[Resolved] Yes Communities / extensive mold and water damage

2081Chaffee Road S, Jacksonville, United States Review updated:

Over two months ago, we were moved into a home with major water leak issues. It took us 6 weeks to finally get the leak fixed. In the process, some our personal property was damaged. The office has not only failed to reimburse us for our damaged property but has, after 9 weeks, failed to clean or repair the water damage to the home. We now have mold growing in our living room and kitchen and my family, including, my six month old, are experiencing health problems. In addition to the water and mold issues, our home was also infested with fleas, spiders, and tiny roaches. Although the lease states that they are responsible for pest control and numerous complaints, we have still not received any pest control assistance. The office people keep making promises but have yet to follow through. We were lied to and mislead during the lease signing and are out of pocket over $700 as a result. The office ppl have had horrible attitudes and we found out today that the corporate office wont even take complainants. We are in the process of filing complaints with several local offices including code enforcement, health dept, and commission for consumer affairs. If you value your health

• Resolution statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Jul 26, 2013

YES! Communities take each and every resident's concern very seriously and we ENCOURAGE residents to contact the home office if they feel as though their concerns are not being addressed by the community management. You can contact YES! Communities customer service at [protected]@yescommunities.com.

Comments

16th of Jul, 2012

I know what you mean. I just moved from there and mold was only one of my problems. lived there a year and a half and repairs i reported in my initial walkthrough were never fixed.