www.ecost.com / Annual Platinum fee scam

1 ME, United States Review updated:

Beware of the $39.95 platinum fee as it does not get you the special deals on Tuesday and Thursday.
Also the platinum prices you can find everyday at NEWEGG.COM and TIGERDIRECT.COM
And after you find all this out and request a refund..they will say NO..
One example is on 03/05/09 I was online for 2 hours looking at the special $69.00 OUTRAGIOUS OFFER they advertised that day and never seen it.. After I got home..found out is supposedly ended at 3:10 pm pst time.
I was on at that time and seen it at $289.99 that whole time for several hours around it.
Just letting you know.

Lo

Comments

• Je
      24th of Apr, 2009

I paid $1 for a months trial to ecosts Platinum Club. When I called customer service to ask some questions, I was told that the product deals included in the emails they send, are gone before they send the email. I was unaware they would charge my card $39.95 after 30 days. When I called on the 31st, after seeing the charge, they refused to take it off and refused to give me a number for a customer service manager, only offering to transfer me to their supervisor and letting me know they would tell me the same thing. The will not give out a number for those in charge, that can make decisions, because they get so many complaints. They company brings in, in excess of $100, 000 a year and they refuse t0 help customers with complaints, due to their strict policy. I will tell everyone I know about their customer service and avoid them like the plague. The lost at least hundreds of dollars in sales by refusing to refund a charge gained by deceptive business practices.

• Cw
      10th of Jul, 2009

i was taken for 39.95 platinum member fee i didnt even authorive i called ecost was told that i would recieve a refund in 24- 72 hrs.that was on 6-22-09 . today i called just wanting to be a platinum member i mean i atleast want something for that money !well they act like thet have no idea ??? im on there run around again!! wow 3 calls to them today 3 different spin offs!! these people should not be a part of ant type of bussines!this ecost is a scam for junk refurbished returns bought in lot and passed on to hard working people who dont deserve this stay away youll be sorry! ill let you know if i ever get this resolved???? martin ecost-evil-no communication

• Da
      15th of Feb, 2010

I was mislead by the ECOST email promotion to become a platinum member. I did not get any benefit from that. After I got the promotion email, I resisted for the membership on 1/20/09. After registered, eCost charged me $39.95. I even did not get any email or order number (I fund the order from my account). It is difficult for me to cancel the order. This is intentionally cheating. I emailed back on 1/27/09 to cancel my membership and I got a email back mentioned that "issues have been forwarded to the appropriate department" with a confirmation number of "KMM1073950I15977L0KM". After that I did not get any information and did not get the refund until 01/20/10 I got another $39.95 charge. I am very angry about this company. I filed a complain through BBB. The company still refused to refund the $39.95 fee (01/20/09). ECOSt is very bad company. ECOSt never refund your money once they get it.