Costco Wholesale Corporationfood court cheese (container) for chili

Date of occurrence: 10/27/2017
Time: approximately 10:29am
Location: Costco Business Center @ 6333 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, California 90040

I purchased chili which came with a side of cheese in a small plastic container. I ate some cheese from the container and I tasted something bitter. I quickly spit out the cheese and the bitter taste in my mouth. As a result, the front of my tongue went numb, started to tingle and my stomach feels sore. I'm not sure how severe the situation is at this point and felt the need to write this email. I wanted to let you know that if my tongue continues to tingle and my stomach continues to feel sore, I will be seeking medical attention.

I contacted Kevin Buckley at 10:59 am, manager at Costco and he indicated to me that he would gladly refund my money and will compensate me with a pizza.

I think given this situation, the food court/products should be looked into and/or evaluated for the cleanliness of the product. I believe the Department of Food and Safety also needs to review the products being used at this site to ensure any further instances such as this.

Thank you for your attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions.

Sincerely,