Zales / online order gone wrong

1 Online, United States

I ordered a personalized pendant that comes with a chain for my nieces birthday in June. I ordered 3 weeks in advance. I was given a 3-5 week delivery estimate. 3 weeks after her birthday (6 weeks after order) it still had not arrived. I sent 3 emails, none of which have ever been returned. I finally called to request a tracking number and discovered it had been delivered 2 weeks previously to Chicago...my niece lives in California!

I called and spoke with an agent who informed me that the wrong address had been placed on the package and was delivered to the wrong address. I had 2 options: 1) get a refund now, or 2) they could try to track it and see if they could redeliver, if not, I would get a refund. I explained how I wanted the PERSONALIZED item delivered for her BIRTHDAY gift. She said she would look into it and email with the status. Never got the email.

Miraculously, the package arrived 3 days later. WITHOUT A CHAIN FOR THE PENDANT.

I called again and spoke with an agent who finally understood my frustration and informed me that they would send a replacement chain immediately and refund me $25 for my inconvenience. I got an email a few days later confirming the refund which did appear in my account.

Last night, 3 weeks after I was told the chain would be sent, my niece told me she still had not gotten it! I called Zales and explained the situation and was informed that it was not their policy to replace the chain and that I had received $25 credit due to the missing chain. I explained that Stephanie had told me she was sending a chain and the credit was compensation for their lack of service. I was finally put on to Janet, a supervisor who proceeded to inform me that they are not able to replace the chain. Although she kept apologizing, she said she cannot replace the chain. I asked "You are a full service jewelry store, correct? Then why can you not send a chain to complete my birthday gift?"

I cannot get my head around the number of Zales errors made with this order. Wrong address - by THEM. Not contacting me that the package was delivered incorrectly - by THEM. LYING to me and telling me they were sending a replacement chain. Not completing an order. The website clearly states that this pendant comes with a necklace!

I told Janet that it would make more sense for her to send a chain to complete the gift and make a customer happy than to incur the wrath of a clearly upset and angry customer. She did not see it that way and apologized again that she could not send a chain. She said she could offer another credit so I said I wanted $50 so I could buy a chain to complete the gift Zales should have. She said all she could do was another $25.

Ha