Wimpy / very unclean playzone

1 United States

On sunday 4th October we enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Arbour Crossing, Amanzimtoti branch of Wimpy. We choose Wimpy most often for the play area as it allows our 2 year old some freedom while we enjoy a lunch. The play area was empty and my 2 year old is not yet confident on manouvering through the system without someone to show him the way. In order to empower my son(and give my husband endless giggles) I climbed into the play area to show him how to climb through the various sections. I wanted to show him how to get to the 'ball' structure on the end as he would have been able to see our table from there. As I entered the tunnel leading to this ball I was overcome by the smell of urine! I stuck my head forward and saw a 'puddle' in the base of the ball with old food debris floating in it. I immediatelly removed my son from the play area and found other ways to entertain him during our lunch.

While I understand the practical implications of staff accessing this pay area I feel it is imperative that a childrens area be checked and cleaned regularly to ensure a high hygiene standard is maintained. We will have to think twice before allowing him in the playzone again!