Worldmark By Wyndham

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 by

fraudulent timeshare

Complaint Department
Worldmark by Wyndham

As a 100% Disabled Veteran I am sickened by Worldmark by Wyndham DECEPTIVE Practices and will not stand for it anymore.

I want Worldmark by Wyndham to cancel my Timeshare and return the money that I have spent on my Loan, Fees and Timeshare Dues over the last couple of years.

A friend and I attended one of your Timeshare presentations while on vacation in San Diego, California. From the get-go I should have known that you people were LYING. I wish I had stuck with my gut feeling and just left, but we were enticed with the free $100 Visa card and the high pressure sales pitch, snappy presentations and promise of being able to rent out our Timeshare if we didn't use it. The list of LIES that came out of their mouths is incredible. As I look back over my notes I can't believe that you people get away with this:

1. The main presenter kept stating that this was an "Investment for life", I was told "I could GIVE this to my children when I die". Another LIE. They did not say it was whether they want it or not! And that the only way my children could get out of this Fake Contract was by completing a written disclaimer document, declining the timeshare. This is ridiculous!

2. They promised that the Timeshare was an "Investment" and would increase in value; they also said that I could make a big profit if I wanted to sell the Timeshare later. Which were all LIES, I tried to sell my Timeshare and was informed that it was worth about $5, 800. I paid $24, 000 for it. I searched your Timeshares on eBay and they were going for One Cent!

3. They showed us false charts and graphs to support all their statements; such as how much I would make renting it out, low maintenance fees, and how much we could save by buying the Timeshare versus staying in a hotel, and then they stated "Your family and friends could use my Timeshare anytime without any additional costs or fees". Which was a LIE!

4. I specifically asked if the maintenance dues would increase over time, they said yes but a "Little bit over the length of your investment". Which was another LIE. My Timeshare dues keep increasing every year.

5. I asked them if I would have any problems making reservations, because I had heard that was one of the major problems with Timeshares. They said that "Worldmark was the biggest Timeshare Company and that I would never have any problems reserving the most highly sought-after locations". This was a LIE. I have been a member for 3 years and have tried to book several locations and have been told that they are booked sold. I have never been able to get any place based on my points! When I discuss this with Worldmark representatives they told me that if "I increase my membership level, I would have a better chance to get the Prized locations". Again another LIE.

To this date I have never used my timeshare, not for lack of trying and I am requesting that you cancel my contract based on your deceptive practices, return all payments, fees and dues to me.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree