Woodforest National Bank / fraud all the way!!!

1 walmart, Denison, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 469-742-9714

i am writing as a warning to all consumers this bank sold me a money card ( pre paid ) and then there was no money on it and they did not honor the mistake. i have had an account with them and they try every way possible to charge you for a fraudulant fee . i deliver the mail and deliver there nsf cards out to customers that they continue to find some way to keep them in the negative!!! terrible bank should be shut down. and the management is ignorant!

Comments

• Wo
      15th of Nov, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at 877-968-7962 and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

• Me
      1st of Jan, 2011

I haven't had an account with Woodforest Bank in a couple of years. Yesterday I received a letter from them stating they were "CREDITING my outstanding negative balance on closed account #0781 in the amount of $520.00, which represents the reimbursement of overdraft fees previously incurred and paid by you to the Bank that were determined to be excessive." In other words they sent me a worthless letter saying even though they cheated me, and were responsible for my overdraft problems, I should be happy they moved the money from their left pocket to their right pocket.

Basically their penalty was the cost of postage for the letter.

I have made a copy of the letter and will sending them to my State's Attorney General and my Congressmen.

• Ry
      27th of Jun, 2011

To Melvin Jennigs
    No one cheated you. In Fact, You should be happy that Woodforest knocked off some of your balance into your charged off account. The way that Woodforest determines overdraft fees now is just different from the way that they used to do it. A long time ago they used to charge $5 a day once you were overdrawn. They have suspended that. Also, The maximum amount that you can receive in fees is you privillege pay amount (overdraft limit). Therefore, if you have a $100 limit then woodforest can only charge you that in one months time. SO no one cheated you, they simply applied the new rule to the past to help you.