Winners Readers ServiceScam

M Review updated:

This company has been charging me $33 dollars a month for magazines I am not receiving. I have tried to contact them directly but have had no luck since everywhere I look for contact info gives me a different phone number, none of which have been working. This company is a scam and I do not know how to stop these payments.

jamestreat Apr 07, 2020

This company refuses to cancel my subscriptions to magazines I did not order.

• Ck
    C?K Dec 10, 2019

They have been harassing me since 2007!! I get a call every 6 months from them telling me I still have a "Bonus" that has to be satisfied!! I hang up on them constantly!! I was threatened approximately one yr ago and agreed to pay the $33. per month if they would actually send magazines that I had chosen in 2007. They still cannot get it right!! I do not understand how they can get away with this and the authorities have not researched this company! So for 12 yrs I have put up with this and am done!!

• Ay
    aydensmommy Jan 17, 2012

I was contacted by Winners readers Service and offered a supposedly great deal on some magagzines, little did I know I would not be able to cancel for 5 years which I had never been told and then to make matters worse it would end up costing me almost $900.00 !!! And if that wasnt bad enough half the time I dont even get the magazines. So I refused to pay them because I wasnt recieving these magazines and one day recieved a call from a man at theyre office who proceeded to threaten me with a law suit and told me if I wanted to defend myself against them in this law suit I would have to fly to Arizona, ( Which was a fat lie) anyways by the end of the conversation I was so freaked out by the possibility of a law suit that I ended up faxing him all my bank info ( stupid) but he told me if I didnt comply that day that he could longer help me and my husband would be sued and probably have his wages garnished, come to find out after a helpful conversation with the better buisness bureau that these people are liers and that it was illegal for him to lie in order to collect a debt and that the company had a "F" rating with the better buisness bureau. So buyers beware I will Never make a mistake like that one again!!

• Ca
    carebear1006 Apr 01, 2011

I tried to get them to stop calling me - they said that sometime in the last 5 yrs i had a magazine subsrciption and there were "bonus" subscriptions that i had to use. i was able to reach billing at 866.235.5494 and with get them to stop billing tough they say i will need to "comply" eventually.