CreateSpaceSwitch and bait on quality of paper

R

I self published my book with CreateSpace five months ago. The cover of my proof copy was thick and slick. The pages inside were white and smooth. I ordered 50 copies to start. The cover color was wrong. The background, which is supposed to be pink was yellow. I complained. They replaced the copies, but I had to use some of the copies which were already promised to some people.

I just ordered another 30 copies. The cover color was off, but not as bad as previously. The cover paper is far thinner than the previous books. The inside pages are yellow and rough. The overall look of the book is very poor--what consumer might stereotype as self-published. CreateSpace promises you one thing and you get something far less in quality. It's a switch and bait.