Yelp.com / nothing, but problems, stay away

We have a restraining order from a past employee who TOLD US he posted a completely false and slanderous review and Yelp will not consider removing it. I've sent 14 emails to feedback@yelp.com. Each time, they answer me, but there's no progress. Our lawyer is building this into our case, but it might not be resolved until 2012. Does anybody have any advice as to what we can do in the meantime? I want them to look into the email address that the account is registered under and any activity on the account (i.e. changing the username) which I'm certain they can track, but they refuse. Urgent advice needed!

Comments

• Sm
      19th of May, 2011

I have a psycho ex and I am always having to watch my back. Well recently on yelp I found out I have a "fan" and what they do is track your reviews. Well there is no way to find out who this fan is. I emailed "customer care" at yelp and they flat out refuse to tell me who this fan is. They are saying for the fans protection they cannot tell me who it is. I explained the situation about my ex and how I have a restraining order and they still would not help me. So more or less they refuse to protect me from some nut who follows all my reviews. I think I have the right to know if someone is tracking my reviews. For a site that gives people the opportunity to rate about customer service they should look more closely at their customer service because it sucks. For your situation have you considered talking to a lawyer about possible slander charges?

• Br
      26th of May, 2011

Hey man I suggest keep doing what your doing. Keep fighting yelp. However there are things that you can do in the mean time. Take a 3rd party approach. Get a company that helps broadcast positive reviews from your customer base. The best way to combat the negative is to empower the positive. I would love to discuss this further with you. Feel free to contact me if you get a moment.
    bforbes@proinsites.com