to me that the conversations are being recorded, cleary showing all to no care for athority, and aspect of what it is to run a creditable business. I told the agent I believe her name was april, was she trying to collect money for the company or make them loose money, she just continued to talk over me. The people companies higher and make customer service is rediculas, they really need to up there standards. They woman makes me not want to even deal with this company at all. To just cancel my whole nature of business with them, they are totally awful...

Domin0 Mar 02, 2011

When they hassle you about car payments, that's not customer service...that's collections. And, if you made the payments on time, they wouldn't call you. If you want them to stop, write them a letter or email because according to the law, you have to provide a written notice to cease all calls if you don't want them to call you again. Google the FDCPA laws. (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). If they violate the law, rat on them. Simple as that. Please people, do your research before you get all excited about signing a contract for a car that you want. Get a mechanic to check it out and make sure it's ok, READ the contract you are signing and do research on the finance company you will be working with for the next several years until your vehicle is paid off.

• Je
                  jeroman38 Feb 23, 2011

hello my name is jesus on i finance a car from cax auto in the bronx and i have ven unable to make the paiment on my car because i bean o puerto rico because my father have a stroke.thats not all my ant die in milwuakee wisconcin in then my brother in law have a stroke to.thats why im not in new york.

• We
                  WestieDog Jan 13, 2011

I thought I was the only one with this problem! Dear God! I called to day to get my pay off amount and have my loan set up on auto withdrawal on the 20th of the month. I get 15-18 phone calls a day saying I'm late even after it was Credit Acceptance that set up the withdrawal date. My loan papers say the 3rd of the month. Okay, I get this, however, when you call and treat the other person respectfully and they make you feel like a dreg of society-what's up?? They wouldn't not give me the payoff amount until I gave them the bank loan information. How is one suppose to get a loan if you don't have the payoff amount? Had some hard times 3 years ago and declared personal bankruptcy. These people are ruthless and have been told that it "is people like me" that ruin it for everyone with car loans! I can't believe the tactics this company uses let only that they get away with it! I would ride a bike to and from work before I EVER got another loan through Credit Acceptance!

Credit Acceptance the worst ever

On the day before New Years, I meant to call Credit Acceptance and explain to them I would be making my payment this up coming Wednesday. My car payment was 12 days late, previously they had disabled my vehicle I had called them and they would work with me and turn it back on. I have spent the last 4 months trying to fix up my bills from shattering my knee cap in August. I didn't work again until November and workers comp gave me just enough money to drop 200.00 on my car payment then the rest a week later. In the course of December, epic events occured... there was a horrible ice storm which prevented me from getting to the office and to make matters worse I slid into a pot hole and broke my rim. I told the lady I spoke to a week ago about my problems and I was told to pay just the 59.99 I owed and things would be okay.

Whelp, on New Years Eve at 4:10am my car was repossessed and to make matters all the more worse... I was never given any warning or any chance to try to drum up the money. They constantly called me when I was at work on my cell phone, I'm not allowed to answer my cell phone at work. There was no voicemail stating my car is going to be repossessed on the next business day. They then, closed their office for the entire weekend. The driver took all my belongings that were in my car with the vehicle. He called me 8 times but like most people I had my phone on silent at 4am and was passed out asleep.

Now it is monday and the first business day, I have been on hold waiting to find out the info for getting my car or my stuff out so that I can figure out what to do. I have been on hold for an hour, what the hell kind of company is this? The car was a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am that was acting up like crazy, I had to buy a new battery and 2 tires for it since May. The car has been acting up, the radio didn't even work when I got it and ever since the second week I owned it, the car leaked out trans fluid. The warranty they gave me wasn't even accepted anywhere near my home.

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

Credit Acceptance is a business. They honestly do not care about your personal problems. They go by the book (your contract). You signed that you agreed to pay however many payments on your due date each month until paid in full, so they don't care if you lose your job, if it's Christmas, if your mom died. They still expect their payment. You are still expected to pay your rent or mortgage aren't you? If not, you soon will not have any place to live. Same applies with a car loan...its like paying rent or mortgage on a car. Until it's paid for, you can be evicted (so to speak).

Credit Acceptance — harassing calls

My husband purchased a truck through a local dealer who put him with this Credit Acceptance, what a JOKE. We...

Credit Acceptance complaint

I decided that I wanted to trade in my 2001 Dodge ram for a more suitable family car. I contacted Sheere Chevy and was told to come down and have a look at their used inventory to see if I could find something I was interested in. I told the salesman that my new wife was also interested in trading in her car as well. Long story short they told me that they could give me $6, 000 for my truck in trade which was the pay off, and $1800 for my wifes car. She was unable to trade in her car because her father's name was on the title and he wouldn't allow it. So I said that I would be still glad to trade my truck in. We went into the dealer on Saturday so they could look at my truck for appraisal. We picked out a 2004 Chevy Impalla SS. It had around 84k on it and looked in pretty decent shape. I told them I wanted to drive the car over the weekend and take it to a mechanic. We came back to the dealer Monday and were told that due to a lower credit score in the high 5's we were't able to get traditional financing. I told them I got into my truck with 0 down with the same credit score. They said don't worry we could get financed through Credit acceptance and our payments would be around $300 per month. They said they needed all kinds of paper work, bank statements, pay stubs, references, etc. Long story short we ended up having to put $400 down despite being told that my truck was good enough. We gave them a voided check and they said that we would be on autopay that way we didnt have to mail out monthly payments. 2 months go buy and my wife wakes me up saying that they are repossessing our car. I went outside and caught the tow driver and asked what was going on he said we were 2 payments behind and he was taking the car. I told him wait he's not taking the car I was going to call the bank. He told me if we didn't let him take the car that the bank was going to want $12000 to get the car back. I told my wife to sit in the car and wait, I told the tow driver to get in his truck and wait while I called the bank, he continued to hook the car up and said that the cops were on the way. I used to repo cars so I know the laws so I told him there was nothing the police can do it was a civil matter (only the Sheriffs dept can step in with a court order) when I asked the tow guy his info he told me he didnt have to tell me because my name wasn't on the paper work and refused to ID himself due to privacy laws. He then proceeded to tell me to "Go ### yourself" and got in his truck I called the bank but they weren't open for another 20 minutes. The cops showed up and asked what was going on and I explained the situation to them and he asked if I saw the repo order and I told him no, nor did he provide ID. My wife was sitting in the car and the cop said that he had the right to repo the car and I explained that I knew the repo laws and he did not have the right to take the car since my wife was sitting in it. He talked to the tow driver and I over heard him say that there was nothing he could do that I clearly knew the laws and he couldn't bluff me to give them the car. The tow driver agreed to drop the car and said he would get it in an hour anyway's so wipe the stupid smile off my face. He proceeded to drop the car and the cops left. My wife was able to get in touch with the bank and they proceeded to tell her how dare she sit in the car with our son and how dare she stop the repo etc she was in tears by the time she was off the phone. I called them back and spoke to a manager and explained we were supposed to set up on auto pay and they should have called or sent a letter. They said sometimes the dealers don't follow through and it was an easy mistake. They took 2 payments via western union. Our payment this month (Dec) falls on a saturday and my wife doesn't get paid till Monday. We are 1 day late and already have gotten 2 calls the rep said there is no grace period and they can call the next day. I told them she doesn't get paid till Monday but our payment was mailed out Thursday and they should receive it today or should have gotten it already. She said it takes 5 day's to get it but we are all set. After reading up about these people I see it was A HUGE MISTAKE getting involved with them. The repo company was an even bigger joke (American Lenders) I complained to the owner who apologized about the drivers action even asked me if I'd be interested in future repos with the company. Either way CAC is a joke along with there small print

Domin0 Mar 03, 2011

How are their collection practices illegal? Read your contract...BEFORE you sign!

• Us
                      usmc23832 Jan 18, 2011

After explaining my situation every time and agreeing to a payment arrangement 3 days late and van got repossessed. I only owe 3 more months and then it will be paid off. So now I have to pay $600 bucks to get it back. Stay away from Credit Acceptance. Their collections practices are illegal and the repossess at the drop of a dime.

Credit Acceptance poor customer service

I set up auto pay for my car on october 13, 2010 a month before the new auto pay was to take affect. Somehow the auto pay skipped the first payment and it was doing the payment for November 20, 2010. Well needless to say my car was repo'd on Nov. 15 for November's payment.. Called and spoke with numerous people know would help me. Left the sup Eric Armstead numerous messages and was told yeah I got everyone of them I didnt have to call you back because the answer was not gonna change... WOW great customer service Huh!!! Yeah I cant wait until I am threw with them they are a rip off and Poor Poor Poor Poor customer service!

• Mi
                        Middle Class Woman Mar 31, 2011

THEY ARE SORRY !!! I AM TRADING MY CAR OFF

• Tr
                        TristaSmith Mar 14, 2011

Friday afternoon this company took 2 payments out of my bank account for my car. My automatic draft is set up to where they take payments out on the 16th, it was the 10th. I called and they have no idea where the money is and are now saying I have a payment due on the 16th. I have faxed them my itemized bank statement twice which CLEARLY states WU Credit Acceptance took these out of my account and the RUDE lady says, "I just don't see it, we can't refund your money." My awesome bank is going to help me as much as possible, dealing with these cranky people, but honestly now I wish I would not have purchased this car!