Westlake financial / rude and heartless

1 TX, United States

I have been with this company since May of 2009 and I have hated them the entire time. Making a payment is a HUGE hassle every month. I was doing super good at paying them on time and then back in May of 2010 my mom passed away and I called to tell them I was unable to work as much because I had to take care of her, they said OK I can make a partial payment and be good. They made me pay $200, my payment is $350... Not much difference. I tried to trade in my car after that and found out they have screwed up my credit. They had reported all my payments to my mom's social security number, who was my cosigner. I then called and complained to them and it too 2 months to get them to backdate all the payments to my social security number. After that I moved to school in a town 3 hours from home and finding a job is impossible there, there are a lot of students and if you have a bad class schedule, good luck finding a job that will even call you for an interview. I have been using my student financial aid which is frowned upon for using it like that. I didn't get part of my money from school until 6 days later than promised which was 16 days after my payment was due, I got a call to repo it! 16 DAYS!!! When I finally was able to make my payment the lady hung up on me after yelling at me for being late, and then proceeded to have yet another rude employee tell me I have been late every month, I'm not sure what they were looking at but I had been late TWICE. That was in October 2010. I paid October's on time and now in November I was late 14 days and got a repo notice. I am a student with 2 dead parents. I struggle to feed myself and to get gas to get to school and now I can't refinance anywhere else because my credit has been messed up SO bad. They are rude everytime you call and give you the run around on talking to a supervisor. This company is a JOKE!

Lh