Menu

complaints

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Complaints Summary

11 Resolved
25 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with GoodNovel & Books Web Novels, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for GoodNovel & Books Web Novels has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GoodNovel & Books Web Novels. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels complaints 36

Sort by:

Newest GoodNovel & Books Web Novels complaints

J
10:44 am EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Too much money to read. And theft from credit card

It cost me almost 300 dollars in pmtsto read a book which even then I was not finishe d. It had continual updates, ongoing chapters. Which for a while I kept spending money to read. I decided to stop purchasing coins and star on December 19 th that was my final PMT. Well over the next 6 weeks good novel kept taking 10.68 I think it was 10 and some change that I did not authorize. I want my money back. I really want all of it back because no novel is worth several hundreds of dollars to read. But I Will except the last 6 pmts because I did not authorize them.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified GoodNovel & Books Web Novels representatives only. If you are affiliated with GoodNovel & Books Web Novels, please claim your business to access these details.

G
3:07 am EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Unsettled payment

I wantto share my experience with GoodNovel and provide some feedback. While I enjoyed working with the platform, I encountered some challenges regarding the payment of my third MAB and completion bonus, as outlined in my signed exclusive contract.

It has been disappointing not to receive the payment as expected since July 2023. Additionally, I found the communication with the editors to be lacking in responsiveness and clarity. It would have been helpful to have more proactive communication and updates regarding the payment process.

As an author, it's crucial to be fairly compensated for our work, and I believe it's important for GoodNovel to address these payment issues and improve their communication with authors.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope that GoodNovel takes the necessary steps to rectify the situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Claimed loss: $550

Desired outcome: For my payment to be made

Update by Gbolahan Yahaya
Jan 22, 2024 3:10 am EST

I’m an author on goodnovel and want to share my experience with GoodNovel. Unfortunately, I haven't received my third MAB payment and completion bonus since July 2023 as stated in the contract. Communication with the editors has been lacking. It's important for authors to be fairly compensated, so I hope these issues can be resolved.

L
8:06 pm EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels GoodNovel

Disreputable. Hidden costs. 1. Give customer visibility into TOTAL book cost 2. Explain what a “Chapter” represents. Forces readers to purchase by Chapter; cost/length varies (one “Chapter” was 600 words). A chapter by definition, divides the overall book topic into topic-specific sections. The “chapters” in GoodNovel do not respect this.

Claimed loss: 45.00 USD

Desired outcome: Give customer full visibility into the TOTAL cost to start and finish a book they are promoting on their APPThe image is 1 full “page” in a 7-page “chapter.” Ridiculous!!

Hide full review

Is GoodNovel & Books Web Novels legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals GoodNovel & Books Web Novels as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 30% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, GoodNovel & Books Web Novels stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering GoodNovel & Books Web Novels should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: GoodNovel & Books Web Novels achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels has received 9 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for goodnovel.com can be seen as a positive aspect for GoodNovel & Books Web Novels as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of GoodNovel & Books Web Novels's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Goodnovel.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows GoodNovel & Books Web Novels website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Goodnovel.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up GoodNovel & Books Web Novels and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Goodnovel.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

Adult content may be available on goodnovel.com. It is important to be aware of potential risks and to use caution when accessing or engaging with such content.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with GoodNovel & Books Web Novels's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 30% of 22 complaints were resolved.
  • No reviews for goodnovel.com on popular sites. Be cautious and do additional research. Look for information about the GoodNovel & Books Web Novels and be careful with personal information or transactions.
  • GoodNovel & Books Web Novels protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • Our research indicates that GoodNovel & Books Web Novels is associated with high-end brands, a sign of commitment to quality. We encourage you to read through the reviews and complaints to gain a more comprehensive understanding of their offerings and customer experiences.
P
9:38 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels When his eyes opened (novel)

I didn’t set up up an automatic payment on the app and I see that the app did that without my permission and been taking money from my account without my consent.

So I’m reading a novel call, when his eyes open. I purchased as I go along. When I checked my account online days later, I noticed that there was withdrawals from my account that was more than what I had purchased. GoodNovel has withdrawn money from my account that I didn’t purchase.

I have also reported the incident to my bank.

Desired outcome: To be refunded.

H
9:00 am EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Unauthorised credit card charges

On the 14th December, 2023, at 4:55 am, amount of GHS280 was deducted form my account when I had not approve such a transaction. The description given was Google goodnovel [protected]. I also checked my goodnovel account and it has not translated into coins but it has not translated into coins.

I did not authorise it and I want the money refunded.

Claimed loss: GHS280

Desired outcome: Please refund

D
7:19 am EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Rip off

When you are earning coins through daily the chapters are only 15 coins but when you purchase coins I noticed the chapters are less pages and more coins. I think it is kinda a rip because I could have brought this book 5 or 6 times with the amount it cost to get coins. You will lose readers. Charge 1 price for the book. I brought coins and received 1000 but it went so fast. Paying 10 dollars for coins only to have to keep doing it. A book cost between 10 to 24 dollars depending on the book. I rather pay 1 set price and have to whole book available to me. I feel ripped off by the time I get more coins I will have lost interest in the book. It’s sad because so many good books on here. Times are tough so this is too much to afford. To keep up.

Desired outcome: I hope to get to download the whole book without continuing to pay. Or atleast offer more pages each chapter at a lower cost per coins. I get a 1000 coins for 10 dollars but I have to keep buying

S
10:55 am EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Good Novel

I am in total agreement with this site being a scam! I did the same thing. Started a story on FB, and then you have to pay to keep reading. I got to 100% and then got a message saying, "this book is in the process of being serialized". At the moment, I am unable to even finish the book. Then they try to get you to start another novel. Is this a joke?!? Never again! They should be ashamed of themselves! I don't even want to add up how much I paid. You pay 28 coins to read each chapter. You get about 1000 coins for $9.99. The book I was reading had over 2000 chapters. Of course the more you pay, the more coins you get. This should be illegal! What a ripoff!

Claimed loss: Dignity more than money. I was an idiot to pay so much to read a novel, especially one I couldn't even finish. I should be reimbursed all the $ I paid because I couldn't even finish the book! About $400

Desired outcome: Pay me my $ back for scamming me into reading a novel that didn't even have an ending.

J
6:38 pm EST

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Keeps sending me back to chapter one

Hello, several times the app has started me back at chapter one when most recently I was on n chapter 277. It also changed my log in days to one. I’ve been logging in for quite some time. I’ve paid money to read more chapters and it goes to chapter one. I am very frustrated but very happy that I have found a way to at least have someone look at this problem. Thank you so much for your time and understanding. Praying for a good outcome. The novel I’m reading is Married at First Sight. I’m having withdrawal symptoms. Lol. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Get my coins and Bonuses back to use starting at chapter 277. Oh how I’m hoping for this soon.

C
9:03 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Novel the charismatic Charlie wade

On 10/27/23 I started reading a novel by author Lord Leaf. I have now paid $100 U S Dollars to date which is 10/30/2023. I read this novel and am just to chapter 362. I have been told there is over 5000 chapters as chapters are very short at this rate it appears it would cost over $1000.00 to complete this book! I don’t mind being charged and paying for something I enjoy but I believe this to be a total rip off from this company.

Claimed loss: 100 U S Dollars

Desired outcome: Company should be removed from the Apple App Store!!!

K
12:42 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Goodnovel

Started a book titled "When his Eyes Opened", and, after multiple purchases, it abruptly changed to a different book and I did not get to finish it. When I tried to find it, there was no record that I had been reading it.

While the story was interesting, it was riddled with typos, wrong names of people and places. You really need better proofreaders.

Desired outcome: Created of the money spent and an unlocked version to finish the book.

Read full review of GoodNovel & Books Web Novels and 1 comment
1 comment
Mich216
Bakersfield, US
Dec 08, 2023 10:59 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree. I’ve already paid 14.99 and it seem like the coins went super fast and the chapters are really short. I think with over 3000 chapters this book would end up costing almost $1000. It is a rip off.

W
7:48 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Goodnovel app

This is a complete scam and waste of money... I purchased coins to complete a book and it was not complete after 10.00 they asked for more money. It doesn't tell you when the book will be complete or how much money it will cost you to finish it. I figure you will be just spending money on the book in ridiculous amounts and from the reviews I've now read, I see I may be right. I'm aborting the book now before i get to financially invested. This should be against the law. Upset and feeling robbed in Texas

Desired outcome: Refund of money or be able to complete the book

R
10:05 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Good novel

I have paid over $200 to read this book and am not receiving the ability to read the number of chapters paid for, ie. If chapters are 25 coins each and I purchased 1000 coins, I should receive 40 chapters. In fact, I received 17 before being asked to pay for more. There is no way to access my account to see how much money I have spent and what I have received in return.

Desired outcome: Return of money or credit for future reading. I am really thinking this is a scum and I was very slow in realizing it.

S
6:44 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels chapters locked

I have been reading the ebook 'married at first sight" i spent over $500. or more US dollars purchasing coins . I reached to chapter 2358 yesterday. after I purchased 119.00 US,I was able to read chapter 2359 today and again no more chapter. Can you explain it to me. I believe this a rip off. Please issue a refund.

ENOUGH NONSENSE.

[protected]@GMAIL.COM

6:20 am EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Complaint

I have been reading a book and spent over £100 on this for a pathetic 2 chapters 5 pages long on Fridays get 1 chapter and now there have been no chapters

For 4 days and this happened last week no chapters for 5 days then a poxy 3 chapters I find that this is becoming a rip off would not recommend this app to anyone you only have to

Look at the commments from the other readers to see how unhappy everyone is and nothing gets done I wrote a review can’t see it on your reviews this is an absolute con you should be ashamed of yourselves

Desired outcome: Sort out the writer and I suggest you pay people back for the money they have spent

W
2:30 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Good Novel& Books web Novela

I have spent so much money on ONE boo just to get to the end. This company only releases a chapter or two a day AFTER they have already stated that 100% of the book has been revealed. This is the biggest rip off I have ever come across. They charge you “coins” in increments and then do not release the chapters! They state the next chapter is being “serialized”! What a joke!

Desired outcome: My money back!

10:21 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Novel

I started the free read on Facebook which offered a few chapters to to peak your interest . Then it suddenly stopped and said pay to continue so I purchased 500 points to continue. After another 15 minutes of reading it required another 500 points . Before you know it I've spent 20 dollars on a cheaply unrealistic written novel with still no end in site to spending money to finish the story. You get charged 25 points per chapter which would normally be ok but it takes 8 to 10 or more of these tiny 5 to 6 paragraph chapters to equal 1 chapter in any normal book. They don't let you know how many chapters there will be. I'm at chapter 120 something and have only read just over an hour. What a rip off!

Desired outcome: I like reading and would have been a regular subscriber. your intent is not to sell people a book online for10 dollars but to suck every penny you can out of people. no regard for value to the consumer.

7:32 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Goodnovel app

I’m trying to earn points to read by watching videos or add of apps and cash app. I am currently locked in a loop of Cash app video. I have shut my iPad down and re-booted & I’m still on the cash app video waiting for me to answer questions about my use of cash app. I have been in this loop for 2 hours! I need compensation! I don’t wish to take their survey but I want to earn my 1 point to add to my reading bonuses. It was 3 points for five adds, now it is 1 point for 15 adds. This is not an awful app but would like finish this book!

Desired outcome: I want compensation if 3200 bonus points each month until I finish this book Married at First Sight

A
6:56 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels Book review and accepted contract

Good afternoon goodnovel My name is Ariel Jegede and i recently joined good novel my First book is still ongoing and unfortunately i have a complaint .my book has been over the review stage and i have successfully applied for a contract in which i have proof (screenshots)but for some reason i go to upload a new chapter on my book today at 17/9/2023 (05:39:16) and im seeing that the book has been placed under review again and any trace of me applying for an exclusive contract is gone .please what do i do and how can this be fixed because i have filled out the form and posted a picture of my passport according to the necessities that were given to fill out (which is an important personal information)i was in the stage of waiting to get my contract approved by your company pls see to it that this issue is fixed immediately

K
6:19 pm EDT

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels App/book/ purchased chapters lost

So I've been paying for chapters in the Charismatic Charlie Wade When I broke my phone. Unrepairable. Upon arrival Of replacement phone I was able to transfer all Apps. However, once I opened my Good Novel App, I'm back at the beginning of book. I'd paid Up to around chapter 4500 Give or take a few. I've emailed numerous times. Is there no way to recover My lost chapters & continue?

Desired outcome: Return my paid for chapters so I can continue on without paying twice

Read full review of GoodNovel & Books Web Novels and 1 comment
1 comment
Mary Park
, US
Sep 04, 2023 9:00 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I started reading the Married At First Sight and I really enjoyed it but I couldn’t proceed because you needed to use coins to proceed. I let my husband read because I could not understand it. And he said i need to pay to read the next chapters. So my husband bought me 1800 coins for $14.99 cents. I thought the story I read was only 14 coins, so I thought I can finish the whole story by just that $14.99 payment. So up to chapter 87, I could not open again and my husband was disgusted because you are supposed to pay again. So I decided to delete the app from my phone because if you keep on paying, it will cost you possibly over $300.00 to finish the whole story. I checked and it had over 1,000 chapters. Sad but I refused to pay that much. So I went to thrift stores and paid 25 cents for novels. The stories are somewhat similar romance, thriller etc. so if you want to read, go to thrift stores.

C
1:32 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels The need to buy a few chapters of each book at a time!

8-15–2023 - I started reading a book on this Facebook page today thinking that is was a complete book. I am a quick reader and after about 51 chapters, I was locked out and was required to pay to continue reading the book. Okay, so I paid for the book @ $9.99 and received 1000 “bonus points” and continued reading more chapters, So then I get up to 171 chapters and it asked for another payment it will unlock anymore chapters even though I have paid $9.99 and have gained 1000 bonus points, but they aren’t showing up in my total points. About that time a msg. shows up saying those points

are not awarded until Sept.

THIS IS BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.. As a new customer you should at least Be able to finish the book you are reading without having to pay for a book for the same book again.

Carolyn Parris

Desired outcome: I cancelled my subscription when I realized it was a subscription! I would like to complete the book, but it looks like it is just a continuation with additional chapters being written, so that the book never ends!

Overview of GoodNovel & Books Web Novels customer experience

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels (goodnovel.com) is a platform that has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers. The most common complaints include poor customer service, slow website loading times, and a lack of quality control over the content. Users have reported issues with the app crashing, difficulty navigating the site, and a lack of transparency regarding payment and subscription fees. Additionally, many readers have expressed frustration with the quality of the novels available on the platform, citing poor writing, editing, and translation. Overall, GoodNovel & Books Web Novels (goodnovel.com) has a lot of work to do to improve its user experience and reputation in the industry.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

GoodNovel & Books Web Novels contacts