Xoom.com / Stay away from Xoom

United States, North Carolina, Raleigh Review updated:
xoom money tansfer
I used to xoom to send some money using paypal last year. A while later, somebody used my paypal and xoom and sent almost $1000 to someone in Vietnam. Luckily, I noticed very soon and tried to contact xoom. They were neither professional nor helpful in the all thing. Finally, I got the thing resolved through Paypal and BOA, but it was a lot of hassle. For security, please stay away from xoom.

A  4th of May, 2009 by
I do not trust this money transfer scam, It is my firstime to send money to the Philippines then suddenly it has been cancelled in a day without telling me, until I checked my account details to them, what I'm worried now is they already got my information and details I sholudn't used them, Please do not use this service this is really bad.
A  10th of May, 2009 by
Similar experience sending money to South America. Cancelled with no explanation. Customer support don't even answer the questions (ie. no explanation), just say "if this isn't resolved within 1 week, blah blah"... have tried 3 times, and every time it is just cancelled. Western Union may be expensive but I have never had a problem sending money, and the person receiving has always got it (and sometimes they got a free prepaid phone card to make calls!). Nice.

Xoom Logo Xoom