Zales / poor service

McMurray, PA, United States Review updated:

I have been a jewelry holder from Zales for 11 years now. I have always takes my jewerly in to be checked twice a year. As of recently we have moved to McMurray PA and learned shorty after that the location closest to us had been closed. So we drove to the nearest location. 1 hour later we finally arrived. I even asked Paula the supervisior at the Zales headquartors if something else could be done to help us out. Their answer was to put insurance on it and send it in the mail. Unless we live 3 hours away there is nothing they will do for us. It seems to me that if they have to close down a store because rent is to high, then they would want to do anything they can do to keep those local customers happy. Make note to anyone considering purchasing at Zales. Zales does not care to upkeep a good customer relationship. Don't be stuck with an investment of jewerly that you will not be happy with.

Comments

• Up
      5th of Oct, 2010

I ordered online, with a promotion for a free necklace. My order shipped the next day, and all but my custom item were shipped together. I open up the box and only saw jewelry box, not two as expected. Ok, mabye the two items were in the same box? I had no idea how the shipment would arrive because I had always purchased from the store.

After looking further, I open an envelope and the order slip to find that the promotional item was no longer available, even though my online tracking said it had shipped.

I called customer service to try and rectify the situation- a store credit, substitute promotional item, partial credit to my account... anything! The only thing they offered me was free return shipping, which won't do my any good on the entire order since part of it is custom and unreterunable anyway.

Definitely wish I hadn't ordered the custom order so I could send everything back and have no regrets. Too late, but they won't see my money again.!