Whirlpool Corporation / refrigerator

I purchased a refrigerator and stove at Rona in Brampton, ON on November 19, 2016 for cash and with an expected delivery date of Dec 10, 2016, in 2 to 3 weeks. I was hoping to receive these products well before my Christmas dinner. Unfortunately after numerous promises of next day deliveries, Rona/Lowe was unable to make the delivery as promised and as per my contract citing over selling and Whirlpool's inability to keep up with production. Needless to say I was extremely annoyed and after many daily calls, they finally sent me two appliances on January 5, 2017. I always suspected that these were not brand new products that I paid for and expected to receive. However, a year out and I came home to find everything in my freezer was thawed including many meat products. I called Rona/Lowe but of course the appliances were not their responsibility and I was directed to Whirlpool Canada. Whirlpool then told me that I was out of the 1 year warranty and that they could not send a repair man until a few days out and that there was a substantial charge! Who ever heard of a brand new appliance biting the dust after such a short period of time? I have had Whirlpool appliances for many years but this is the first time I have ever had to call in a repair or pay to have an appliance done. I have an Invoice #1638 and a cash receipt #[protected] from Rona both dated November 19, 2016. I also have paper copies of phone #s and names of a few people at Rona that I spoke with and the CS at Whirpool, Marianne, on Dec 14, 2016 at [protected], who quoted me a PO #5894533. I would like someone to repair my appliances at no cost to me and refund me for my meat products, or better yet replace this defective appliance that will probably break down again soon!

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jun 08, 2018

Dear China59:

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your Refrigerator concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. If you are still in need of assistance, please respond back to this email address, [protected]@whirlpool.com. We will need your name, phone number, street address, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance, along with a brief description of the issue at hand.

We look forward to your reply.

Ch