Whirlpool: Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Double Oven / dissappointed with products

19525 Pendle Road
South Bend
Phone: 574-272-8890
I am dissapointed with the Whirlpool prodects we have. We moved into a new home 4 years ago. The home had brand new Whirlpool appliances - double oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator. First the double oven went out in less than a year. A repairman came out and repaired it because it was under warranty. I believe they installed a new thermal fuse. It lasted until a couple weeks before Easter and the stove went out a second time. We called Whirlpool (We had a certified electrician who stated the part number of the part needed for that stove by the diagram on the stove. The person on the other end said that part number did not match what the manufacturer had in stock. In other wise there is no such part. Since our friends could not get the part needed, disconnected the broken oven so we could use the good one. Also we almost had a fire in the house. The element kept getting hotter (whiter). I turned the breaker box off and the oven started to cool down. The double overn broke down three times in 4 years.
2) We had a Whirlpool dishwasher. It broke after 3 years and we had to get another one. We bought an industrial washer (KitchenAid). In less than a year the motor went out on it. Did Whirlpool buy out KitchenAid? My point is in three years the Whirlpool dishwasher had to be replaced.
3) We also own a Whirlpool refrigerator/ freezer, side by side. First the freezer went out and then the refrigerator stopped working. We had someone come in and he said the relay went out in it. We had a friend do it because we were told the warranty expired on the refrigerator and it cost us $100 just to have one of your servicement come out, so we had a friend look at the refrigerator. The frigde works fine now.
My point in this is we have three Whirlpool products and three of them broke down. I realize things will break down, but in this short of time? We owned a used stove when we married in 1979 and had it until 2004. The only thing we had to do on it is replace the heating element. One or two of the burners did not work, but they broke after the year 2000. We are very disappointed in your products.
We did not feel Whirlpool was a great help to us when we called and asked for help. We will probably get other products other than Whirlpool.

Stephen Giegerich

N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
my email is scgieg@worldnet.att.net instead of ssgieg@worldnet.att.net

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation