Whirlpool / irresponsible customer service

1 India

Hello,

I'm Sunil from Hyderabad and I own "WHIRLPOOL ICE MAGIC R21" brought in the year 2004 and is still under warranty. This product encountered some problem and is not working properly now - it is completely shutdown since 21st March, 2008. As it is a holiday weekend that time, I called Whirlpool customer service desk in Hyderabad (routed to New Delhi) on 24th March, 2008. The refence number which was given to me in connection to my compliant is "HD0308007798". At the time of logging complaint, I explained how critical this refrigerator for me and urged them to immediate attention. And from that point onwards, I'm calling them daily - morning and evening - to check the status. But, still, I didn't see technician visiting my home to check the problem and fix it.

Everytime I call - I'm getting an answer as technician will be today/early tomorrow morning. Days are running but there are no signs of technician coming to look into this problem.

All of sudden - on 29th March, 2008, when I called to enquire they said my complaint has been closed because I do not own any Whirlpool product - this is a shock to me - no one approached me and they simply closed the call giving non-sense reason.

I didn't expect this sort of irresponsible behavior towards customer's.

I'm running out of options - is there any way I can do to whirlpool people to wake-up from sleep and make them work for pity customers like me.

Thanks,