WinCo Foods / winco foods food poisoning from eggnog that was not expired yet.

1 Stockton, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased eggnog that was not expired. It had green mold and black mold fusse in the carton after I had been drinkig about 5 glasses over a period of 4-5 days. Discovered on the 23rd of november 2010 why I had been sick since november 17, 2010. Discovered it was not the stomach flu I had some type of intestinal abdominal food poisioning from the eggnog I had purchased november 14, 2010 which had an expiration date of november 26, 2010. Imagine that a store you shop at 2-3 times a month could cause you to be ill for 7days including thanksgiving day my holiday was messed up and I had a body shut down from the mold and contaminated eggnog. I filled a claim that night I had them take pictures of the eggnog and the proof of purchase. It is the 27th of november and still no word from the insurance co. Or the store still calling them and waiting been going to the dr for my illness to get better from the diarhea and vomitting and stomach cramps and pain. I have a family and just recently had a new babie boy and am trying to get well to see for them.!!

Ar

Comments

• Pu
      27th of Nov, 2010

This would not be the fault of the store, unless they improperly stored the product, which is likely, as I have been to WinCo before and know what their dairy setup is like.

You should file a claim with the manufacturer also, as they might have been at fault and not the store.

You probably wont get any "action" from this until after all of the holidays are over.

• Ge
      11th of Dec, 2010

why couldnt you tell there was mold inside?