Windstream (DSL) / dsl internet service

1 Whitney, TX, United States Review updated:

Service was very good for several years up until a few months ago. My IP address is dropped almost consistently around 4-5pm every day. There are intermittent outages all day long. Not sure what has happened and no one at customer support can tell me anything. A few reps have admitted it's something on their end. The next day someone else denies it. They send tech supports out who find absolutely nothing wrong of course. It is obvious due to the timing of the outages that it has to do with high traffic times or something of that nature. To sum it up, terrible customer service - had to wait 40 minutes both calls just to talk with a human being. Secondly, I'm paying for terrible internet service.

Comments

• Do
      26th of Sep, 2008

When I tried to access the internet just before 8 AM on September 25, 2008 it did not work. After trying the usual trouble shooting I called their help desk. Someone with an off-shore type accent went through the same trouble shooting: switch off and on the modem, reboot the PC, reset the modem. After nearly 30 minutes he tells me "There is a problem with the server. It will be fixed by 8 AM tomorrow." So I had to rush into my office to get to a working network so I could do my work. Of course Windstream won't refund me for the gas and 2 hours of lost wages. At best they will tell me how sorry they are.

Since Windstream took over CTC my service has been a nightmare. Outages, lost mailbox, and on one occasion an extremely rude customer support person.

• Km
      11th of Feb, 2012

Same problem in Coolidge TX. For 3 weeks now DSL has gotten slow from roughly noon to midnight. Local tech says the problem is on other end at little rock where the DSL runs out of. I get 12mbs plus sometime after midnight till noon or so then the drop off starts till by 5 or 6 it stops completely for seconds at a time or drops to .50 mbs or less. Its 10:45 pm now and it is running at 44 ping up .63 & down at 1.24