Consumer Portfolio Servicesharrassment and threats of wage attachment

T

I HOPE THIS COMPANY GETS NAILED TO THE WALL. THEY CALL MY HUSBAND AT WORK AND THREATEN HIM ON A DAILY BASIS. THEY TELL HIM IF HIS PAYMENTS DON'T DOUBLE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO ATTACH HIS WAGES AND HE WILL BE WITHOUT A CAR.IF ANY ONE WANTS TO BAN TOGETHER AND FILE A LAWSUITE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.

• Cp
    CPS Victim number 5million Jul 21, 2010

Reading through all these complaints I can say just about every one of them have happened to me so I won't go into too much detail about my experiences. Heck just read through these complaints is enough to know these people need to be stopped.
    I told them to come get the car because I had run into some financial issues and couldn't afford the 560.00 a month payment any longer or the constant harrassing of me, my family, my work and even my neighbor. Finally after 4 months of constant harrassing and an attempt to process a payment on my closed bank account they finally came to get it.
    I have hired an attorney and am filing bankruptcy. So last week when they called me I told them what I was doing and to leave me alone and call my attorney if they have anything to say, they (big surprise) didn't care and kept calling me and began calling my persdonal rferences again. Yesterday (7/21/2010) this Eddie guy called me...again...telling me we had to get this issue resolved. I told him I knew my attorney has been in contact with him and he is to leave me alone. He said to me "quit playing games with me [censor]" I hung up and immediatly contacted my attorney. My attorney called him right back and I guess it wasn't pretty since he told my attorneyhe knows he is actually a friend of mine posing as an attorney and began cussing at him. My attorney said for me to get a marine horn and every time they call blast it in the phone.
    It is really bad when a company like this thinks they are able to ruin peoples lives and carry a such animosity towards people. No compassion for anyone. I got behind because my husband got really ill and the medical bills are killing us. The harrassing has made me sick and I can't eat or sleep as each day I don't know if I will get the call or someone else will get called again and told what a loser I am...it is just tooooo much when you realize the devil has set up a finance company in California and by just buying a car your selling your soul, and don't even know it until it is too late. Who else but the devil can get away with what they do? They have been practicing business like this for years and still continue...DEVIL

• Sm
    smh Mar 11, 2009

Just wanted to comment. I also have been dealing with this Unprofessional Unethical Company! They most definitely break State and Federal Laws... I have contacted an attorney and the problem is the company we are dealing with is a SUBPRIME AUTO LENDING FINANCE COMPANY... They PREY on those who have come out of BK or have had financial problems... They Capitalize on UnGODLY interest rates, taking advantage of your situation and the minute you are late they bring on the UNLAWFUL conduct from their Collection/Customor Service Personnel. In short you are dealing with LOAN SHARKS!!! I have been MOCKED and Laughed at while they take joy in upseting me... The Relentless, harrassing and unnecessary phone calls to my employer and contacts has been extremely stressful... Their Business and Unethical Conduct airs on the side of breaking the law... I was advised to first send a letter stating my position and asking them to Acknowledge and Adhere to the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act... It should be sent certified. I would also advise having an attorney who deals with companies such as this, for additional advice! Good Luck!

• Ro
    rose Dec 01, 2008

I agree 100% i 2 have a loan with this company and it is the biggest mistake the dealer has ever made on my behalf- like other consumers i am constantly harrassed at home and work- one time i was short on a payment of 74.13 and the rude rep told me it is in our policy to call you EVERYDAY until we recieve the payment cause we don't take partial payments-bull crap that is unheard of. So if you are willing to file that lawsuit i am IN. here is my email address [email protected] do contact me please and thanks.

• Mm
    M. Miller Nov 15, 2008

I would LOVE to file a lawsuit. I was un-employed for 4 mths, and paying on a car we co-signed for a family member. We had to skip 3 mortgage payments o pay CPS after a year with no missed payments, we could not pay one payment, I informed them we would need to either surrender the car or have them arrange some type of extention for us. Then to extend by one week, they wanted a check or CC. We have neither. Now they say we cannot surrender the car, they can garnish our wages and make us keep the car, and now they are harassing every family member we have, including father in law who has terminal cancer. I want to sue this company as well. They are loan sharks. Feel free to contact me.

• D
    D Nov 14, 2008

Someone needs to do something about CPS.The harrassing phone call and threats.They also call my job and my family members and tell them that i'm behind and that they are going to come and repo my car.They are very unprofessional in the way they handle themslf. When i do try to talk to tem and work something out they don't want to hear it and then they hang up.What can be done about this company? They need to be stop.