Winners International / 500,000 LOTTERY WINNINGS COST MY MOTHER IN LAW 50,000

1 FL, United States Review updated:

ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO, A JIMMY COOPER OF COOPER, COOPER, AND ASSOC. BEGAN CALLING MY MOTHER IN LAW. SHE KEPT THIS VERY SECRET AND WHEN I RAN ACROSS A NOTE SHE HAD LEFT ON THE COUNTER THAT STATED SHE WAS TRANSFERING SOMEONE 5000.00 CASH TODAY WE ALL BEGAN TO WORRY. SO WE STARTED LISTENING TO THE PHONE CALLS, HE CALLED 20-30 TIMES A DAY. WE FOUND OUT BY THIS POINT SHE HAD ALREADY GIVEN THEM 40000.00 TO PAY FEDERAL INSURANCE FOR HER WINNINGS. SHE GOT LEARY AND BEGAN ASKING QUESTIONS, SO HE HAD SOMEONE CALL FROM THE "IRS" STATED THEY WERE DENNIS WISE AND BADGE NUMBER WAS A-10474. SHE HAS TAKEN OUT LOANS AND BORROWED MONEY FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO PAY THIS FEDERAL INSURANCE HOPING TO GET THE CHECK BEING HELD BY TWO MEN AT A HOTEL...SCAM...WE ALL WISH WE WOULDVE SAID SOMETHING TO HER. NOW SHE IS OUT OVER $40, 000.00 (FOURTY THOUSAND!!!). IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO?

Comments

• Ba
      24th of Feb, 2011

I received a phone call today from "International Winner Sweepstakes". He said his name is Alfred Jones from Garland, TX and his phone number is 876.265.0746 and said I had won $50, 000 and he needed me to go to CVS Pharmacy or Walmart and purchase a "Greendot moneypak" reload card for $250. He said it is a scratch off card and I needed to be careful scratching it off. He said he would call me back to get the 4 numbers off the card, that it would act as a receipt. And then they would come to my house to give me my $50, 000. Immediately after I got off the phone, I looked this up on line and found multiple reports of these scams. Thank you everyone for posting your experiences for everybody else to be aware of.

• Di
      25th of Jul, 2014

I received a call today 7-25-2014 from Mr. James phone # 876-594-5155 saying that I won $750, 000 from Winners International asking me $200.00 to be collected today. I told him I will call him back.

Thanks so much for posting comments ...regarding scams going on.

• Mc
      22nd of Jan, 2016

Got a call from a man who said he was calling from The Winners International, Nashville, Tennessee, . saying that I had won a large jackpot and he had a check to be delivered to me. I don't know how he got my name or phone number. He said that I needed to send him $15, 000 in processing fee. He called twice. How does one track down people like these!.