Whirlpool / refrigerator quit working after 3 months
I thought that whirpool made good dependable products, however I stand to be corrected for this type of thinking.I do believe that at one time in America Whirpool was a good product, but in modern times quality companies are being bought out by companies that produce a cheap product under the well known name of quality. Don’t trust the well known names any longer. I remember, and this dates me, when a brand name appliance would last 20 years, had few service calls, and the product required no extended warranty.
My daughter and her husband bought a Whirpool refrigerator from Lowes in may 2010, they did not buy the extended warranty, The refridgerator quit working on September 29, 2011. Whirpool listened to my complaints in a polite manner, but more or less said that is the way products are made today, your daughter should have purchased the extended warranty.
I feel that it is a shame that major companies have no pride of craftsmanship in a product, that products are made to be disposable, but as consumers we are also to blame because we tolerate low standards and continue to consume. My daughter had to buy a new refridgerator, whirpool’s brand only lasted 15 months, but I guarantee that they did not buy the Whirpool brand.
My anology of Whirpool is this, One can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin a sheep once! I will never buy a Whirpool product again.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products