Whirlpool / refrigerator quit working after 3 months

United States Review updated:

I thought that whirpool made good dependable products, however I stand to be corrected for this type of thinking.I do believe that at one time in America Whirpool was a good product, but in modern times quality companies are being bought out by companies that produce a cheap product under the well known name of quality. Don’t trust the well known names any longer. I remember, and this dates me, when a brand name appliance would last 20 years, had few service calls, and the product required no extended warranty.

My daughter and her husband bought a Whirpool refrigerator from Lowes in may 2010, they did not buy the extended warranty, The refridgerator quit working on September 29, 2011. Whirpool listened to my complaints in a polite manner, but more or less said that is the way products are made today, your daughter should have purchased the extended warranty.

I feel that it is a shame that major companies have no pride of craftsmanship in a product, that products are made to be disposable, but as consumers we are also to blame because we tolerate low standards and continue to consume. My daughter had to buy a new refridgerator, whirpool’s brand only lasted 15 months, but I guarantee that they did not buy the Whirpool brand.

My anology of Whirpool is this, One can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin a sheep once! I will never buy a Whirpool product again.

Go

Comments

• Wp
      17th of Apr, 2012

Hello Goobert. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.[protected]@whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.