Menu
Costa Coffee Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Costa Coffee
reviews & complaints

www.costa.co.uk

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 499 Reviews

Costa Coffee Complaints Summary

32 Resolved
467 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Costa Coffee with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Costa Coffee has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Costa Coffee. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Costa Coffee reviews & complaints 499

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Costa Coffee reviews & complaints

K
5:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Costa Coffee Caramel coconut latte, earl grey, white chocolate skinny, latte de caf, latte de caf

On Tuesday 26th October 2021 I visited Costa Coffee Oxted to order 5 coffee's. On arrival back at my place of work I realized all the coffees were half full and a little less than warm. This was quite a large order which came to around £15. Myself and my colleagues are regulars at this coffee shop as our place of work is in the same high street. This has happened on more than one occasions hence making a complaint.
Also, there were no drinks holders or oat milk, making the switch of orders complicated.

Desired outcome: refund please

N
10:38 am EDT

Costa Coffee Ham and Cheese Toastie and Caramel Cappuccino

On the 2nd October 2021/Saturday morning I went into the Dewsbury Branch of Costa. I ordered and paid for 2 cheese & ham toasties & 2 caramel cappuccinos. I was telling my friend/work colleague (we were working together that morning) that Costa are always really lovely and that she should try them as she wouldn't be disappointed! The walk from the Dewsbury Branch of Costa to my place of work takes literally 2 minutes. When we opened our drinks however they were both barely warm. We did not have any facilities to heat our drinks (microwave) albeit we could put some hot water in. Sadly however it did not make them taste very nice and we could not drink them. Unfortunately the same had to be said for the cheese & ham toasties. My friend threw hers in the bin. I did the same but not before taking a photo of the inside of the sandwich which showed not only poor ingredients but very little of the same. I have never felt compelled to write such a complaint but I was massively disappointed not only with the fact I had recommended Costa to my friend but mainly due to the fact that neither she nor I could either drink or eat what we had paid for. I attach a copy of the photograph I took. I look forward to hearing from you with your comments. Kind regards Danni Dickinson

Desired outcome: Not least a refund of what the items cost

E
12:55 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Costa express coffee machine in -Spar Buckley Brunswick road, Buckley, Flintshire

This particular coffee machine does not fill the cup the same as many other machines I've used do. I am tired of being short changed paying the same price as I do elsewhere and not getting what I pay for. I have complained a number of times to staff working in Spar and they advise me that the machine is set by someone who works for Costa.
I use numerous Costa coffee machines over a large area as my employment involves driving and NO other machine under fills their cups.
Please please address this issue and ensure this particular machine matches the others.

Desired outcome: That cups are set to be filled the way they should be..

G
7:00 am EDT

Costa Coffee Diabolical customer service

Huddersfield Costa Kingsgate 15 October 2021 ordered large tea in take out cup to drink in asked if I wanted milk which I did but not much only to find a massive amount of milk had been poured in leaving a weak grey liquid in the cup which was undrinkable unpleasant and a waste of 2 pounds 25 pence on asking if I may have another teabag I was told I would need to pay 2 25? Just for the tea bag or order a fresh tea even though I mentioned I wanted a splash of milk horrendous service .

Desired outcome: Reimburse my money

G
5:52 am EDT

Costa Coffee Hygiene

Poole Hospital Branch on Wednesday 13/10/21. Sticky uncleared tables with no hand sanitiser anywhere in the cafe for customers obliged to eat food with their fingers - in a HOSPITAL for goodness sake. Staff shortages leading to the slow clearing of tables are understandable and if sanitisers cannot be provided because they "walk" please provide disposable plates and cutlery

Desired outcome: See above

L
6:12 am EDT

Costa Coffee Staff attitude

I stopped this morning to get a skinny cappucino to takeaway as I would do on regular occasions. I was presented with a member of staff who made the wrong drink and proceeded to shout at me from behind the screen twice that I had ordered a 'SKINNY LATTE', I replied that I had ordered a skinny cappucino to which she rolled her eyes, set the order on the bench and proceeded to make what I had originally requested. All the while she was constantly trying to make a phone call. Eventually she set my order down and walked off.
I work for the NHS and am well aware that people can have 'off' days however it is not appropriate to take it out on customers who only wish to buy a coffee before starting a long shift. This member of staff's attitude was abominable to say the least.

M
10:59 am EDT

Costa Coffee Coffee Club changes

How sad that Costa chose not to fully inform their loyal customers of the change to the points system. I store my points so that I may use them annually when I take a weekend break away. Visiting my local Costa on 5/9/21 I was not advised of your imminent 'bean' scheme, nor did I see posters advertising this change or have the change info printed on my receipt. I had accrued 994 points. Had I done so or known of the change I would most definitely have used the points up on sandwiches or cakes etc. On visiting Costa Saturday 9/10/21 I queried where my points were on the receipt only to be advised of the change to your 'beans' scheme and customers had been emailed. I have received no emails and checked my 'spam' mail as well. I was advised I would be better off with this new scheme. This is definitely not the case as I normally drink tea and and not coffee. 5 pots of tea does not equate to 995 points so I feel completely and utterly ripped off.
I appreciate that in these difficult times Costa may have had to change their loyalty scheme but this should have been in a manner where we could all have access to this new information and use our points accordingly.
Poor show Costa, Poor show!

Desired outcome: Reinstatement of appropriate points level.

7:36 am EDT

Costa Coffee Costa ( Glenrothes, KY7 5NN) Food service

Although my family and I have used Costa happily on numerous occasions previously, our experience today was unsatisfactory. My wife and myself purchased tea, coffee and 2 sausages in rolls. We will not be returning to Costa Glenrothes anytime soon due to the treatment we received from the heavily tattooed young woman who served us when we reported that the food was cold. No understanding or apology whatsoever! Only a "You should have sent them back" before leaving us feeling that we were the ones at fault!

Desired outcome: Apology for the poor service on this occasion

V
8:35 am EDT

Costa Coffee Service and items

I visited my local drive thru, am a frequent customer. Today my visit was not the best I've had.
I ordered a large tea with skimmed milk and a large skinny caramel latte extra hot. I also ordered a slice of caramel and apple cake and a slice of lemon drizzle.
Got to the window and say server pouring milk in my tea (incorrect milk). Then I doubled checked the other drink. A different server shouted out yes.
Got home. Opened the bags that the cakes were in and had incorrect cakes. The service today was 1 out of 5.

Desired outcome: An apology, voucher

7:30 am EDT

Costa Coffee Costa Coffee Beans Reward

Hello

I was disappointed when I was recently in a branch of Costa Coffee to find out that your company no longer redeems points on my costs card. This was such an excellent loyalty scheme and enabled me to purchase either a coffee or other costa product if I had accrued the correct number of points. Why has this been replaced with a beans scheme? This means that the rewards is limited to drinks only and now excludes other costa products. I also don't have a smartphone with an app. Will this scheme affect older people who don't possess the relevant technology/smartphones, like myself?

3:26 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Rude and unhelpful staff at costa coffee tottenham hale 02/10/21

I visited Costa Coffee in Tottenham Hale today 2/10/2021 with my three children. I found that the staff were rude, impatient and unhelpful. There were three ladies working behind the counter and none of them seemed keen to assist.

1. It was pouring down with rain and the main entrance/automatic doors to the store was locked, so out of inconvenience we had to walk around the store to get in.

2. We arrived at the store around 7pm, there was still time before the store closure but we were told we had to eat and drink out of take away cups and packets because of the time, this again is bad customer service.

3. Lastly, when I asked for marshmallows for the children hot chocolate; the response I got was because of the time we had arrived at the store they had run out. The time being we arrived at the store should not have anything to do with not having marshmallows, I felt this was a rude and inconsiderate response.

I purchased: Three kids hot chocolate with cream
: Two ham and cheese toasties with cheese and one without
cheese on the top.
: One Iced latter with caramel.

This totalled £17:90

Overall, this was my worst experience at Costa and my first time also making a complaint.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund. Unfortunately, I was not given a receipt but I do have proof of payment from my bank account. f

2:01 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Product Availability

Dear Sirs
On 16.9.21 I attended your branch in Liverpool One, for a light lunch, and after waiting in a lengthy queue, was disappointed to find that nothing gluten free, was on display.

I waited until I reached the front of the queue to enquire with staff and even they were unsure as to what was available and began sifting through the products in front of them.

I noticed that there was a variety of options for vegetarians who have made a lifestyle choice but you do not appear to cater for Coeliacs who have a severe intolerance to wheat through no choice of their own.

I look forward to hearing from you with a comprehensive response to your future plans to provide gluten free food in your stores.

Kind regards
Cheryl Fletcher
[protected]@yahoo.co.uk

Desired outcome: Provision of gluten free food.

7:59 am EDT

Costa Coffee unecessary rude behaviour

We are regular customers at Costa Coffee. We visited the Brighouse Branch on the 28th September at approximately 2.30pm. I ordered two cappuccinos, one decaffinated. They were luke warm and so I returned them. A young blonde girl, who made them, said she would replace them. She was very polite. I returned to our table and then an older lady brought our fresh drinks on a tray. She slammed them down and said, "Hope these are to your liking." Most of the coffee was split on the tray and in the saucers. One saucer was actually overflowing. Before we had chance to say anything she marched off. We thought this behaviour was unacceptable and there was no need for such rudeness. I did not get her name but she had blonde hair with slides in the top. There was another lady working at the time on the till with dark hair. She was very polite. I didn't take them back again as there was a queue and I was upset by her attitude. In fact we couldn't believe she had behaved in such a manner to customers. It spoilt the experience of going to Costa which we usually enjoy and we do not feel like using the Brighouse branch again.

We are both pensioners and think she was extremely disrespectful. An apology for the luke warm coffee would have sufficed instead of being so patronising by inferring we were fussy. All we wanted was hot drinks served in a pleasant manner.

Extremely shocked and disappointed.

Desired outcome: Some sort of apology.

H
9:11 am EDT

Costa Coffee REWARD POINTS:- CARD NO [protected] [protected] 0

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have the subject reward card on which there is 855 points. I have been to two of your coffee shops over the last few days and they refuse to honour them. This is probably because you have introduced a new system however, this is not the way to deal with a regular customer.
I request that you look into this complaint and look forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely
Hugh Edwards

TEL: [protected]
E MAIL: huwh.[protected]@btinternet.com

Desired outcome: Voucher to cover amount

V
1:47 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Egg mayonnaise sandwich

Today (20th September 2021) I had the misfortune to buy an egg Mayo sandwich at the Costa concession in the Weston-Super-Mare General Hospital. It was the driest, most tasteless sandwich ever - absolutely no mayonnaise and, of course, no butter or margarine even the black pepper was sparse. Unfortunately, by the time I had the opportunity to eat the thing I was miles away.
Surely, someone should be checking the standard of your goods. This was more than disappointing,

Desired outcome: Improve your sandwiches

P
12:43 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Branch cleanliness

I visited your Branch situated within the Next store, New Malden, Surrey.
It was busy as it was lunch time but none of the tables had been cleared and I have never been in one of your branches that looked so uninviting, not to mention that there was no hygiene being undertaken whatsoever in relation to clearing the tables and wiping them down between customers. I appreciate that there were a limited amount of staff, one person making the coffees, a second person taking the money but a third member of staff (may have been the manager) a lady with red/ginger hair who was fiddling about with the cakes on display, breaking up cardboard boxes and then sitting down in the corner on a phone, she made no attempt whatsoever to get the tables cleared and cleaned. You may what to take a look at whoever is managing this Branch as condition of dirty tables was unacceptable.
Also your East Sheen Branch, London, SW14 has been without air conditioning all summer, and the lighting at the back of the branch has been out for months, although the staff there are extremely friendly and polite. You may want to take a look at the maintenance issues at this Branch, which I have avoided thru the summer due to the fact there has been no air con, cant be pleasant for the staff either.
Hopefully you can look into the above and the issues raised. Thank you.

Desired outcome: To rectify the above issues

L
12:57 pm EDT

Costa Coffee Compensation

Me and my dauughter went through the costa drive thru. My daughter (7 years old) loves hot chocolates. I asked in the speaker for the smaller one to be cooler so, my daughter could drink it. They asked me to drive round. They gave me her drink and it was so hot. I said to the person that its too hot. He said no its ok its fine. He said the cup keeps the heat in. She drunk a bit and burnt her lip. So unnacceptable from Costa. It should be on camera. 17/09/2021 about 4pm.

J
8:42 am EDT

Costa Coffee Costa Points Card

I have spent the last 10 years building up a healthy points balance on my Costa points card only to find out yesterday, from my local Costa Cafe in Barrow-in-Furness that I will no longer be able to spend my points some £43.00 worth on food at Costa and that I have only 7 days to spend them on drinks. I consider that this is highly disrespectful of me as a consumer and that you have broken your promise to me. I am returning my card and this once loyal customer is turning his back on Costa permanently. This means that I don't have sufficient trust nor confidence in Costa any longer for me to make any further purchases.

Desired outcome: Costa will never ever get the chance to make me feel swindled like this again.

8:49 am EDT

Costa Coffee gift card

I am writing to you, because I am very disappointed. My husband and I were on a day out on Sunday, after being in for so long regarding health issues related with Covid. I had a gift card which we wanted to use, when my husband tried to use it for our drinks, he was told it had expired...
As you can imagine we were upset by this, he paid for our drinks, which we enjoyed. But we found it difficult to understand why, with the pandemic you have to use the gift card within a certain time, when we couldn't actually go out.
We love a coffee in Costa, they are our little treat. Especially the Christmas ones...
I'm just looking for a reason why, perhaps with covid affecting people's lives, Costa perhaps couldn't find a way of extending the expiry date...

Yours sincerely
Joy Grimmett...

8:02 am EDT

Costa Coffee Cleanness in costa shop

I took my grandmother whos 80 out for shopping, trip and do her shopping we always stop for a coffee, at the Asda costa coffee shop Minworth, on entrance we found a table, i cleaned it with my own asda wipe to my horror it was dirty, beyond belief, i took it up to order and to my dismay the manger, didnt really care she said we do clean the table, as i watched her she used the same cloth and transferred, the dirt to table to table, im dissatisfied and dissapointed i psy good money, for my coffee and cakes etc i expect more especially with covid here.

I enclose pictures off the cloth, thr pictures off the costa asda Minworth Birmingham and my nan in the pictures, please respond

Desired outcome: Apologie, voucher for dissapointed

Costa Coffee In-depth Review

Location and Accessibility:

Costa Coffee has conveniently located branches, making it easily accessible for customers. The coffee shops also provide accessibility for individuals with disabilities, ensuring that everyone can enjoy their offerings. Additionally, Costa Coffee provides parking availability, making it convenient for customers who are driving.

Ambiance and Atmosphere:

The interior design and decor of Costa Coffee shops create a warm and inviting atmosphere. The comfortable seating arrangements allow customers to relax and enjoy their coffee in a cozy environment. The noise level is kept at a comfortable level, ensuring a pleasant ambiance for conversation or quiet work.

Menu Variety and Quality:

Costa Coffee offers a wide range of coffee options, including espresso, cappuccino, latte, and more. Their tea selection is also of high quality, catering to tea lovers. In terms of food options, Costa Coffee provides a variety of pastries, sandwiches, salads, and more. They also consider special dietary considerations, offering gluten-free and vegan options.

Pricing and Value for Money:

Costa Coffee's price range is competitive compared to its competitors. Customers can expect value for money in terms of portion sizes and quality. Additionally, Costa Coffee offers discounts and loyalty programs, providing further value to their customers.

Customer Service:

The staff at Costa Coffee is known for their friendliness and professionalism. They provide speedy and efficient service, ensuring that customers are served promptly. The staff is also willing to accommodate special requests, going above and beyond to meet customer needs.

Cleanliness and Hygiene:

Costa Coffee maintains cleanliness throughout their premises, including tables and chairs. They also provide hand sanitizers or other hygiene measures to ensure the safety of their customers. The washrooms are well-maintained, reflecting their commitment to cleanliness.

Wi-Fi and Amenities:

Costa Coffee offers reliable Wi-Fi for customers to stay connected. Charging ports for electronic devices are also available, allowing customers to charge their devices while enjoying their coffee. Additionally, customers can find newspapers and magazines to enhance their coffee shop experience.

Community Engagement and Sustainability:

Costa Coffee actively engages in local community initiatives, showing their commitment to the communities they serve. They also make efforts towards sustainability, including recycling and waste reduction practices. Costa Coffee sources their coffee beans ethically, ensuring that they support fair trade practices.

Online Ordering and Delivery:

The Costa Coffee website or app is user-friendly, making online ordering a breeze. Customers can expect accurate and timely delivery of their orders. Costa Coffee provides various delivery options and fees, catering to the convenience of their customers.

Overall Experience and Recommendation:

Based on personal experience, Costa Coffee provides an overall satisfying experience. The combination of convenient locations, cozy ambiance, delicious menu options, and excellent customer service makes it a recommended choice for coffee lovers. Costa Coffee could further improve by expanding their vegan and gluten-free options to cater to a wider range of dietary needs.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Costa Coffee contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Costa Coffee?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Costa Coffee Customer Service. Initial Costa Coffee complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Costa Coffee above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Costa Coffee. Discuss the issues you have had with Costa Coffee and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.