Wirefly / Avoid Wirefly!

After going back and forth with Wirefly Live Chat and emails to customer support, they will not replace a defective cell phone charger without me first paying for a new one, sending the defective one back, and then "maybe" refunding my cost of the new one.

These people put up a good front until they sell you something, and then "good luck!"

There are many others out there who are respectable and trustworthy. My advice is AVOID WIREFLY!!!

Va

Comments

1st of Jul, 2009

I TOTALLYYYY agree! I bought a phone through the best buy mobile online and it went through the wirefly company. Well... The phone messed up after a week and then I had to do the same thing you are talking about. All in all, my phone company sprint worked with me and got me a free refurbished phone.

• Th
      17th of Sep, 2009

Buyers Beware! I tried to buy a phone through Best Buy Mobile via the Simplexity powered site that I was directed too. Simplexity also runs and powers Wirefly. They had the best price I could find by over $50 for the new phone I wanted to upgrade to on Sprint.

I called Best Buy Mobile a couple times asking questions because I was very leery of the fact I was talking to people from another country and they were very rude. Even the supervisors stated that he was from India and there was no one in the U.S. in their company to talk to.

The first thing that shocked me was they only accepted Visa, Mastercard, or Debit card. I wanted to use my Best Buy card but they said they didn't take it. If I wanted a phone through them, I had to provide them a Visa, Mastercard, or Debit. I called Best Buy customer service in the U.S. because I don't like to use my credit cards in other countries. Even though they said this was a legitimate third party vendor of Best Buy, they didn't understand why they didn't take the Best Buy Card and was demanding a credit card.

I decided to give them another try after talking to Best Buy using one the the accepted cards. On the second try, they were a little nicer. We got all the way to me giving them all my billing and credit card information when they asked for my Social Security number... Who in this day and age asks for a SSN number. There was no way I was going to give that to someone in another country to have along with all my billing information. Again, I was told no number, no phone. I asked for a supervisor again and he stated the same. I was about to cancel the order and hang when he stated that it was Sprint that requires them to get it and if I wanted, we could do a three way call to Sprint to verify... The rest I will make short. About 20 minutes later after talking to a couple departments within Sprint, I was told Sprint DIDN'T require my SSN and all the company had to note was my account number.

The SUPERVISOR of this site then abruptly hung up on me as soon as the lady at Sprint said that!! Something is just not right with this company.

I have since filed complaints with the online Best Buy customer relations and also talked to the department over the third party vendors at Best Buy Corporate. I also canceled the credit card I used with them because there are tons of complaints on Simplexity and Wirefly where they have come back and charged credit cards months later for non existent purchases.

I hope this complaint helps someone in the future.