Cooking Club of Americacooking club of america is a scam!

D

We had tried the 30-day trial membership for Cooking Club of America and canceled it more than a year ago. Now we received a notice from a collection agency. We tried calling the agency but got a voice mail to pay and no operator ever came to the phone. Then we tried to look for the Cooking Club of America number on the website to no avail. We got their number from the national 1800 directory listing. Someone called Jason picked up the phone and rudely informed us that the membership was canceled. When we asked why we were getting collection notices, we were told that it was a way to get us to subscribe as Life members. He said that we were not going to be submitted to the collection agency and abruptly hung up!!!
ITS A SCAM...

• Updated by Debbie Bowen · Sep 28, 2017

My address should read
    303 Sunrise Avenue
    Church Hill, TN 37642

Maria Sustaita Apr 18, 2020

I paid for the Cooking Club of America lifetime membership back in 2008. I received the magazines for about 2 years and nothing after that. I wish they would either honor the lifetime membership as described or reimburse me the $350.00 that I paid.

Joe D'Souza Feb 24, 2021

@Maria Sustaita Scout Media, formerly The North American Outdoor Group and the North American Membership Group (NAMG), was an American media company, specializing in membership clubs and related magazines. Since 2007 it has been owned by the Pilot Group, a private equity firm run by Robert W. Pittman. In 2013, NAMG acquired Scout.com. NAMG combined with Scout.com to form Scout Media. Pilot Group lost control of Scout Media to a group of Russian investors. Scout Media filed for bankruptcy in 2016; it was acquired by CBS Sports Digital in 2017. This is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_Media
    And with that, I am will close my chapter with Cooking Club of America and North American Fishing Club

• Ms
    Msdaas Dec 25, 2019

I can no longer access the website for my lifetime membership of the cooking club of America and when i call the number on my card its not there number. I paid a lot for this lifetime membership who do i contact for a refund... I use to receive test products and now nothing what happened!!!

• Po
    Polly Hardesty Dec 16, 2019

Pitiful that it was a scam all along; shame I ever trusted You! Never again 💯; it makes me sick🤕🤒✅

• Va
    Valerie Renslow Dec 14, 2019

Paid 349.00 for lifetime membership and I have not been receiving any magazines or can't contact the company at all.

• Xx
    Xxzyx Nov 04, 2019

What a Rip Off!!! This is obviously not an American company, My subscription and testing materials all stopped, Please tell me what the heck happened when we pay our dues for life membership it should be life... NRA stands to their life subscription.. it is an AMERICAN Company...

• Ka
    Katy Doroski Oct 27, 2019

I was enrolled back in 2004!! I received my pots and pans but then when I moved and called to change my address I couldn't get ahold of anyone!!! Such a RIP off!! $349 for some pans, a plastic card and a magazine that I can no longer get!!

Comments

• Un
    Unhappyinminnesota Oct 12, 2019

I paid for a lifetime membership but there is nothing. I would like a FULL REFUND with interest. I have not been to get ant information regarding this "cooking club" in years. Where do we get information on this. Why are organizations like this allowed to be out there.

• Ci
    Cindy Grogan Jun 02, 2019

Sad it was a good book to get & i still use the stuff i bought...So the card i hace that says charter member is no good ...Like i said ''sad'' what happend to the cook book mag.

• Be
    Beverly Diehl Apr 15, 2019

Hello, I have been a lifetime member of Cooking Club of America since 2010. If anyone is looking for them they are now on Pinterest. I will try to contact Pinterest and let them know what they have done to all the people that are lifetime members.

Member [protected]

Cathy Lane Pleasants Nov 12, 2018

I am a "Life Time Member" but have not received any magazines for a long time. I enjoyed the magazine but have no clue as to what happened to the company. I would like to know what happened to the company.

• Tl
    T. Liford Nov 05, 2018

My membership number is [protected] and my name is Theresa Liford. I paid for a lifetime membership and now I haven't heard anything from the company in years.

• Lo
    lori sollenberger Oct 22, 2018

Ive been a lifetime member since 8/00 membership number [protected]

i have not recieved any magazines in years??????

i would like to know why, they had no problem taking my money.
    i would like to have my magazine for life as promised.

• Te
    Teresa Heslip Oct 15, 2018

You can add me to the list of those scammed into paying a lot of money for nothing ! I paid my $299 and I got my pans but nothing else . No more magazines, no more product testing, no more website ! When I go to Scout.com all it is is football crap! I hate freaking football! I love cooking! Definitely not what I signed up for ! I want justice !

• Te
    Terri Houghland Graves Sep 19, 2018

Paid a lot of money for lifetime membership and never heard from them again. No more magazines or a word about testing new Products! Crooks! Where is the website with all the Benefits? Nowhere.

Maria Franco Sep 19, 2018

My name is Maria Franco and i paid for my membership since 2010 and i haven' heard for the club in years. I tried anything to contact them but still no answering. I would like my membership money back. We paid for lifetime i want to receive my benefits or my money. A simple answer it will be nice.

• Ep
    epicone Sep 18, 2018

I have been a lifetime member since 2000 (?). I have not received a magazine in at least 2 years. What happened?? I do not have much hope in receiving any, since many have made the same complaint and it has not been resolved. I just want my magazines to continue.

• Be
    Beate Trottman Sep 15, 2018

I used to be a member...they removed me from my lifetime membership. Despite that I requested 2 times not to get calendars mailed anymore, they did mail it. So, I ignored it. Then when I didn't pay, because they also wanted me to return the calendar and I had to pay for shipping, they sent collection agency and cancelled my life time membership! Never received anything from that day on again, not even membership magazines nothing...

• De
    Debbie Bowen Sep 10, 2018

I paid for a Lifetime Membership and received the apron and some pots. I even did some product testing. Then all the sudden nothing. If it wad a lifetime membership shouldn't you refund my money. My information is below and I would like a response back.
    Deborah Bowen
    303 Sunrise Have
    Church Hill., TN. 37642
    Member#[protected]

Joseph P Moore Sep 01, 2018

I have been a life member since September, 2002 and I haven't heard a word from these people in at least 2 or 3 years. They took my money and have scammed me. Is anyone doing a class action suit against these crooks?

• Sh
    Sharay9 Aug 28, 2018

I'm a club lifetime member all paid up my # [protected]
    Sharon Keller
    14 Lisa Dr
    Dix Hills, NY 12746
    I haven't received a magazine in years
    What gives?? I'm also a lifetime member of gardening club of America...also no magazines in years. Please let me know what's going on.
    Thanks
    [email protected]

• Ka
    Kara Travers Aug 28, 2018

I have been a premier life member since 2010, I have not received anything in years...I have tried contacting the company with no results...I paid hundreds of dollars and got a set of pots in return, that's it!...the company has not responded to emails, phone calls or letters, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Cherry Stacy Apr 20, 2018

Became a Lifetime member in 2008. Enjoyed the magazines and some of the utensils that were offered. Just like everyone else, magazines stopped, products not available, etc. Don't appreciate being "ripped off". Company
    should have notified members of bankruptcy and offered some restitution.

• Co
    connie forti Jan 21, 2018

I joined the Cooking Club Of America in 2008 and have NEVER received anything for joining.I informed them of my address and membership # and still nothing. [email protected]

• De
    Deborah McGaughey Sep 14, 2017

This company is a complete scam. Had been a member since 10-08. Paid everything and received things for a while then all of a sudden everything stopped. Haven't heard a word from them. Fortunately, the cookware I received from them I didn't need, didn't open and was able to sell for just about what I paid for the membership. Total waste of time. Buyer be ware!!

Jane Wilke Aug 29, 2017

This is a complete scam. I was a member since 2001 after all things were paid they disappeared off the face of t he earth. This company sucks. I never heard anything after all was paid.

Carrie Dulin Kinkade May 15, 2017

I joined in 2007 and received everything promised. I feel like I received lots of things they promised, but shortly after becoming a LIFETIME MEMBER, I received another piece of mail to my exact name and address, wanting me to become/sign up for Lifetime Membership. How annoying that was. I received magazines for maybe a year, but never receiving any test products and when I went online to try and figure out how to obtain test products, I became frustrated. I'm disappointed in this company and think a class action suit should be filed against them, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. They promised a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP and they are now a "sports website"????? If anyone knows how to go about filing a class action suit, I'm SURE there are many thousands of people out there who purchased memberships based on false pretenses.

• Ev
    Eva Polk Mar 29, 2017

Hi My Name is Eva Polk
    I am really pissed off at this company. I became a member 10/26/2009. And I was suppose to get products to test. Well I got a plastic cutting board and knife. And a glass pie pan to test. I have called and sign up many of times. And nothing.
    And now no phone number to even call them.
    So I fell I been scammed.

Eva Polk

Catarr Feb 09, 2017

I joined the club got the magazines decided I liked what they offered, became a lifetime member and haven't received anything from them in years.

• Ta
    Tammy Sweet Oct 19, 2016

I joined the CCA quite a while ago. Paid for the lifetime membership and got the cooking pan set. That was only after I called to ask where it was because I made the payment but they didn't deliver. Seems like that is the consensus with everyone. They stopped sending out the magazines, no more trial goodies, can't get logged onto the website. I had no idea they had sold out. They sold out alright, on everyone that joined the club! These guys should be made to repay every who spent the money for lifetime memberships and got nothing but the shaft!
    My name is tammy and I live in Michigan.

• Jw
    jwalkermn Aug 05, 2016

Don't sign up for this so called "Cooking Club of America" they take your money and do nothing and say that all the test for the past year never matched your profile. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! In 1 year they couldn't match not one product to someone who checked almost everything on their survey on my cooking preferences!!! I love to cook and try new things when it comes to cooking. I was excited to join and try new things and then nothing I am very disappointed!! All they wanted was for me to join their "Life time membership" for over $200 WOW!! They couldn't even do anything with their reguar membership and they wanted me to give them more money, to do what???? All I have to say is I am ashamed they are from my home state Minnesota!!! DON"T SIGN UP RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!

• Fr
    Fred Hoffman Aug 05, 2016

I have been a life member for a long time, at firsr I thought the membership was
    good, but now I feel I am a member of this group of complaintee's, perhaps we are not a separate group, maybe we are all in the same boat, I too have received many
    books and items that I did not order or want, returned all, now I receive bills for things I did not receive, I have requested many times, Please do not send anything
    that I did not order, still I receive these payment/reply forms. I'm tired of it, I should resign, but life membership was expenisive, I will never receive my value
    in magazines even if I live to 150 years, every word here is true, I am not afraid to
    reveal my idenity F. Hoffman Hayes Va, 23072

• Se
    Sergei Witte Aug 05, 2016

@ Maggie#4. I do not know in which state you live, but let me tell you about Kansas. The comsumer protection law provides that if a merchant sends you items you have not explicitly ordered you may consider them gifts. I once had a problem with a book club membership in which I cancelled when I saw the list of books, other than the cheaper come-ons. My certified w/return receipt letter cancelling my membership was ignored; so I began to treat the books as gifts. When my credit card began showing charges, I called, was told the charges would be removed. I then contacted my credit card issuer, told them of the issue, and they promised to help. Meanwhile I once again sent a certified letter with return receipt. In the letter I included a photocopy of the KS statute covering unsolicited merchandise. The credit card charge was removed forthwith, and I never received anything from the book club again.

Moral: Check with your state's consumer protection office. If you have none, ask a librarian for help in finding consumer protection statutes. In any event call your state representative or senator and briefly give the assistant the details and ask for their help. Usually they will do so, and you would be surprised how quickly a business replies to a letter written on government letterhead.

Good luck.

maggie#4 Aug 05, 2016

At first I received an invitation to join this club to receive recipes and items from companies to evaluate their products. All you had to do was pay $12.00, try the product, fill out a questionnaire and return it to the company. Then the unsolicited books started coming in the mail. At first I thought perhaps this wasn't so bad but the book was 29.95. I had opened the box and so I just paid it. Then the next month I received another book, stupidly opened it and either had to pay to send it back or keep it. The company sent some crap stuff as a "FREE" gift. Then the offer for a Liftetime membership. I sent a letter to cancel my membership and returned the next book with a cancellation notice. Returned unopened another book and another box of "stuff". I kept getting bills for the lifetime membership--which I never joined--and then forgot about the whole thing. Now, two years later, I got a call from Chase Receivables, to collect over $300.00. Please do not fall into this same trap. They will have to take me to court and prove that I joined their absurd club and I will bring proof and all these complaints and let the court take care of it. PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THIS CLUB!! You will be sorry.

• Lm
    LMK Aug 05, 2016

I have sent them 2 letters requesting that they not send me anything
    else at this time. To date they have totalled ignored what I asked them
    to do - or NOT do and I got another damn book today.
    I take a black marker and write REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER!
    on the box.
    What can you say about them, THEY ARE IDIOTS ! I wish I had
    never signed up to get the crap they send out. Live and learn I
    guess.

• Ra
    Ray Aug 05, 2016

Do not buy the magazine subscription through this club! You're just opening a door that you will not be able to close. The magazine is a come-on for them to keep trying to sell this and that worthless thing to you. I have asked repeatedly that they not send me anything--and had tried to cancel my subscription after reviewing the first cooking magazine they sent before the 30 day trial-period expired. I didn't receive another magazine until a year later, when I received an invoice stating they would turn me over to collections if I didn't pay the subscription fee--even though I had canceled the subscription the year before! I paid the fee because I didn't want it to affect my credit adversely. I wrote and asked them not to send me anything else. Today I received some type of stupid figurine without ordering it with a bill for $15.98! I've emailed the company asking them not to send me anything again, and stating I will return the figurine. These people do not listen--stay away from them! It is not an honestly run company.

Sabrinagirl Jun 11, 2016

As a Member since 08/2009, my last magazine Cooking Club was Winter 2014, I sent my change of address when I moved. Why has it stopped?? My member #[protected] Lucy Monge, my address is 667 SW Granadeer St, Port St Lucie, Fl 34983. I am a Life Member, please rectify and continue my magazines, I hope this is not a scam. Thank you.

Christine Hause May 29, 2016

I joined in 1998 as life time member never had a problem with them. I was wondering why I wasn't receiving the magazine any more. Before they stopped each magazine was half the size as the ones before

• St
    Stinky Mom May 15, 2016

I joined the club as a life member. I received the magazines for about 2 years then they suddenly quit coming. These people will not answer my messages either! I would advise people to steer clear of these jerks!!!

• Ha
    Harold Cloward Mar 24, 2016

My name is Rex Cloward. I signed up for life member for cooking AND gardening clubs. OVER 2 1/2 years ago. Cooking club I had 1 more payment & gardening club I am not sure BUT I have heard nothing from the companies? Is this REALLY A SCAM?
    Rex Cloward. WAS 3172 Highway V, Seymour, MO BUT NOW 172 Dew Drop Lane, Sparta, MISSOURI, 65753. What gives?

• Id
    IDA HILL Mar 11, 2016

Suppose to be a member since 01/2011 life time member IDA HILL20462219
    plus i only received one survey since i joined i am starting to truly beleave this company is fraud