Having problems with AudioBooks.com?

935 Sheldon Court
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AudioBooks.com.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 04, 2019

Audiobooks.com — audiobooks

Like so many others who've complained online, they charged my card immediately upon my signing up, even...

Audiobooks.com — Unauthorized credit card charges

It's a total disappointment. It's an electronic thief and no wonder why a lot of people are complaining about...

Audiobooks.comI was enticed into trying out audiobooks.com by giving me a 30 day trial offer, but i was charged the very same day

I was enticed into trying out audiobooks.com by giving me a 30 day trial offer, but i was charged the very same day. When i called up to inquire about it, I was told that my trial period is over. I told them that the promised trial was for 30 days and I'm appalled at the way they treat customers. I requested a cancellation of my service and issuance of refund, but was told that they shall gladly cancel service but no refunds. This is one totally fraud establishment.

Audiobooks.com — False advertising and unprofessional support

After signing up for Audiobooks.com and paying my membership fee I received an email telling me my account...

www.audiobooks.comRip-off

Buyer BEWARE! I was one of the idiots who signed up for the "free" trial. On the seventh day of the seven day "free" trial I called to cancel the services. Throughout the entire period of the "free" trial, I only had the opportunity to listen to excerpts from two books. Not even entire chapters. Of course I had already been charged for a months service. The basic customer service sends out a lame form letter saying tough luck and the "manager" of the business won't even respond to my inquiry emails! Pretty sucky way to deal with customers. This business is NOT interested in your satisfaction. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

• Wi
        WiffleBall Nov 26, 2012

Definitely stay away from Audiobooks.com! It's a ripoff!

Audiobooks.com is NOT unlimited! My account was suspended for listening to too many books. Audiobooks.com advertises unlimited books to listen to, but if you listen to more than one book a day they WILL suspend you account.

• Ne
        nealeykidsmom Jan 26, 2013

Happened to me also & this is what else happened to me...I started out at $24.95 unlimited (HA!) account was suspended for over-usage. Then they increased the price to $29.95 & of course I was suspended again for over-usage twice. NOW I find I am suspended again. They have changed their plan to 1 book for around $15 a month or 2 books a month for around $23. For those of us who actually listen to audiobooks, I can go through 10 a month or so. Audiobooks.com said that it would be very hard to listen to 7 books a month! (WHAT?) I know people who can sit down & read 7 books a month.

• Je
        Jenn Dodge1 May 21, 2013

It looks like unlimited does not mean unlimited. Here you can see i am an unlimited member in the upper right corner. You can also see that i cannot listen to Game of Thrones because i am not a credit based customer. That makes no sense. Maybe an attorney and judge should clarify it for them.

• Pe
        PeterRustage Mar 21, 2016

Simply Audiobooks Inc changed my Free subscription to $14.95USD per month in September 2013 totaling $600NZD before I realised on 20 March 2016! Payments went automatically through Paypal although I did not authorize them! They refuse to refund my $600NZD!

• Pa
        Paxomuz Jul 08, 2016

agree. very disappointing. value for money is invisible and now I've cancelled my account I can no longer access the books I already paid $15 for. i could have bought them on the high street for $5. total joke.

www.audiobooks.comAudiobooks - Unethical Schmucks

1. This company has misleading advertising, claiming to have books for download that they don't have and leading people to sign up for free trials that are difficult to cancel and lead to credit card charges.
      2. This company refuses to allow you to cancel your membership except through a phone call during certain business hours supposedly for security reasons (although they have no problem with you submitting credit card and personal info to them, which makes the whole security thing a little to fishy).
      3. This company is not accessible to the disabled, despite being a service that would be highly used by the disabled. Their website is highly inaccessible.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY. www.Audible.com is a great as well as SAFE alternative.

• Au
          audiobooks.com Apr 29, 2012

Hi there fellow audio book lover,

We're sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience with Audiobooks.com. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will use your feedback to improve our user experience.
          If you are interested in sharing more feedback, or even giving our service another shot, please get in touch with us.

Ian - General Manager, Audiobooks.com - [protected]@audiobooks.com

• St
          stephanie.insixiengmay May 13, 2012

I completely agree with the first complainer. As they said, the company will lead you on by claiming they have a book you want to read, only to not have it on their site at all. I originally signed up for a trial so I could temporarily use a book for a research paper, only to find the bleeping, lying site didn't have it. I was redirected to Audible.com and told to purchase it from there. And if that weren't enough, they charge way too much. I was just charged $29.99 because I foolishly thought they would give me a seven day trial period, and I waited till the 7th day to cancel. $29.99 a month? Netflix doesn't even charge that much, and their services are valuable than the crappy selection having, misleading, audiobooks.com. Do not sign-up with these punks.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices