Menu
Biblio Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Biblio
reviews and complaints

www.biblio.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.9 23 Reviews

How responsive is Biblio's customer service?

0 Resolved
4 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that Biblio is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by Biblio's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Biblio has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Biblio reviews and complaints 23

Filter reviews by rating
18 reviews
1 review
Sort by:

Newest Biblio reviews and complaints

12:00 am EDT

Biblio A Haven for Book Lovers

Biblio, Inc. is a treasure trove for book enthusiasts seeking rare and unique finds. With over 100 million used, rare, and out-of-print books available, Biblio connects you with independent booksellers worldwide. While some customers have faced challenges with specific orders, the majority praise the platform for its diverse selection and reliable service. From vintage editions to signed copies, Biblio offers a delightful journey for every bookworm. Explore the world of literature with Biblio and uncover your next literary gem!

6:02 am EDT

Biblio Beautifully customer-focussed & sustainable reliable delivery

I love books. I love used books the most; tangible, previously-loved vessels of thoroughly enjoyable entertainment and for whichever location you choose...

Biblio present as nicely customer-focussed through speedy and friendly service. They also boast reliable and sustainable delivery. 5 stars no less. Thanks for a great first experience! Means everything when it comes to accessing my books!

1:24 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I really thought this was a scam but it's not!

I study in an Ivy league grad program and found 3 books from Biblio at $1-$ + 3 to 4 bucks shipping.

I thought there was no way they would delivery but lo and behold 12 days later they all arrived!

I'm talking about hard bound cover books. 2 in good condition and 1 marked up but still usable.

I'm still shocked. I had super low expectations and i had little to lose paying $12 with paypal loaded cost for $100 worth of books and they all arrived.

Most likely the low score is because ppl don't rate good service.

Is Biblio legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Biblio as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Biblio stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Biblio should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Biblio earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Biblio achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Biblio. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Biblio has received 19 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Biblio has claimed the domain name for biblio.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Biblio.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Biblio.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Biblio have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Biblio and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Biblio protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The registrar associated with Biblio has been found to be used by several spammers and scammers, which could indicate a potential threat to users.
  1. Pros
    3. Fewer deals and discounts than larger competitors
    4. Not as widely recognized or used as major marketplaces
D

Biblio Don't trust negative reviews

Many reviewers here don't understand this is a search engine that connects book buyers with thousands of different book sellers, not all of whom are terribly reliable. I've been selling on-line for well over 20 years, and on Biblio for over 10. Compared to the other sites, I have found them to have the best combination of customer service, solid search engine, and more than a modicum of care for the bookseller and the trade, not just the bottom line. I love ABE, too; the only issue I have with them is Bezos owns it (but fortunately has left it alone). BTW, if you lool up ABE's rating here, it's about the same-- 2 stars. But check out the other ratings on the right, like the Better Business Bureau. Biblio is 4.5 and higher, which is a really good score!

[protected]@ aardbooks

Biblio Great source for Books

Biblio, like ABE, etc is a venue for sellers to sell their books. What I love about it as a seller are it's fair commission rates, the ease of use, and the fact that it isn't owned by Amazon. I love ABE as well but they were bought by Amazon which I can tell you from selling at Amazon is like trying to survive a capricious God. Anyway, many of these reviews are unfair because customers might have encountered a lousy seller which sold them a lousy book. Same thing would hav happened had they bought from that same seller on ABE. Amazon is much worse because there are thousands of people who aren't booksellers and don't know how to describe a book unless it's new. I list on 5 services and this is by far my favorite. I don't sell as often but when I do it's generally my more expensive better books.

Biblio I'm an undercover romantic

I'm an undercover romantic. Nostalgia runs deeply into my soul sometimes. Just sometimes, heh! Reading has always been a pleasure. Biblio connected me to a book I haven't read in 30 years. And the book was in fantastic condition on top of that! Will definitely order from them again. Highly satisfied!

Read full review of Biblio and 3 comments
3 comments
T. Hanrahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Excellent service; fast and easy; I would gladly use them again

AudienceSand
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thank you for making books available to buy online! I was so glad to find you in my search for some not so popular books. I received my order! It was timely & the shape of the book was better than described.

Crampro
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is my first purchase from Biblio*** and certainly will not be my last. The overall quality of their selections and the first-class handling of my order put them in a class apart. When I had a query about my order I was contacted immediately by Biblio and the seller with just the information I needed. My purchase arrived in pristine condition due to the extra care that had been taken with its packaging. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I bought "Assemblages, Environments & Happenings" by Alan K***** and I was really happy with it!

I bought "Assemblages, Environments & Happenings" by Alan K and I was really happy with it! The book arrived just as it was described, with a few minor bumps, but that's not a big deal - it was in great condition! The book arrived within the promised timeframe and was packed very carefully. I'm really glad I purchased it from Biblio!

Read full review of Biblio and 4 comments
4 comments
BizarrePierce
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Great service, fast shiping, and item as described. Will do business with Biblio again.

A. Viola
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

the rather esoteric book arrived in timely manner, well-packaged, and conformed precisely to its condition as advertised.

W. Sisson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have only positive experiences with the booksellers on this site. I have ordered books from multiple dealers over the past two years. The website and search engine features are easy to navigate.

Bester
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hey, just wanted to let you know how pleased I was with my recent order. I was concerned when I looked at the mailbox and saw a padded mailer for a hardcover book. Especially since it was a first edition. But, I was surprised to unwrap it and see the care taken to ensure it arrived safely. Thank you for your time; effort; and caring in doing so. VERY much appreciated.

Biblio Ah, Biblio!

Ah, Biblio! Five stars for sure because these people care. Not only did they have a rather esoteric book I needed, but they checked to be sure it arrived safely. The book actually went on a small side trip but eventually did make it to me. I appreciated the caring attitude! Fine folks to do business with !

Read full review of Biblio and 4 comments
4 comments
A. Newman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered 4 books from this company and am very happy with the items received. They arrived promptly, well packaged and in far better condition than I had anticipated. The customer service was prompt and helpful. Will definitely order from these people again!

ChampTeenie
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wonderful easy to find books, and came in great condition!

A. Torrence
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Everything worked out well. Product as promised. And delivered in good time, despite COVID.

BunnyBroadway
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My book was never opened and cost was 1/2 cost anyplace else. I HIGHLY recommend biblio! Will buy again and again.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Thank you, Biblio.com, for sending me a 1st edition of "The Pride of Palomar" by Peter B

Thank you, Biblio.com, for sending me a 1st edition of "The Pride of Palomar" by Peter B. Kyne. According to your description, this book has been cherished since its release in 1921. I don't mean just placed on a bookshelf and left unread, but truly treasured. And indeed, it was! I will continue this tradition by keeping it on my bookshelf. Thank you so much, Biblio.com.

Read full review of Biblio and 3 comments
3 comments
A. Camper
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio is the best of the search engines for books. They offer a wide range of booksellers to choose from, but even more importantly, they do a great job of providing customer service if you ever get a book that does not measure up to the description. I really appreciate that you can both email and call Biblio to obtain help from their customer service department. I have purchased thousands of books over the years and I have found Biblio to be the most reliable partner in my collecting efforts.

Crosys
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Excellent business. Great offerings of seelers to choose from. Great customer service, highly reccommended.

ChilledJaden
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Very easy to use. Placed my order, paid online, and received my order in a reasonable time. Uncomplicated. Used books at reasonable prices.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I've been locating, and purchasing books via Biblio (and their booksellers) for about 7 or 8 years now

I've been locating, and purchasing books via Biblio (and their booksellers) for about 7 or 8 years now. I continue to be pleased with the excellent service. The descriptions of the books are accurate, the prices are fair (in my opinion, of course), and the selection overwhelming. I will continue to use Biblio for my "go to" book search engine, and purchasing platform.

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Hey, just wanted to let you know how pleased I was with my recent order

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Accurate condition description and reasonable

Accurate condition description and reasonable. The descriptions from the booksellers on condition have been accurate and the prices are always great. They communicate and ship within a reasonable amount of time. I would like it if they showed a picture of the exact edition/publication of the book as I am OCD and like my book series to be from the same year of publication but, 🤷🏼‍♀️

Biblio Biblio.com continues to excel

Biblio.com continues to excel. We've been loyal customers for years. In the very few instances that we've required the assistance of Biblio's customer service, they have been quick and diligent in resolving any problems. Biblio's staff could hold classes on how customer service works. We're also happy to be able to participate in Biblio's charities. Simply can't find enough compliments for the good folks at Biblio.com.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I buy a lot of books, most of which are at the lowest price end of the scale

I buy a lot of books, most of which are at the lowest price end of the scale. But I occasionally spring for a big one. Either way, Biblio not only provides one of the better online selections, but also maintains a close relationship to the actual sale. Several sites offer items from databases rather than actual booksellers any question beyond the listing would be unanswerable. In terms of quality and scope, Biblio performs the best.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Happened to think of a book I loved as a child, about making a 'science' workshop in your backyard

Happened to think of a book I loved as a child, about making a 'science' workshop in your backyard. With all the emphasis these days on getting out and exploring nature, I was curious to re-read, share with the young 'uns in my life. Looked it up on another book site, it was available, but much too expensive. Found exactly what I wanted on Biblio, at a great price! Placed my order, no problems, and received my book in a very timely manner!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Biblio is the best of the search engines for books

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I only recently found this website, Biblio where have you been all my life?

I only recently found this website, Biblio where have you been all my life? Due to health issues some of my hobbies have been curtailed. Along comes Biblio to feed my reading habit! For just over $100 I built up my collection of my favorite author, John O'Hara, many of his books are out of print. All the individual sellers packed up their books with care. I came home from work one day and my husband was amazed at a beautiful book with 3 wrappings. If you care about books this is the place to go.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio First time patronizing Biblio and I received both books exactly as described

First time patronizing Biblio and I received both books exactly as described. These books were out of print and hard to find, but Biblio came to the rescue! I purchased the books at a great price and in pristine condition. I am very pleased with my purchases and will continue to patronize Biblio. They even personally reached out after the order to confirm my receival of the books and that I was happy, which I, of course, was extremely pleased. That is a rare quality that nowadays most businesses don't exhibit. Patronize Biblio and help booksellers!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio Biblio.com has given me access to a half dozen books that were either hard to find or over-priced on other internet

Biblio.com has given me access to a half dozen books that were either hard to find or over-priced on other internet sites. To find and receive, for a reasonable price, a book you've been seeking for a long time is a genuinely delightful and satisfying experience. Their website is user friendly, you get an email receipt with all the relevant details, the tracking of the mailed books is clear and easy to follow, and they arrive exactly when they're supposed to. I plan to use Biblio.com as a got-to resource frequently and I'm confident that I can get there most of what I want (in my case, theology and philosophy), and support independent book sellers rather than mega-corporations in the process. It's a great service!

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio I have been trying multiple times to get the address to return the book for a refund

I have been trying multiple times to get the address to return the book for a refund. Today, the post office informed me that the address I had was not valid. On January 25, 2021, I ordered the 10th Edition of the Student Manual Theory & Practice Counseling & Psychotherapy by Gerald Corey. I received the item about 14 days later and realized it was the wrong edition. I started emailing on February 7, 2021, to request the return process and address. On February 9, 2021, I was informed that I would have to pay for shipping and a restocking fee of 20%. However, they did not provide the book return address. I then messaged Biblio on Facebook to obtain this information, and also contacted ***. I initially sent the message to ***, as it was the email of the book seller and the Biblio website instructed to contact them. Since they did not provide the address after replying to the email, I tried to get it through Biblio. Finally, on February 16, 2021, Biblio (Kat) provided me with an address to return the book to: ***, CA 90290. I went to the post office on February 17, 2021, where they informed me that there was no such address. I then emailed BOTH *** and ***, and textbookforyou provided me with this address: ***. I am unsure where exactly to send the book now and I am concerned that it may not work or that I may not receive a refund. I have been trying to resolve this issue for 10 days now. My Biblio order number is ***, placed on January 25, 2021. The email states that the manual was shipped from textbookforyou in CA, US, but does not provide any other details or a phone number to contact them. At this point, I am requesting that they send me a prepaid return address label and provide a full refund of $74.12 due to the excessive amount of time and lack of clear information in order to return this manual. I was initially willing to pay a restocking fee, but I am no longer willing to do so as I have made numerous frustrating attempts to obtain the necessary information to return the book. I have run out of time and patience with this highly frustrating process and the incorrect information provided.

Read full review of Biblio and 1 comment
1 comment
P
P
P. Dias
Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Biblio requested additional funding for a "price change" after the purchase was completed based on the listed price. On 01/22/20, I, along with other members of my class, ordered a textbook from this company for about $33. That was the listed price and all of our purchases went through. We then received an email on 01/23/20, asking us for an additional charge of $22 because of a "price change." If the price changes after we made a purchase, then they should honor the agreed upon price, or it should be labelled as false advertising. They claim to be accredited by the BBB, but this is not a Better Business practice.

Biblio In-depth Review

In summary, Biblio.com is a unique platform that caters to a wide range of readers, from casual to collectors. It offers a substantial selection of books, including rare finds, and maintains a user-friendly website. While pricing can be competitive, the value is often found in the rarity and quality of the books offered. Customer service is attentive, and the company has a strong commitment to community and sustainability. Now, let's delve into the specifics.

Website Usability and Design

The website is quite easy to navigate, with clear categories and an intuitive layout. The visual appeal is modest but functional, focusing on the books rather than flashy design elements. Mobile responsiveness is good, making it convenient to browse and shop on various devices.

Selection and Variety of Books

1. The range of genres is impressive, catering to diverse tastes.
  2. It is a treasure trove for rare and collectible books.
  3. New releases and bestsellers are not the main focus but are available.

Pricing and Value for Money

Prices can be higher than some competitors, but the value for money is justified by the uniqueness of the books. Deals and discounts are occasionally offered, and shipping costs are reasonable with various options available.

Search Functionality

The search results are accurate, and the site offers advanced search options to narrow down choices. Filtering and sorting features help in finding the perfect book.

Product Descriptions and Information

Book descriptions are detailed and accurate, providing a good sense of the book's condition, which is always clearly stated. Book previews are not consistently available.

Customer Service and Support

Customer service is quite responsive to inquiries and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Various support channels are available, including email and phone.

User Reviews and Feedback

User reviews seem authentic and trustworthy, though the volume of feedback varies by book. Overall, there is a sense of customer satisfaction.

Payment Options and Security

There is a good variety of payment methods accepted, and the site appears to have robust security measures in place. Their privacy policy is comprehensive, ensuring data protection.

Shipping and Delivery

Delivery timeframes are reasonable, and books arrive well-packaged. International shipping is available, which is a plus for global customers.

Return Policy and Refunds

The return policy is clear and fair, and the process for making returns is straightforward. Refunds are issued in a timely manner.

Community Involvement and Sustainability

Biblio.com supports local bookstores and has commendable environmental initiatives. Their community outreach programs further enhance their reputation.

Loyalty Programs and Incentives

There are rewards for frequent buyers and membership benefits, including special promotions for loyal customers.

Company History and Reputation

Biblio.com has a solid background and has grown significantly. While specific industry awards and press coverage are not detailed, the general public perception is positive.

Overall Shopping Experience

The buying experience is generally positive, with a few areas for improvement. It stands out for its selection of rare books compared to other online bookstores.

Final Verdict

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. Pros: Excellent selection of rare and collectible books, good customer service, commitment to sustainability. Cons: Higher prices, limited previews. Suitability: Ideal for collectors and those seeking unique books, less so for those looking for bargains or mainstream bestsellers.

How to file a complaint about Biblio?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against Biblio - www.biblio.com on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with Biblio in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Biblio. Include key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, etc.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Follow these steps to effectively file a complaint against Biblio - www.biblio.com on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Biblio customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Biblio?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Biblio Customer Service. Initial Biblio complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Biblio above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Biblio. Discuss the issues you have had with Biblio and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.