County MotorsportsDidn't return calls after I purchased

At the end of May 2008, I ordered online a Roketa 250cc Touring Scooter from County Motorsports LLC, 727 Clovis Avenue, Clovis, CA 93612. I placed the order at www.countyimports.com.

Due to limited supply, I had to provide two colour choices. When I saw the scooter was ready to ship, I emailed them to see if they could tell me which colour I got so that I could order a matching helmet. They never responded. No big deal.

When I checked back and saw the scooter had shipped, I wanted to know what preparations I should make since I was having this delivered to my office location and would ride it home. I assumed it would need gas but would it need oil or any other fluids before I could ride it? I could not find the answer on the website so I emailed them. No response. I called and got a reception that transferred me to voice mail. No response. I called again a different day and just had to leave a message. No response. I emailed the technical department. No response. By that time, the scooter had arrived and I had to "wing it" as the owner's manual was the worse I've ever tried to follow.

I also was looking for my title since it was supposed to go out right after I submitted my request--which was the day after the scooter arrived. A couple of weeks went by and I didn't get it. I emailed to see if they had even got the request and got no response to that. It finally showed up in time for me to sign it up to the new buyer.

I hope the new buyer has better luck than I did. Maybe they are more self-sufficient and won't have any questions because they won't get ANY customer service if they have my experience.

• Fr
    frank Aug 15, 2008

COUNTY MOTORSPORTS IS A BIG SHAM !!! THERE ARE NO 50+ PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! There is NO customer service. I repeat NO customer service!!! Once you place your order you are on your own. Don't be fooled by the fancy website. Once they have your money you are on your own. IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR ANYTHING THEY SELL, I WOULD ADVISE TO GO ELSEWHERE. SHOP FOR SERVICE. DEAL WITH PEOPLE THAT AREN'T AFRAID TO ANSWER THE PHONE!! FUNNY WHEN YOU CALL THIS PLACE TO PLACE AN ORDER THE CALL DOESN'T EVEN GO TO COUNTYMOTORSPORTS IT GOES TO AN ORDER TAKING COMPANY. (they take your order for your 4 wheeler inbetween cals for a SHOWTIME set it and forget it and four jars of Oxyclean. Totally unbelievable!!!

chich Sep 17, 2008

Dealing with this company is fairly rediculous. Nobody is ever there, there is no support, no sales, no returned phone calls, no nuttin. My guess is that it's one guy running it out of his apartment and all product is sent by Chinese distributors.

• S
    S Sep 19, 2008

County Motorsports is a huge pain in the A__! After receiving my bike, I got to ride it twice before it broke down. There was no support (or even a call back) from this dealer. I finally got it running after replacing a part, but still have not received the MSO. I requested it 3 months ago, and there has been no response to my numerous emails. DO NOT BUY FROM COUNTY MOTORSPORTS!!!

christalshorse Oct 02, 2008

I have had them served and am taking them to court, on Oct. 30th in Hemet, Ca anyone want to join? email me @
    [email protected]

• Co
    comeonnowpeople Oct 07, 2008

A message from CMS - [email protected] - your taking us to counrt because you want us to pay labor on a clerly marked PARTS ONLY WARRANTY. Now this is a given when purchasing online andn PUTTING THE ATV TOGETHER YOURSELF. I am sorry but no dealership would labor warranty your work if you put it together. The sad part is you had no problem buying it at 1/2 price and now that your expected to actuaully maintain this machine and work on it you have changed your mind. I would be very carful as when you come to my court on 10/30 you will be reminded of this legal policy you agreed to once again. sadly badmouthing and deliberatly tarnishing our reputation after over 15000 customers naturally all you ever hear is the bad. Now I see 3 people on here and the complaints are rather small and during our busiest months. whats your escuse? Anyone have a problem or question with reguards to this company please feel free to call our staff M-F 9-5 PST. We have been here longer than ANY OTHER ONLINE DEALER and will remain as we do have good business ethics and its sad that some people think they they deserve someone to pay labor when its clearly stated we do not. Expeically when the bike is wholesale, assembled by yourself and most likely incorrectly assembled. If I rememeer correctly your 400 4x4 came with assy instructions. also please note we did not MFG your bike. why is this your not taking the dealer to court? everyone please go read www.bmsmotor.com and read the MFG warranty. it states PARTS ONLY NO LOBOR. We have sincerely tried to explain and warn this customer but rules do not apply to this person. 15000 served!

Jesse Gonzales
    559-255-7823

To respond to anyone else commenting please gather real information before posting. This is called slander and thus its not right. especially if the dealer is actually there but our sales volume is high due to the low price and the simple fact there are 50 people in this company. There are 20 phones and after hour 24/7 live support. Please call us at the number above anytime during business hours and if the department you are trying to reach is busy please press "0" for an operator. We work very hard to please our 15, 000 customers and we actually are the LARGEST AFFORDABLE MOTORSPORTS DEALER IN THE ENTIRE USA. we have worked very hard to get there and will continue to give jsut service. Please remember folks we are carrying out the MFG warranty. Somthing to note is the MFG generally does not warranty online customers but we have convinced them otherwise. Instead of being rude we should all appreciate the goal we are trying to acquire.I am however always open to discuss this further.

urglavi Oct 17, 2008

I am the person who hasn't received the trunk he was supposed to get with the GSR-150. I would agree with Jesse above, but no one answers the phone when you call. You are forwarded to a voicemail and that is always full. THEN you are disconnected. When y0o email most of the people, they do not respond. I mean really, how busy are you? If you are doing that much business, I would like a piece of the action. With all the people you say you have on staff, you should be able to answer emails. A forty hour week is a terrible thing to waste. Maybe the people on your payroll should actually try working!!! Maybe, you should monitor what everyone is doing and then come back with the real story. It's slander if it is NOT true. I have my records. I have paperwork saying I am to receive a trunk with my scooter and that it is included in the price. But right now I only have the paperwork cause I STILL HAVE NO TRUNK!!!

PS. Check the phones...all twenty of them...they, or the people on them are not working.

urglavi Oct 23, 2008

I e-mailed Jesse two days ago. Like all my other attempts I have still not received and answer. Unfortunately, I also took the time to check out county motorsports/ county imports on the BBB website. They are currently running at an F rating. The F does not stand for Fantastic, its more like FUBAR. I will continue to post complaints on as many websites as I can until I have been satisfied.

urglavi Nov 12, 2008

I finally got my trunk on November 12th. I had to file a complaint with the BBB. The trunk just showed up in the mail .

I was not thrilled with the whole ordeal but at least I got my trunk.

• 6z
    6zbeast Apr 15, 2009

I was going to order a scooter from County Motor sports (I was impressed with their site, and the ability to buy a two year warranty since scooters are notorious for breaking down) and gave them a call to confirm a few details. The woman who answered said she would have a "senior sales rep" get back to me, but that was two days ago. I thought I would keep trying until I read the response from Jesse Gonzales. It did not seem very professional at all, or reasonable. You can't sell these bikes unassembled and then not provide some strong customer service. That scared me off. I need to know I can call with questions, in fact I have no problem paying extra for that. The nature of your business is one that because you sell them in boxes, to keep your reputation tight, you have to have someone to answer the phones. Otherwise dont' sell to the public if you can't take the heat, and limit your sales to dealers. To sell the the public without providing increased service is irresponsible, and should not be allowed.

joe Jun 14, 2009

I am a new customer who, also, was duped by the great website. I ordered a scooter on 5/23/09 and have since received NOTHING. I mean NO answers to email, voice messages, tracking info, scooter...NOTHING. It certainly didn't take them long to charge my credit card though and then put some lame ### excuse for the delay on my "order page" stating they were waiting for funding from my credit card. BS! It has already funded to them! I just emailed (can't leave a voice message since it's full or something) them telling them to cancel my order and now will file a dispute with my credit card company. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY ARE TOTAL FLAKES!

• Ks
    K Silver Jul 14, 2009

I have also been burned by this company. Joe, Did you ever receive your scooter??? We sent a cashiers check on June 24th 2009, they received and signed for it on June 29th and it was cleared through the bank on June 30th. Since then we have received no response from them at all. I wish I was able to afford to purchase from a dealer as there you can get answers and some sort of customer service. Every time I call or email there is absolutely no response, if the company really has 50 + people working for them as Jesse says above, then he really needs to monitor what they are doing. At this point since we do not get any response and it has been weeks since they cashed our check I have contacted the Clovis Police Department and the BBB says they have an F rating and that is the worst it can get. I have also contacted Clovis City Chamber of Commerce and have been directed to contact California District Attorney's office to file a complaint. We have contacted a lawyer as of today July 14, 2009 and will see what we need to do.
    I just got off the phone with an officer from Clovis Police Department and she went over to the actual business for me and it is empty with a sign on the door stating they are out of business due to the poor economy! They left an address and phone # for services which I have called and I left a message with Al from Midcal Motorsports. Lets see if we can get anywhere from him!
    County Motorsports and Jesse Gonzales need to be out of business since they are crooks! I will be filing in Civil Court to try to get our money back! Bunch of A__holes!
    K Silver

• Ks
    K Silver Jul 15, 2009

I spoke to Clovis Police Department again today and was patched through to an officer that drove by the place of business and Jesse's wife, Carrie was there, the officer was there over an hour. I only wish I was able to sit and watch this whole deal. In the end they have promised to send me the 3 Quads, although I would rather get my money back and be done with them, and Carrie is to call me by tomorrow with the tracking # and the freight company name.
    Then I wonder if the title will ever come.
    Anyway, I will post more if I actually get my 3 quads and the actual ones we ordered.
    K Silver

• Pa
    pawpaw Jul 30, 2009

i like everyone bought a peice of junk from them...and the one who said they have 50 people and 20 phones please tell the rest of us how to get threw...i have tried for 7 months now...still get nothing...so i am stuck with a 2000 dollar peice of junk i still can not ride

• Kn
    knutesonc Aug 10, 2009

• 24
    247086 Sep 02, 2009

why not contact the DA directly? Investigations Division: 559-488-3141 ask for Randy Waltz. They are ...good luck getting merchandise and/or paperwork or support after the sale. If it were ME, my choice is to NOT give them a dime because I believe I will never see it again!

KERRI SILVER IS A PYSCHOTIC ### WHO LIVES IN PUYALLUP WASHINGTON

TO THIS PERSON:

"THEY ARE BEING QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE AND ARE UNDER LEGAL INVESTIGATION. NEVER BUY FROM THEM. I BOUGHT A SCOOTER IN JUNE AND HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A MSO/MCO. THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS IN EARLY JULY. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS CONTACT CLOVIS CALIFORNIA POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEY WILL DIRECT TO THE RIGHT PERSON. AGAIN, THIS SITE IS A SCAM DO NOT BUY FROM THEM."

YOUR A ###ING ###! THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS WEINER SO GET YOUR TITLE FROM THE MFG JUST LIKE WE ALL DID...ITS A LOT EASIER THEN TYPING ON SOME FORM ### ABOUT IT.

KERRI SILVER Sep 03, 2009

### ALL YOU WHINY MOTHER ###ERS ON THIS FORUM...I HOPE YOU ALL GET NOTHING!!!

joe Sep 03, 2009

Dude, you're the psychotic one. Bet you worked for County Motorsports, huh? Loser. Hope your ### gets sued BIG TIME.

• Ju
    just_not_right Feb 20, 2010

This site is still taking orders.. I emailed them and got one reply asking what I wanted and where to be sent to, I told him what I was looking for, and never heard from them again.. I sent about 5 more emails and after weeks still no response.. Feb 20 2010
    Now that I read this, I'm glad I didnt deal with these crooks.

tinamo Apr 10, 2010

Does anyone have the latest on these crooks? Is there a lawsuit going on against the at the moment? They have merchandise that I never received since 2008. I may be emailed at [email protected]

• Dn
    Dnyce Jun 27, 2010

This company is supposedly operating as a DBA. Buggy World, county imports, San West Inc. etc. are all one in the same company. I was fortunate to get my money back within 48 hours of putting in an order with them. As soon as I read some of the complaints, I realized that was some of the same issues I was already experiencing with them. I keep getting the same person, Justin who is quick to return your call and take your money. But as soon as they have your money is where your problems start. I was lucky to get my money back before I got caught up in their mess.

Also their 6 step email by a real person is really an automated system they have going. I doubt that there is enough people working there to handle all the calls they get and complaints they receive afterwords. You never how many websites they have with different names. So I would search online first and don't bother with the BBB rating that you see. It may say A rate but it is definitely not an accredited business. And that is what's important when validating them. I got caught up in the vague information about their complaints and the reason behind their A rating.

tinamo Jun 27, 2010

ALL I CAN SAY IS DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS. The person or persons who are using their limited vocabulary to support the company are probably affiliated and this is exactly the way they deal with their customers. Our experiences with them are real and have been a nightmare.

christalshorse Jul 01, 2010

Yes I am out 3, 500.00 I took them to small claims court, where the owner showed up and promised to fix the brand new non working ATV and all as I can say is its 2010 and I still have a new unusable ATV and this was in 2007 Julie his wife threatened me verbally on the phone and it went on and on. There is no end in sight for this guy and his wife. He just keeps reopening his business in new names. I do not understand how these guys arent in jail by now!!!
    If anyone wants to put together a large suit please email me and lets get it going.
    [email protected]

christalshorse Jul 01, 2010

I am going to contact the DA directly, we have to stop this!!!

tinamo Jul 02, 2010

I'm with you christalhorse! Let's see who else will join the fight. Let us know what the outcome is if the DA can help?

• La
    lajordan31 May 25, 2011

i read this site, and i am very happy that i have found this site. i was about to buy a scooter from county imports, after i reading all that posting, i will not be buying from there, and i will tell my friends not too. however can someone tell me a good online place to buy scooter from?
    ( email me at [email protected])

tinamo May 25, 2011

@ lajordan31. I have heard that it is very unwise to buy on-line, and I must say that after my experience, I would never do it again. Good luck finding what you want, but please be careful because it may seem like a better deal but you never really know who you're dealing with. tinamo

gladilookedherefirst May 29, 2011

county motors sports, saferwholesale.com, scooterdepot.com
    all seem to sell the same items, the websites are all generally the same layout, i saw a motocycle, the jinlun 250cc sportbike for sale on scooterdepot.com, was gonna purchase it a week later, but didn't see it on the web page anymore, went on the live computer support to ask about it and the knew nothing about it, and now i see the same sportbike on these other sites like countymotorsorts, and saferwarehouse.com. It all just seems like shaam. glad i lookfor complaints before i handed over my credit card number. Who every is fileing complaints, type ( mopeds that look like motorcycles) into google search and you'll find some other site with all the same layouts and products, probably from same person or company

gladilookedherefirst May 29, 2011

sorry its saferwholesale.com not saferwarehouse.com and look at the advertisement at the top of this page of the complaint site, it's saferwholesale.com, check out the mopeds and motorcycles on the site, pretty similar to the junk people are complaining about, thats weird

gladilookedherefirst May 29, 2011

check out the advertisement at the top of this complaint board webpage, it's saferwholesale.com, bet its the same person, ceck out their inventory

tinamo May 29, 2011

Thank God you were wise enough to do that. I would never trust buying on the web. There is no reason why these people would suddenly become honest. They will rename themselves and continue to cheat people out of their money.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices