I purchased an initial publishing package from Xlibris for my Children's book. After I had paid £5, 500 for publishing and marketing the Senior marketing Consultant contacted me to persuade me to sign up for a further marketing package. I told him in several emails (which I still have) that I could not afford any more. I copy his reply directly here:
We can place everything on hold until you are done with the correx. If it’s not really doable for you to do the marketing then we will reconstruct the marketing platform.
He assured me on the phone twice that signing up to this new contract would simply enable them to use the previous fees paid to cover this one if necessary.
I have just been informed by their finance department that the whole publishing package is on hold until I pay this new package.