Yext / fraud - scam

Yext is a total scam. They lie when they sign you up! They say they are rank #1 within google, yahoo ect.. Under keywords computer repair. There salesman informed me that I would only be charged when a lead generated actual revenue and not billed for people shopping for service. I so far have been billed for 2 calls $60.00 dollars - that lead to nothing beside me being billed (Out $60)!!

I called to despitute the charges, I was told that I will be billed anyway's.

Comments

• Na
      27th of Jul, 2010

I wish I read your complaint before same happened to me.

• Ny
      13th of Aug, 2010

Yext is a complete scam. Here is their latest pillaging... They are changing existing business' phone numbers in free web listings to their $8 per call phone numbers. So, if you've spent a lot of time building an Internet presence, they are going around behind you and changing your direct phone number to one of their trackable (and charged) numbers.

What a toatal scam these guys are running. Call them up - they operate out of a NYC boiler room. Listen to the high-pressure sales pitch and maybe you'll even hear the hoots and hollers of a "salesman" beating down another client.

If you want to get fleeced, this is the firm that will do it to you. Stay away - YEXT = FRAUD + SCAM.

• Ri
      4th of Oct, 2010

I had the same problem. I was registerd with city search, yahoo, and a bunch of listings they changed all my phone numbers and information. I am still working on that. I am not paying them a cent.

• Ye
      24th of Feb, 2014

wow these people been hounding me and from reading the complaints i guess they lost me! When called again i will bring up and read the complaints toward t them and see what response or lie or crazy pitch they will have

• Br
      28th of Jul, 2017

Yext did the same thing to my local Yahoo search listings in greenwood Indiana... then when I try to correct it I'm giving the number in New York City and of course yext is wanting money to change back. They are worthless pieces of [censor] and I hope they get what's coming to them .