Woolworths Australia / fresh fruit platter

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

My wife purchased a fresh fruit platter included pineapple, rock melon, green and red apple, orange, dew melon covered in plastic at around 3.15 pm at Woolworths Lane Cove. She went to the plaza to eat with the kids and gave a few pieces to the baby who rejected it and then my wife tasted several pieces and found it was all spoilt. She chucked in the bin then she realised she should go and tell Woolworth's so they could take other platters from sale. Upon visiting the customer service she was told that she would need to bring it from the bin to show them, and the lady refused to let my wife speak with the manager. When she objected, they gave her money back but my wife was distressed that she had ignored her. Could you please advise why a serious complain about food safety was not dealt with in accordance with the regulations of the NSW Food Authority? Are you going to take any steps to rectify selling spoilt food in future at stores? Can we be confident in future that we are buying fresh food for our family?

Vw
Nov 22, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      22nd of Nov, 2016

How is this a serious complaint about food safety when your wife could not even bring the item back to show them? For all they know your wife just wanted to scam them. It happens all the time. Next time, tell your wife evidence is better than her word in the retail business. Stupid complaint.