Menu

YES! Communities review: office manager and residents in 68

C
Author of the complaint
11:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I moved in the beginning of March of this year and gave yes communities $4, 000 for deposit and rent, in advance, to cover me through July with the month free promo that was being ran. Since moving in the neighbors in 68 have violated the standards outlined in the lease of community by having 4 dogs and 3 cats, I was told we could have 2 dogs and 1 cat. More than three animals requires a kennel license. The dogs bark and are left outside all the time, the cats are trying to come into my house and have sprayed my back door. I have complained with the front office manager, Kim Burunda, at least 5 times and she responded personally the first time and after that has left it up to me to handle, telling me to call animal control. I have called animal control 10x in the last 6 weeks. One morning I asked the neighbor if she could put in her dogs, that I was studying and she flipped me off and acted erratic in front of her children. I had to listen to them bark while I studied for my RE license for 4 weeks... I was told they were moving out, that the bank was taking their home (by the office manager) and that they were supposed to be out by April 4. I tried to be patient up until then and I just can't handle it anymore. I've, repeatedly, asked Kim for the yes community supervisor phone number and she has denied giving it to me twice now. I'm beyond frustrated. My son and I have been sick with the flu this week, and got in a car accident; did we get any rest? No! Because the damn neighbors dogs, ALL 4 OF THEM, get left outside and bark, and bark, and bark all day long. It states in the lease agreement I signed that dogs are not to be left outside to bark... why is this not being enforced with these people? I just want peace and QUIET. I've tried doing as she suggested and calling animal control. That's not getting me anywhere either. I feel like the duties and responsibilities of the office/ property manager are not being met and if this cannot be resolved by the end of next week, we will be moving and I will needing my money back immediately.

I'll be contacting my attorney because of the nature of this issue and because of the amount of money that was paid up front for rent because I was enticed by the ordinance of people in the community not being allowed to leave their dogs outside to bark, no loud music, quiet hours between 10 and 7 and the free months rent. I used my entire tax return.

I'd also would like to mention that I've found more than 20 nails/ screws in my driveway since I moved in and started having issues with these people. I gave a handful of them to Kim and Chris in the front office and they assured me someone would be out to clean up my yard/ driveway of the nails and screws- still hasn't happened. And they didn't seem concerned it could be the neighbors in 68. The driveway is rather compact and I've raked it several times to ensure the weren't anymore nails... they keep showing up! Coincidence?

Anyway, all I REALLY want is quiet. No barking dogs. For the property/ office manager to do her job. For my concerns to be addressed and to be taken seriously.

She called me this afternoon after I text her that I needed her supervisors number (second time) and she didn't give it to me but said she was at a conference with her boss and that her boss would call me Monday to address the issue - not professional or considerate at all.

Please get in touch with me.

Cynthia Clayton
[protected]

View 0 more photos

More YES! Communities complaints & reviews

YES! Communities - dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
YES! Communities - manager/tyrant
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
YES! Communities - do not move here!
YES! Communities - incredily lousy landlords