Yahoo! / Web Hosting / poor service!

I signed up with Yahoo! Web Hosting to host my Wordpress blog. After signing up, I clicked on "Activate a Wordpress blog" and their system set it all up. Everything worked well for about a week. This morning, Wordpress cannot connect to the MySQL database. As a result, my site is basically dead. I contacted Technical Support, was escalated to Tech Support 2, was put on hold repeatedly, and at the end of a 52-minute call was told that it was a server issue and it would be 3 to 5 business days before the problem was resolved. He offered no apology and then rushed off the phone. Three to five business days for a major company? I'm not sure which is worse... the problem or the way Yahoo! is handling it.

Comments

• Al
      23rd of Apr, 2009

We left Yahoo for the same reason. We were having problems with mission critical areas of our website due to problems on Yahoo's end. The average wait time for tech support was 90 minutes! I don't wait that long at the DMV! We moved all of our services to Network Solutions (web) and Google (email) and we've never looked back!

• Li
      11th of Mar, 2015

Complaint from Yahoo Web Hosting
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
    YAHOO hosting Support is OFF. They do nothing.
    3 weeks ago MySql stopped. I sent a request to support to Reset it. after a week a letter recieved and asked me are you sure to Reset? Immediately I confirmed YES. Please Reset MySql, I need a fresh MySql. But after 2 weeks nothing is happened. My website is down and I don't do any job.
    www.listkade.com