Western Dental / terrible everything
In August of 2007, I went to Western Dental in San Leandro California. Over the next couple of weeks I had examinations and work done on my teeth, including two that were extracted. The work included, fillings, extractions, a crown, and deep cleaning, as well as x-rays. I was supposed to return to have another tooth extracted, but had no desire to return there. I was treated shoddily, and left sitting in a dental chair, almost horizontal, for almost an hour. The Dentist had injected me with medication to numb my jaw and left me sitting. I finally called out to an assistant who was walking by, and she went to get the Dentist (who seemed to know little English). When she returned I told her that the injection had worn off, and requested that she numb the area again.
After the work was completed I went home, and endured pain from the crown she had put in. It was jabbing my gum, but I thought that it would stop hurting after a while (which it did). I was sooo glad that these people were out of my mouth, and even though I had problems with the work, vowed not to return there.
Finally I got Dental Insurance through my job, and went to another dentist in Hayward California. To my horror they told me that I had to have everything redone, that WD had done, not even a year ago. Since there is a deductible, i will have to pay over $6000.00 to have the work redone. Not to mention that I have already gone through pain and suffering with WD. They also mentioned that there is an infection under the crown, which is affecting my lower left jaw. Also the fillings she put in all have decay under them, and I may lose more teeth.
So to say the least I am upset with WD, and their shoddy work. I am also upset with the State of California for allowing them to continue practicing here. BTW when I tried to look up my Dentist on the State Licensing Board, she was not there. They have given me the run-around since I contacted them about my complaint. I have not been able to get anyone on the Corporate site.
More Western Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Western Dental - fraud 
- Western Dental - fraud, neglence, and criminal charge 
- Western Dental - price rip off 
- Western Dental - dear future wd patient 
- Western Dental - western dental in salinas, ca 
- Western Dental Services - exposed wires in children’s room at western dental
- Western Dental Services - having my teeth get fixed
- Western Dental Services - why am I billed when I am fully paid? 
- Western Dental Services - I required replacement itemized receipts in order to reactivate my flex spend account.
- Western Dental Services - billing and non disclosure