Having problems with CreateSpace?

CreateSpace reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 21, 2009. The latest review This is not a complaint!!! was posted on Dec 30, 2016. The latest complaint User Review was resolved on Nov 27, 2013. CreateSpace has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 6 reviews. CreateSpace has resolved 3 complaints.

CreateSpace Customer Service Contacts

4900 Lacross Rd
North Charleston, South Carolina

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CreateSpace Customer Service. Initial CreateSpace complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CreateSpace above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CreateSpace. Discuss the issues you have had with CreateSpace and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CreateSpace Complaints & Reviews

CreateSpaceThis is not a complaint!!!

This is not a complaint!!! You need to test the waters yourself and I found no issues using create space. I thought everything was easy and efficient. I chose create space because it is an amazon company as well. I do not know about you but, I do know that trashing someone's name based on a mistake or unintentional actions. It just might be that we are not perfect and with that understanding, people make mistakes. Therefore, give them a chance to fix it . Quit complaining, it did not cost you a dime for their time not knowing if your book is good enough to sell. Just saying!!!

CreateSpace — Switch and bait on quality of paper

I self published my book with CreateSpace five months ago. The cover of my proof copy was thick and slick...

CreateSpacePosting False Statistics on my Dashboard

(Please see prior post)

I have been advertising my book on social media; Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

I am somewhat popular on Instagram, having built a following of over 10, 000 in less than 5 months (No, I haven't bought my followers)

I decided to hashtag my name, and have followed my exposure throughout the Instagram community. I recently peeked at 220, 000, 000 views of my posts, which are mostly poems.

People follow me for my content. Many have asked where they can purchase copies of my books.

CreateSpace sales statistics are all goose eggs.

I hold a double degree in IT and Applied Mathematics.

If .00001% of the people my advertisement has reached purchased a book, then I would have sold 22 books. Um, .00001% is virtually ZERO.

The CreateSpace dashboard is a fiction, and so are the statistics on Amazon's Author Central.

And, just for yucks, the day I posted adds for my books on Instagram, Amazon coincidently changed the price for one of my books. The were holding a promo for $1.99 per copy, and within less than an hour they increased the book to the full price.

Hmmm, 'wonder why?

And I wonder just how much Amazon/CreateSpace has stolen from it's Publishers. Yes, according to the contract, the indie is the Publisher, and Amazon/CreateSpacce is our printer/distributor.

Again, this post is factual, which is more than can be said about Amazon's/CreateSpace's author financials .

Best Regards,

Marc Libidinsky

sarah hatch Jan 17, 2019

i cannot buy my author books on create space no more without paying full price.

CreateSpace — User Review

This is a review, not a complaint. I've been looking for a good way to self-publish a couple of book...

CreateSpaceShipping Fraud

November 2010, I chose CreateSpace as a way to get my book on Amazon.com market and after getting the book through the processes of approval I ordered a rough copy of my book for review and discovered with shock that CreateSpace shipping prices were four times more expensive than any other shipping price. I had previously ordered my books from other self publishing (SP) companies so that is how I could compare prices.
      CreateSpace regular ground shipping was over two times the price compared to the other SP co. express shipping. FedEx, UPS, DHL and other mail shipping services have standard prices for shipping. It is profoundly clear that CreateSpace has added their own extra charges for their extra profit. This easily contitutes fraud. It is outrageous!
      I have notified CreateSpace of this and told them that any business with them will be put on hold or resigned until they change their shipping and any other possible fraudulent policies they may have.
      Below are two self explanatory pictures comparing the prices. Judge for yourself!

Shipping Fraud
      Shipping Fraud

• Th
          Thomas Jun 20, 2011

Update regarding Createspace postal charges; It seems Createspace has adjusted postal prices down to competitive levels compared to former complaint. Thomas Hawk Hellstrom

CreateSpace — Scammers

In August I entered into business with CreateSpace for the purpose of printing and selling books I wrote...