CostcoEnforcing Masks/Limiting # of children

S Apr 29, 2020

To whom it may concern:

I have been a Costco member for seven years and appreciate being able to shop at the warehouses. They have great bulk and health food options for my family. I also have used Costco extensively for resale for my small Utah business.

However, today I want to file a formal complaint with Costco management. I am NOT in support with enforcing shoppers to wear a mask. This is ridiculous and unnecessary. The economy is trying to open back up and people need to get back to normal life. A mask should not be the new normal. If people are ill, let them decide to stay home. But if they feel well, do not enforce us to cover our faces. This is a drastic step that will lead to the eventual loss of our humanity, compassion, unity and FREEDOM!

I also have been quite disappointed in the limiting the number of children allowed with you on your trip. As a mother to a few little ones, it is not always possible to find a babysitter. This is taking it too far.

In response to these new requirements, I feel it will be necessary for me to ask for a refund of my membership fee. I will not be supporting Costco until these restrictions are lifted. I hope that the company will see the lack of support in these measures and start to support the people's freedom!

Sincerely,

Sharon Jenson
Knight Steals LLC
Utah Costco Member since 2013
[protected]@gmail.com

• Lb
    lbauer May 24, 2020

I am in full agreement. We just walked out of The Colorado Springs Costco. I surely don't need to shop at Costco and I spend more money than I should there. I’m pretty furious that they want to oppress their shoppers. It’s funny they previously did not require masks. On May 6th the media didn’t wear masks. But starting May 7th they all started wearing masks (when on camera). Same date Costco began requiring them. I’ll continue to shop at Sam’s instead!

• Mo
    momofthree83 Aug 14, 2020

Here in NC, children are not required to where mask, but our Costco in Raleigh, NC requires children over 2yrs old to wear mask. This goes against CDC recommendations, and local orders. Not only the mask requirements, the employees have been extremely rude. They bark orders, wear gloves touching numerous people's items and continue to go from cart to cart without thought of cross contamination from customer to customer. If Costco is going to DEMAND their customers to wear mask, stand on the dots where you can not see how things ring up, then at the very least do not cross contaminate with your gloves from cart to cart. As I approached a Supervisor, I was sternly instructed to stand on the dot before he would even discuss anything with me. I use to prefer Costco over Sam's Club, have been a member of our Costco almost since it opened, but feel my time and money will be better spent somewhere else. At least I won't be paying to shop somewhere that the employees are rude and treat the customer as a nuisance. This occurred on the last three visits to the store - not just a single incident.